Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 28, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #1,096 of 8,051
THEY WILL HONOR 5 YEAR, I just got a call back!!

Great....Happy Happy,

BUT....Does anyone have a copy of the warranty...what's in the small print?

Many warranties do not cover physical misuse or "wear and tear"  Both Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser worldwide warranties specifically exclude:

1. "Faults resulting from improper use (e.g. operating errors, mechanical damage....and "faults due to wear and tear." 
  4. I am now pretty confident Monoprice will honor the 5 year warranty (to do otherwise would not be legal).  
  6. However, most companies may consider a physically broken connector that shows up after 2 years to be the result of rough mishandling.    If it is indeed a weak spot (poor manufacturing choice) hopefully they would cover it even though it is technically physical damage.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #1,097 of 8,051
I submitted a request to customer service asking if the 5 year warranty will be honored, I'll update the thread with the results. I imagine us first batchers will get what was advertised at the time of purchase.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #1,098 of 8,051
  They could always go by invoice date. If they honor the warranty before today I don't see an issue.

Monoprice has done revisions on their guitars too, so maybe the 1060 gets revised later on. It may have paid to have been an early adopter in this case.

I think the only issue I can see, Is the PITA that it would be to prove it to those reps that are not aware of the situation....
Is better to have it on their page or even posted here by a Monoprice rep that they will honor it.
To my it seems like a case by case deal.... I hope somebody from Monoprice speaks up.

But in all honesty those are grate news and is a step forward!

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,100 of 8,051
I've tried 4 times now to initiate a customer service chat at Monoprice and in all 4 cases it times out with no one available. Either they're buried or are hiding...

As far as why anyone would email/chat/call customer service directly when someone else has gotten an answer, I want documentation of my own, not some anecdotal "some anonymous guy on an Interwebz message board said you would honor the 5 year warranty."

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #1,101 of 8,051
  -snip-

As far as why anyone would email/chat/call customer service directly when someone else has gotten an answer, I want documentation of my own, not some anecdotal "some anonymous guy on an Interwebz message board said you would honor the 5 year warranty."

This x1000. If you bought these headphones, do yourself a favor and please contact Monoprice to get a confirmation for your individual case. I prefer email / chat because you'll then have the response in writing.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #1,102 of 8,051
I've tried 4 times now to initiate a customer service chat at Monoprice and in all 4 cases it times out with no one available. Either they're buried or are hiding...

Yea I couldn't get through the live chat, I had to call. Wait on hold for 20 mins, tell lady the situation, put on hold again, she came back and asked for proof, I asked to talk to a manager. I got called back about an hour later by the it department saying they would honor it.

I didn't say why would anyone want to, I said that I already did that. Cuz I did. I completely understand wanting to verify for yourself tho. I made sure to ask if it was an acception just because I called, and was told it would be for anyone who purchased during the first batch. Still I'd recommend contacting yourself for peace of mind. It would be cool if we could get it in writing. I didn't think to ask for that.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,103 of 8,051
This is a joke...

Thank you for choosing chat support.
If you would like to receive a transcript via email, please enter your email address below.

Didn't even get to talk to any one. 

This is the problem!

Edit:

I finally got in and got the following chat:

Price will be honored.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #1,108 of 8,051

Since they changed their website, I sure would like to get something in the mail regarding this warranty rather than having to prove it with the old website information. How do I prove mine was purchased BEFORE they started rowing back upstream?

I would contact support.  I think the biggest thing you want is for them to note it on the order.  I also like having the e-mail response in case I need it for backup.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #1,109 of 8,051

Since they changed their website, I sure would like to get something in the mail regarding this warranty rather than having to prove it with the old website information. How do I prove mine was purchased BEFORE they started rowing back upstream?

Read my post a few post back.
On the attachment they state that they will honor it via order number as well.

Quick answer: Order #

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #1,110 of 8,051
Looking forward the next logical 90 days warranty term change
center]

but truth is the MMCX connectors will have to go so this would void warranty anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back