Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 18, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #2,851 of 8,051
  Nope.  Big nope.  I've tried most of the HM5 pads as well as some other brands and Audeze Vegan is the only worthy pad.  It makes sense though when you realize that the M1060 was based on an Audeze headphone.  

Vegans are much more manageable after sticking them to a cotton shirt about 5-10 times.  Takes some of the stickiness away but still plenty strong.  IMO, they're too strong stock unless you nail the placement the first time.  

WOW - can you get any more politically-incorrect?!  Personally, I am not offended, but vegans might...  
wink_face.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #2,852 of 8,051
Hahahahaha If you knew me, you'd know I DGAF about being politically correct.  People expect everyone to only give compliments and not rub them the wrong way.  They also want success without the hard work.  If you don't like what I say, go cry in your corner.  

This is not directed at you, just a personal opinion on society.  

Modded M1060 are practically unbeatable for movies.  Just watched Suicide Squad, silly movie but sounded great!

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #2,853 of 8,051
  Hahahahaha If you knew me, you'd know I DGAF about being politically correct.  People expect everyone to only give compliments and not rub them the wrong way.  They also want success without the hard work.  If you don't like what I say, go cry in your corner.  

Modded M1060 are practically unbeatable for movies.  Just watched Suicide Squad, silly movie but sounded great!

Buddy - I live in California. Everyone here is uber-PC... Some days it is just disgusting!  
confused_face_2.gif

BTW, if not clear to you so far - I make no effort to be PC!  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #2,854 of 8,051

Buddy - I live in California. Everyone here is uber-PC... Some days it is just disgusting!  
confused_face_2.gif

BTW, if not clear to you so far - I make no effort to be PC!  
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL I hear ya, lived in Long Beach for 2 1/2 years back when i was in the Navy.

Sorry to say, I don't much miss California.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #2,856 of 8,051

Just got done watching Rogue One the other day and it made the movie much more enjoyable i agree, fantastic for films.

Apr 18, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #2,857 of 8,051

Apr 18, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #2,858 of 8,051

PC is for weak minded, weak kneed individuals. If you can't say what you feel or think how can you have a conversation. If you disagree with what I say express yourself don't censor me.

With that said let's hope Monoprice meets their next target date and this batch has no QC issues. I am anxious to get my replacement cans.

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #2,859 of 8,051
Funny thing. I've heard far, far more people complain about "political correctness" than I have about people not being "politically correct."

TBH, 90% of the time the phrase comes up it's being said by some douchenozzle who wants to be an ******* but thinks the problem is that society isn't accommodating enough to ********.

Not accusing anyone in this thread, natch...

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #2,860 of 8,051
  Funny thing. I've heard far, far more people complain about "political correctness" than I have about people not being "politically correct."

TBH, 90% of the time the phrase comes up it's being said by some douchenozzle who wants to be an ******* but thinks the problem is that society isn't accommodating enough to ********.

Not accusing anyone in this thread, natch...

+1

Getting off topic I know, but on forums for some of my hobbies (A/V gear, headphones, movies/TV, and, most especially, gaming) I fell like I must be the only liberal.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #2,862 of 8,051
So you rub the glue/adhesive side on a cotton shirt a few times right?
Does it wash out of the shirt?

Its the same idea as if you took a regular piece of tape and stuck it to your shirt and peeled it off. A thin layer of lint gets stuck to the tape and makes it less sticky.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #2,863 of 8,051
Hey, just curious, would coloring in the paper towel/coffee filter with let's say a permanent black marker on the M1060 mod affect the sound? (Just for aesthetics.) 

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #2,864 of 8,051
Hey, just curious, would coloring in the paper towel/coffee filter with let's say a permanent black marker on the M1060 mod affect the sound? (Just for aesthetics.) 

I would imagine yes because the ink will change the fibers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back