Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 28, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #1,131 of 8,051
  Absolutely. Called my CC company and they confirmed they would double it. 10 year warranty sounds mighty fine to me.

That's awesome/crazy! What AMEX do you have? My credit cards will extend a warranty 1-3 years but not to exceed 5 years from original purchase date. In this case the extension won't do anything for me since it's already at 5 years except that I can appeal to the CC company should the vendor claim the product defect is due to wear and tear (some cards will cover this, many don't).

These extended warranties often require that that you keep a copy of original:
  1. Receipt of purchase showing the credit card
  2. Credit card statement that shows the purchase
  3. Warranty statement from the manufacturer 

In addition, if you are ever 30+ days late paying the card statement that includes the warranted item you risk voiding the extended warranty entirely. It's not a bad idea, of course, to always pay your cards off each month but for those that don't or can't, I recommend asking your CC company if you can apply extra funds to the specific purchase so you can be sure to pay that off early to limit this risk.

One more note. If you close the account prior to the conclusion of the warranted period, you're also likely ending the warranty. 

Nerdwallet has a great walk-through of how these credit card warranties work. 

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #1,132 of 8,051
  Absolutely. Called my CC company and they confirmed they would double it. 10 year warranty sounds mighty fine to me.

Which card if you don't mind me asking? Because even Chase's high $450 annual fee Sapphire Reserve only gives you one more year and thats if the original warranty is LESS than 3 years.

Extended Warranty Protection extends the time period of the original manufacturer’s written U.S. repair warranty by one (1) additional year on eligible warranties of three (3) years or less, up to a maximum of ten thousand ($10,000.00) dollars per claim, and a fifty thousand ($50,000.00) dollars maximum per Account. 

I know AMEX is the same way. Only reason why I ask is because I definitely want to get the card you have if they give you an additional 5!

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #1,134 of 8,051
  The website shows 5 years warranty now...

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=16050

blink.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #1,136 of 8,051
Now hopefully it stays and they don't flip it around again. I glad that they bought it back. I guess there was enough people standing at the gate with their pitch forks and torches ready to rush in.

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #1,138 of 8,051
I just checked as well and it shows 5 years.  I printed out a copy of my order, and the webpage for reference should there ever be an issue.  

Thank you Monoprice for doing the right thing.

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #1,139 of 8,051
We, at Monoprice, wanted to issue an apology regarding the recent website error that had occurred around our Monolith M1060 Planar Headphones. As many of you may have noticed the warranty period for these headphones changed from a 5 year warranty to a 1 year warranty on our site.  This was systemic error with our website, which we have since corrected.  Rest assure the 5 year warranty is and will continue to be offered with this product. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused you, our customers.  Thank you for your continued business and support!

Sincerely,

Monoprice.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back