Monster Beats Solo ?
Oct 31, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #46 of 134
I believe the apple store offers a two week return period, so if you buy them from there you have a bit of time to decide whether they're worth the price or not and best of all, you can test it with your own equipment and music.

Double check with the store first though, I'm not 100% sure.

Oct 31, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #47 of 134
What I care most about it is "How's Beats Solo compare to Monster Studio ? " Maybe many people will say Monster Studio is GARBAGE !! But I just want to know the difference . Is Beats Solo get less bass or something else ? Wait for someone's impression .

Oct 31, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #49 of 134
The problem is your more likely to find a review scouring the web than waiting on someone head-fi to post one, now was far as credibility of said review is a different story.

Nov 1, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #50 of 134
Again... why don't you just test and compare them yourself in a store? It would be much faster and more accurate comparison for you, since you're listening to them yourself. Isn't it better if you determine the difference firsthand than wait for a 2nd- hand subjective review?

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #51 of 134
I have the same question, but i cant compare the studio vs the solos, because im living in Mexico, i dont have passport to travel to USA...

A friend goes to Houston (in black friday) and he shopping my solos (or studio) but i need know the differences betwen the 2 before of the shopping.

Sorry about my english... Im speak mexican spanish LOL...

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #52 of 134
The Beats Studio do NOT sound rubbish. I've got Audio Technica A900s, M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros, and quite honestly I think everyone just loves to hate on anything with an exaggerated marketing campaign. They ARE good. They sound very, very nice for a noise cancelling pair, and I'd put them easily above Bose and Audio Technica noise cancelling pairs. They have a built in low noise amplifier inside the headphones, and honestly, no joke- they do sound amazing. Can you get better headphones for the price? No doubt. They're flimsy, they need batteries to run, they rattle a bit when you walk, and they leak sound like they're not closed. Worth the money? To me they were because finally I can wear a full size set of headphones in public without looking like a total idiot. They look great, they sound very good, and they seem to offer excellent customer service when it comes to the Beats line- just check out their Facebook page, the op answers to individual queries within hours.

The solo's- well I'm still waiting for my pair to come in- but from initial reviews they don't seem to have identical sound, which I don't expect from them. I want something that can answer calls, skip tracks etc with the red controltalk cable... listen to decent quality music on the move- and to my ears that have been through at least 30 pairs of headphones, if the solos sound 3/4 as good as the Studios I'll be happy. Because these headphones have made on ear designs acceptable again. I hate earbuds with a passion, and have been through tons of top tier IEMs (yes, the UE triplefi 10, phonaks etc) and know that nothing sounds as good or wholesome as cans.

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #53 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by akqrate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sound very, very nice for a noise cancelling pair, and I'd put them easily above Bose and Audio Technica noise cancelling pairs.

I'm basically reposting what someone more respectable did a while ago, but you have to keep in mind that there's a very small market for NC cans and as such, it's not difficult to make "nice for NC" headphones.

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #54 of 134
Why would you buy these at all? If you want overpriced noise-cancelling headphones get the new QC15, jeez.

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #55 of 134
Nov 18, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #56 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At $199, you get yourself a nice pair of Sennheiser HD 555, Denon AH-D1001, Shure SRH840, Grado SR225i, and many others. Good hunting.

If in the US, HD555 are less than $100

-Nkk

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #57 of 134
I saw someone waring Shure SRH 440 outside today, and they looked pretty good for fullsize headphones unlike HD555 I had a while ago.

Nov 27, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #58 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't the top brands hire great marketing teams to combat this problem?

When they do, Headfi will say the top brands "sold out" and are now catering to the high volume Apple market and are churning out crap fly by night non-HiFi non-Audiophile headphones.

Nov 27, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #59 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by gr33nhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I care most about it is "How's Beats Solo compare to Monster Studio ? " Maybe many people will say Monster Studio is GARBAGE !! But I just want to know the difference . Is Beats Solo get less bass or something else ? Wait for someone's impression .

The Beats line has demo booths in fine electronics stores around the world. Just demo both for yourself and trust what you hear. Don't let anyone, especially anyone on this board, sway the decision that yours own ears make for you.

The demo booths also have an out jack so you can try your existing headphones. I suggest your favorite pair over and comparing it against the Beats line. If you find they are worth the money then, then go for it.

Nov 27, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #60 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by RX7PHILE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the Beats studio were better than the QC3 when I listened to them in Apple store. Although I prefered my KSC 75 of course. Here are some FR graphs from headroom.
http://www.headphone.com/buildAGraph...are+Headphones

Very interesting FR results, looking at it you'd think the Beats were crap, but I have the QC3 and I tried it side by side the Beats Studio in the Monster booth and the Monsters were way, way better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back