Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #7,622 of 8,051
Looks similar to what Losodo design made although their version also had aluminum mesh sandwiched with the acoustic cloth.

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #7,625 of 8,051
Foam was long gone, seams to add lower base, increased kick drum frequencies. Also seamed to lose a little wideness, but in a good way.

Feb 13, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #7,626 of 8,051
Well, the reason I have no problem putting money into the M1060 is that I've owned LCD2.2 Pre-fazors, HE-560, MrSpeakers Aeon Flow open as well as some dynamic driver sets like the Focal Elear and they've all been sold off. I just like the M1060 better, so spending the money to make them much more comfortable and sound even better makes perfect sense to me.

I understand others might not feel the same way, I'm just explaining why I myself have done the more costly mods.
I love my m1060c too. That makes total sense. I’ve got a few different cans and I always go back to the m1060c. I’m more tempted to get a non c set then to get the headband. I really want a new set to mod. I’m hoping with my tax return I can scrounge up enough to get a set and covert my c’s back to closed.

Feb 13, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #7,627 of 8,051
I love my m1060c too. That makes total sense. I’ve got a few different cans and I always go back to the m1060c. I’m more tempted to get a non c set then to get the headband. I really want a new set to mod. I’m hoping with my tax return I can scrounge up enough to get a set and covert my c’s back to closed.

I got a new set of planar magnetic headphones coming in from a kickstarter campaign I backed. They are on a ship somewhere between Kiev and the US for now, but they may actually dethrone the M1060 for me as value for money king and become my overall favorite if all the reviews are to be believed. They are called the Verum 1 and the kickstarter price was $299, but even after a super successful campaign he's not hiking the price to anything crazy. They're selling on his site for $350. If you're curious, I'll let you know what I think in comparison to my M1060's after I get them and spend a little time A/B'ing.

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #7,628 of 8,051
I got a new set of planar magnetic headphones coming in from a kickstarter campaign I backed. They are on a ship somewhere between Kiev and the US for now, but they may actually dethrone the M1060 for me as value for money king and become my overall favorite if all the reviews are to be believed. They are called the Verum 1 and the kickstarter price was $299, but even after a super successful campaign he's not hiking the price to anything crazy. They're selling on his site for $350. If you're curious, I'll let you know what I think in comparison to my M1060's after I get them and spend a little time A/B'ing.
Just to say, I have M1060, among far more expensive planers, and after around 40 hours listening, I only now use the Verum.i don't know if we are allowed to mention these on here?.

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #7,629 of 8,051
Just to say, I have M1060, among far more expensive planers, and after around 40 hours listening, I only now use the Verum.i don't know if we are allowed to mention these on here?.

Can you post pics? I saw Z review these and at 299 I would be in, 350 and that funky headband is holding me back,,,

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #7,630 of 8,051

We'll see if these posts stay, lol. I guess it is technically on topic seeing as we're discussing how they compare or will compare with the M1060. I'm looking forward to receiving my Verum and seeing how they hold up for me against my modded and stock pairs of M1060.

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #7,631 of 8,051
Can you post pics? I saw Z review these and at 299 I would be in, 350 and that funky headband is holding me back,,,

For pics and stuff, you'd be better off making that request in the Verum 1 thread here on site. As they keep arriving to more and more backers, I'm sure that thread will fill up with impressions and pics.

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #7,632 of 8,051
We'll see if these posts stay, lol. I guess it is technically on topic seeing as we're discussing how they compare or will compare with the M1060. I'm looking forward to receiving my Verum and seeing how they hold up for me against my modded and stock pairs of M1060.

Yeah, as long as it's in comparison to either the M1060 or the M560 (lol) posts about the Verum 1 are on topic in this thread.

Feb 14, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #7,633 of 8,051
Hey all,

After lots of frustrations with Fostex QC across several pairs of modded Mk III headphones, at the end of it all I've decided I'm not even all that a huge a fan of them anyway. Tried HE 400i and they did nothing for me. In my quest for a well made, good sounding planar within my budget, that brings me to modded m1060s or Vernum Ones. Are there any recommendations between those two? Has anybody owned any/all of these headphones and can speak to comparisons? If the m1060s, are there functional alternatives to the vegan pads available now?

Thanks, if some of this stuff has been addressed please feel free to refer me to the post(s) (this thread is pretty large). I'm willing to pay the $350 for the Vernum Ones if they are really that good.

Feb 14, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #7,634 of 8,051
If you don't like the hassle of modding and just want them great straight out of the box then verum is probably your best bet. M1060 are like vacuum tubes as in one pair isn't the same as another. Each mod will probably differ in effect so you have tune them individually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back