Monster Beats Solo ?
Oct 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 134
Welcome to head-fi. Beats headphones are not considered hi-fi level and gets no respect around head-fi.

What I say is give them an audition and see if you like it. The Beats Studio is actually fairly good, and not bassy as people make them out to be. It may be a bit overpriced, but it does look good when you go to a Starbucks or travelling around.

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #6 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At $199, you get yourself a nice pair of Sennheiser HD 555, Denon AH-D1001, Shure SRH840, Grado SR225i, and many others. Good hunting.

my preference at the price is the HD25-1's

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #7 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good point. The HD25-I is highly regarded as a closed, portable all-rounder that does well with many genres of music.
darthsmile.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #8 of 134
What the hell happened to this forum?

Oct 28, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #11 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At $199, you get yourself a nice pair of Sennheiser HD 555, Denon AH-D1001, Shure SRH840, Grado SR225i, and many others. Good hunting.

I 2nd the recommendation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And my preference at $199 wouldb be the HD25-1 as well. It is one of the best portable.

-edited-
I misread your post.

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #12 of 134
Once again, no one answered the original poster's question. He did not ask, "What headphone could I get for the price of the Beats Solo that sounds better than that model?" He asked if anyone had listened to the Solo and what they thought of it. I'm interested in having this question about the Solo answered because my son is interested in that particular model. But once again, it's turned into a "For that price, buy this instead..." thread.

While it's certainly fine to offer alternative suggestions in the same price range, i get really, really tired of people in this forum totally ignoring the original questions and chiming in with a vote for their personal favorite. That seems to happen with astounding regularity here. Plus, I would bet money that the people who said "buy this instead" have never listened to the Solo and therefore have no basis for comparison to their favorite can.

And please, all this is my opinion, so let's not totally derail this thread by having people respond telling me to chill out or trying to justify this phenomenon.

So can somebody please answer the original question about the Beats Solo?

Thank you.

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #13 of 134
Ok , maybe it's my fault . This headphone isn't already in store now . But I saw someone sell them on internet . So I don't konw if anyone already own one . And all the people here seem to hate Monster . I know the studio one is overprice , I just want to know how's the beats solo compare to Monster studio

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #14 of 134
Ok , maybe it's my fault . This headphone isn't already in store now . But I saw someone sell them on internet . So I don't konw if anyone already own one . And all the people here seem to hate Monster . I know the studio one is overprice , I just want to know how's the beats solo compare to Monster studio

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #15 of 134
Well, if you're admitting that they aren't in stores, you won't get much of a response from people who've heard them, since that number will be extremely low. If I were to take a stab at how they sound, it's probably very similar to the Studio model, just slightly lowered specs (entailing perhaps a muddier sound/less pronounced sound, for example). Personally, while I have obviously *not* heard the Studio, I wasn't very impressed with it, and can't imagine being impressed with its lower-end counterpart.

As for Sjino: No one said they ever heard the Solo (note the most recent post); people are suggesting other phones because of Monster's, and the Studio Beats, reputation. Not everyone is trying to derail the thread by suggesting other options. Perhaps they think the OP should actually consider the options mentioned instead, as they may turn out to be a better purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back