Monster Beats Pro is like a Sony XB
Aug 30, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #136 of 156
This is turning into a basshead fest, there is much to be learnt here for me. Keep up the good work guys 
basshead.gif

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #137 of 156

Quote:
I hear ya, I recently sold off my PRO 900's and all, I'm trying to re-build a portable setup that will deliver what I want. It's amazing how many headphones that don't swivel 180 degrees on the cup. Annoying as all get out. I've yet to try a Stax yet. One day for sure!

Very best,

From your previous posts I thought you were in love with the Pro 900s. May I ask what changed? I actually was looking to give ultrasone a shot.

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #138 of 156
The entire Beats line of headphone are just overpriced celebrity endorsed garbage.

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #139 of 156
I love all the posters who come on and hate on the 'popular kids' for wearing beats while trying to be popular on headfi by hating on headphones half of them probably have not heard. Its all gone beyond the point of ridiculousness - 'beats sound worse than my 2.99 headphones that have been through the wash and they raped my mother'. How about rather than turning people off audio whenever the topic is brought up by giving massively exaggerated opinions and flaming them like spiteful children, rather just actually listening to the questions they ask.

Its stuff like all the flamers that make you ashamed to say your into audio. It should be about encouraging people to enjoy music not showing how much of a condescending little idiot you can be. I saw this video the other day by someone called thesnazzyiphone guy on youtube endorsing the beats and then he clearly drank too much kool aide and came back with a video suggesting alternatives to the beats. Now all this would be fine and I'm not claiming the beats are good (I have never heard them) but instead of speaking to potential beats owners like he wanted them to genuinely consider alternatives he just flamed them and did the whole 'OMG BOSE AND BEATS ARE WORSE THAN BEING DEAF' in a lame attempt to try and recover whatever credibility he thinks he lost. It was clear that the video was not about encouraging people to get into audio but more about asserting himself as an elitist hifi moron who had the 'taste' to flame people he was 'trying' to help. How about instead on headfi we make it cool to hate on wannabe elitist morons who turn off newcomers to the site by acting like spoiled children. 

Rant over...

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #140 of 156

Quote:
I love all the posters who come on and hate on the 'popular kids' for wearing beats while trying to be popular on headfi by hating on headphones half of them probably have not heard. Its all gone beyond the point of ridiculousness - 'beats sound worse than my 2.99 headphones that have been through the wash and they raped my mother'. How about rather than turning people off audio whenever the topic is brought up by giving massively exaggerated opinions and flaming them like spiteful children, rather just actually listening to the questions they ask.

Its stuff like all the flamers that make you ashamed to say your into audio. It should be about encouraging people to enjoy music not showing how much of a condescending little idiot you can be. I saw this video the other day by someone called thesnazzyiphone guy on youtube endorsing the beats and then he clearly drank too much kool aide and came back with a video suggesting alternatives to the beats. Now all this would be fine and I'm not claiming the beats are good (I have never heard them) but instead of speaking to potential beats owners like he wanted them to genuinely consider alternatives he just flamed them and did the whole 'OMG BOSE AND BEATS ARE WORSE THAN BEING DEAF' in a lame attempt to try and recover whatever credibility he thinks he lost. It was clear that the video was not about encouraging people to get into audio but more about asserting himself as an elitist hifi moron who had the 'taste' to flame people he was 'trying' to help. How about instead on headfi we make it cool to hate on wannabe elitist morons who turn off newcomers to the site by acting like spoiled children. 

Rant over...

So you are saying that without knowing what the beats sound like, you find other people's opinions massively exaggerated ? You've been on this forum longer than I do and you seem older as well, you should know that your language is not exactly pleasant to read.

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #141 of 156

Quote:

Rant over...

Hi, I am among the Beats' campaign's target age. I know many people who own Beats of many varieties. I have heard every single model. All of them suck, and that would be assuming they were priced correctly. At their current prices, they are a worthless fashion accessory for idiots. 

Good day. 

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #144 of 156
I am saying that flaming people as seems to have become the norm is a shame. Yes, its pointed language but nothing compared to what the headfi sanctioned hate brigade throw out every day. I just think its a shame when new people in audio bring up these topics and everyone jumps to put them down. I do not think its an exaggerated reaction, we have all seen it happen plenty and its a shame.

Quote:
So you are saying that without knowing what the beats sound like, you find other people's opinions massively exaggerated ? You've been on this forum longer than I do and you seem older as well, you should know that your language is not exactly pleasant to read.

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #145 of 156

Quote:
I am saying that flaming people as seems to have become the norm is a shame. Yes, its pointed language but nothing compared to what the headfi sanctioned hate brigade throw out every day. I just think its a shame when new people in audio bring up these topics and everyone jumps to put them down. I do not think its an exaggerated reaction, we have all seen it happen plenty and its a shame.

Well, this thread had nothing to do with what you're assuming. I gave the Monster Beats Pro a big benefit of the doubt, put down my cash, got a pair, and spent my own time testing it with genres that it was intended for. If you need a link to my final impressions, here they are.

I do agree that there is a bit of too much bashing that don't really make much sense since most of it is subjective. Noobies bash them saying "Too much bass!" Well, if you're a basshead or treble sensitive, that's not really a problem. Distortion and bass bleed should be the biggest criteria to focus on and ALL the Monster Beats fail with those tests regardless of what price bracket you're comparing.

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #146 of 156
I have read the thread. I realise your not just coming into the thread. TBH it was a bit irrelevant (in terms of the thread I posted on) and I don't intend to hijack the thread further. As I say, I didn't mean to imply you were a basher or a newcomer, I guess they are thoughts that have been kicking around for a while. 

I don't mind people thinking the beats are not good headphones but I really like this website and I think most people here are great, it just makes me sad when people jump down the throat of those (and often it is new members) who reveal they own or are considering beats. Its a great little community and I just think we could do with a bit less elitism and people could be more gentle with newcomers, we all started at some point and we all thought some badddd audio was good at one time in our lives. 

Having said that, it was a bit of a rant not connected to the thread so in the spirit of that I will abandon further replies, if people want to pick this apart they can do but I will not be replying. I hope at least some people got what I mean though, its not about the beats really its more about making a great community more accessable, less intimidating and finally in respecting the choice of people who click with headphones we personally do not like! I love my K702's and plenty of people here find them hopeless, it all means that if one day I want a change of sonic scenery there will be plenty of different flavours and if people like big bass for their music or want some really smart looking headphones then its possible that for their personal priorities the beats are a good buy. 

Anyway, hijack over

take care.

Aug 31, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #147 of 156
I too noticed that the Beats pro sound better than the Beats.... They are also built alot better and the cups are a little more comfy. When i heard them, i thought the bass was lacking compared to the regular beats. They definitely had more of a neutral feel to them with a bit of extra bass. However, the bass was still weak and was muddy and rolled off. The mids where decent, definitely better the regular beats, but they where quite recessed nonetheless. The highs i didn't hear much, but they definitely weren't anthing special.

In conclusion, they are slightly better, but are still definitely NOT worth 300+ dollars when you can get some nice and WAY better beyers/hd 600/hd650/d2000s for that same price range. 

Aug 31, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #148 of 156
Basically, I simply dont care for Beats.  They are way overpriced and people love to show off how they have 300 dollar crap headphones by wearing them around their neck wherever they go.  I have listend to the Solo, Studio and Pro Beats.  The Pro's are decent but not for the price.  The other two simply suck.  If you havent listened to them you wouldnt know.  The build quality is also poor.  If I spent 300 dollars on a headphone I would expect it to last more than a year with no problems.  However I just bought some 90 dollar Sony's that ive had for three years, are built like a tank, and sound a billion times better than any headphone in the Beats by Dre product line.  Guess you just have to pick in choose.  P.S. If you strongly dislike Beats like my Beats by Dre Suck page on Facebook.  

Sep 1, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #149 of 156

Quote:
Basically, I simply dont care for Beats.  They are way overpriced and people love to show off how they have 300 dollar crap headphones by wearing them around their neck wherever they go.  I have listend to the Solo, Studio and Pro Beats.  The Pro's are decent but not for the price.  The other two simply suck.  If you havent listened to them you wouldnt know.  The build quality is also poor.  If I spent 300 dollars on a headphone I would expect it to last more than a year with no problems.  However I just bought some 90 dollar Sony's that ive had for three years, are built like a tank, and sound a billion times better than any headphone in the Beats by Dre product line.  Guess you just have to pick in choose.  P.S. If you strongly dislike Beats like my Beats by Dre Suck page on Facebook.  

Hello. Do you mean this one?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=199381270850

Sep 1, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #150 of 156
P.S. If you strongly dislike Beats like my Beats by Dre Suck page on Facebook.  

You must have been really bored.

Why would you care how another person spends his/her money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back