1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by wordfool, Sep 13, 2016.
First

Back
499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508
510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519
Next

Last
  1. westyjeff
    I have more of this grill material if someone else wants to try it.

2. DrSchnickistein
    Looks similar to what Losodo design made although their version also had aluminum mesh sandwiched with the acoustic cloth.

3. OldDude04
    Did you remove the foam entirely and just use the speaker material? Also, you said it affected the bass. In what way?

4. westyjeff
    This was from some Definitive Technology BP2002 speakers that I modified. They were covered completely in this cloth,

5. westyjeff
    Foam was long gone, seams to add lower base, increased kick drum frequencies. Also seamed to lose a little wideness, but in a good way.

6. Shroomalistic
    I love my m1060c too. That makes total sense. I’ve got a few different cans and I always go back to the m1060c. I’m more tempted to get a non c set then to get the headband. I really want a new set to mod. I’m hoping with my tax return I can scrounge up enough to get a set and covert my c’s back to closed.

jotaku and OldDude04 like this.
  7. OldDude04
    I got a new set of planar magnetic headphones coming in from a kickstarter campaign I backed. They are on a ship somewhere between Kiev and the US for now, but they may actually dethrone the M1060 for me as value for money king and become my overall favorite if all the reviews are to be believed. They are called the Verum 1 and the kickstarter price was $299, but even after a super successful campaign he's not hiking the price to anything crazy. They're selling on his site for $350. If you're curious, I'll let you know what I think in comparison to my M1060's after I get them and spend a little time A/B'ing.

trellus and Shroomalistic like this.
  8. youngarthur
    Just to say, I have M1060, among far more expensive planers, and after around 40 hours listening, I only now use the Verum.i don't know if we are allowed to mention these on here?.

9. westyjeff

Can you post pics? I saw Z review these and at 299 I would be in, 350 and that funky headband is holding me back,,,

10. OldDude04
    We'll see if these posts stay, lol. I guess it is technically on topic seeing as we're discussing how they compare or will compare with the M1060. I'm looking forward to receiving my Verum and seeing how they hold up for me against my modded and stock pairs of M1060.

11. OldDude04
    For pics and stuff, you'd be better off making that request in the Verum 1 thread here on site. As they keep arriving to more and more backers, I'm sure that thread will fill up with impressions and pics.

12. theangelboy
    Yeah, as long as it's in comparison to either the M1060 or the M560 (lol) posts about the Verum 1 are on topic in this thread.

OldDude04 likes this.
  13. mushin1989
    Hey all,

After lots of frustrations with Fostex QC across several pairs of modded Mk III headphones, at the end of it all I've decided I'm not even all that a huge a fan of them anyway. Tried HE 400i and they did nothing for me. In my quest for a well made, good sounding planar within my budget, that brings me to modded m1060s or Vernum Ones. Are there any recommendations between those two? Has anybody owned any/all of these headphones and can speak to comparisons? If the m1060s, are there functional alternatives to the vegan pads available now?

Thanks, if some of this stuff has been addressed please feel free to refer me to the post(s) (this thread is pretty large). I'm willing to pay the $350 for the Vernum Ones if they are really that good.

14. DrSchnickistein
    If you don't like the hassle of modding and just want them great straight out of the box then verum is probably your best bet. M1060 are like vacuum tubes as in one pair isn't the same as another. Each mod will probably differ in effect so you have tune them individually.

15. atilllla
    I will wait for verum 2. It was hard not to see the m1060 ugly, but I got used to it. But this verum is too steampunk for my taste. Looks really stupid. :)

First

Back
499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508
510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519
Next

Last