Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 20, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #2,886 of 8,051
It's nothing compared to the HD 6XX rush though.

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #2,888 of 8,051

Our keyboard on monday 24... 
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #2,889 of 8,051

​Power is not everything, you should also consider the output impedance and voltage.  The original Magni was bright to me also and the Jot is also a touch on the bright side to me.  I would suggest looking at the Ember or Solstice since you already have some 12au7 tubes.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I will look into those amps, they look like they are well engineered.

As for the M1060 selling out, I don't think we have to worry too much about them selling out immediately. They made 500-ish for the first run. I wouldn't be surprised if they made 1000-2000 this run because they know they will sell. Monoprice is a mass market company after all and profit margins go up the more you make at once so it would make sense to make more this run. I just hope they stay in stock long enough to get one on Amazon from Monoprice since I have an Amazon gift card. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #2,890 of 8,051
It's nothing compared to the HD 6XX rush though.

True! LOL my order for 6XX went through by sheer luck, apparently.

I don't remember now how long it took M1060 to sell out, but it was days. Not minutes like 6XX.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #2,892 of 8,051
  I know that this sounds like a stupid question but are the Audeze "LEATHER FREE (BLACK)" pads offered by some vendors the same as the vegan pads which seem to be out of stock? 

Yes, they are the same. Here is a link:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1116989-REG/audeze_1002097_lcd_ep_lf_bl_black_leather_free_earpad.html?sts=pi

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #2,893 of 8,051
True! LOL my order for 6XX went through by sheer luck, apparently.

I don't remember now how long it took M1060 to sell out, but it was days. Not minutes like 6XX.

I lucked out with mine and got in through the first wave of emails.

The M1060 took about 2-3 days to sell out, but since they're a bit more known now it might go a bit faster.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #2,894 of 8,051
Has anyone tried the xDuoo TA-01 with the M1060? One of the Amazon reviews said it paired will with his LCD-2.2. I've been looking for a high power amp that will work well for my planars (T20-RP MK III, HE-400, and my future M1060) and TA-01 is on Massdrop right now for $120. The specs claim that it will do [COLOR=404040]2100 mW (32-ohm load) which is more powerful on paper than even the[/COLOR] Jotunheim for single ended output. It's also over twice the output power of the Vali 2. I know the M1060 is easy-ish to drive but it also seems to scale well with more power (correct me if I'm wrong). And my T20-RP is pretty hard to drive. My planars also seem to be more amp picky than my dynamics, that's why I'm asking.

I have an original Magni right now and while it has quite a bit of power, but I'm not a fan of the sound sig (light-ish on bass and emphasis on the highs which make the sibilance problems on my HE-400 and T20-RP more noticeable) so I'm thinking that maybe I should avoid Schiit if that's their "house sound" (although the Vaili 2 is mighty tempting). The other advantage of the TA-01 is that it uses one (no need to get matching pairs) [COLOR=404040]12AU7 tubes which is the same as my Bravo Audio Ocean. And since I've already done tube rolling on my Bravo I have extra tubes laying around that I can try. And I like the warmth that tubes afford. [/COLOR]But maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy a NFB-11, Jot, or ifi Micro and call it a day.

[COLOR=404040]The big caveat, however, is that most say the TA-01 isn't a real hybrid because of lack of power going into the tube, making the advantages of a tubes, in this case, negated. But if any of you have had experience with this amp, particularly in relation to M1060/planars I would be supremely grateful.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=404040]Thanks! [/COLOR]:dt880smile:  

EDIT: Also, on a partially unrelated note, have you guys seen the new black color for the Jotunheim? It looks very interesting!

I can confirm it sounded excellent with my LCD 2.2's. Also great with my he400i's with audeze vegan pads. Also great with my JH-13's and my HD650's. Very versatile amp, lot like the vali 2. Tubes do make a difference, the stock was total garbage and the golden lion I replaced it with made it fantastic. The built in dac is very nice as well. Unfortunately, this doesn't even answer your question about the monolith but I tried :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back