Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 28, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #1,142 of 8,051
  We, at Monoprice, wanted to issue an apology regarding the recent website error that had occurred around our Monolith M1060 Planar Headphones. As many of you may have noticed the warranty period for these headphones changed from a 5 year warranty to a 1 year warranty on our site.  This was systemic error with our website, which we have since corrected.  Rest assure the 5 year warranty is and will continue to be offered with this product. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused you, our customers.  Thank you for your continued business and support!

Sincerely,

Monoprice.com

Thanks for doing the right thing. 

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #1,143 of 8,051
  We, at Monoprice, wanted to issue an apology regarding the recent website error that had occurred around our Monolith M1060 Planar Headphones. As many of you may have noticed the warranty period for these headphones changed from a 5 year warranty to a 1 year warranty on our site.  This was systemic error with our website, which we have since corrected.  Rest assure the 5 year warranty is and will continue to be offered with this product. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused you, our customers.  Thank you for your continued business and support!

Sincerely,

Monoprice.com

Thank you Monoprice for coming up here and clearing things out.

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #1,144 of 8,051
Went to the P.O. and picked mine up early. I just popped them on. My brain & the headphones aren't burned in yet. Here are some initial impressions. First, and most importantly, they do smell good! I hope they market that smell in spray bottles for use later. I have never received a product that didn't have some kind of warranty information. Usually there are some kind of exclusions like can the cheese grater plates be used commercially or if I'm hit by lightning, are my headphones covered? I'm not crazy about the connections on either end but will live with it for the price. I'm getting older than dirt so my hearing is not near where it used to be. So please take this as an opinion only. The only way to determine if these are good sounding is to listen to them with YOUR ears, your music, your setup & how you perceive the sound. I have two test discs; one is Priscilla Ahn, "This is Where We Are" and the "Monkees Best of". Guess that dates me. In particular, I use "Daydream Believer" which has an alarm clock early on. My early production & late production Sextetts, and Grado SR225i reproduce the alarm accurately. My K712's sounded like a deranged woodpecker. The 400i & EL-8's barely reproduced the ringing. I could barely hear the alarm with the M1060. I do not consider this to be a big deal because all of the aforementioned headphones are very good. Next up is Priscilla Ahn. The album I use has some serious bass and of course, a female voice. I immediately liked the bass better than all of my other headphones. I am not a bass head. Most of the stuff I listen to is acoustic and recorded in the 60's-70's-80's. The midrange is very nice. I think it is just as nice as my Sextetts; not quite on par with Grado but you don't pay the price of the sometimes painful Grado highs.  Overall impression: I'm good with these. They don't have the coloration (warm sound) that the 400i's & EL-8's had. I wish they were made in the USA but it seems everybody is moving production to an Asian country. AKG did some time ago.
 I hope they stop screwing around with the warranty as these are not proven headphones as of yet. I am flattered they chose me as a guinea pig after paying only $309.00 but.....
 I saw the Monoprice clarification posted here. That was a good move on their part but I'm suspicious; will they have another technical error down the road? Come on Monoprice, mail out the warranty details to us. AARP spends thousands every year mailing me crap. You can do it for 500 customers!

Equipment used is a Tascam CD-01U CD player run through a 1972 Sansui 555a 25 watt amplifier. The Sansui's had a tube sound up to about 1974.

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #1,145 of 8,051
I printed out a date and time stamped copy of the webpage along with a date a time stamped copy of my order.  This should be enough proof if the need arises but I don't foresee needing it.  A warranty card WOULD be a nice touch.

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #1,146 of 8,051
Wait guys, is that monoprice poster a legit represntative of monoprice?

Doesn't it usually say "member of the trade" or something next to the name to show its legit?

I noticed that is the ONLY post from that individual.

Not to start something but is it possible that's not a real monoprice rep?

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #1,149 of 8,051
Well, it does matter for getting the info right. Earlier when I talked to a rep from their company he said if it was purchased after today, it would not get a 5 year and only a one year warranty. That was from speaking with someone on their website.

Although I think it is a sincere post... just sayinn

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #1,151 of 8,051
  Wait guys, is that monoprice poster a legit represntative of monoprice?

Doesn't it usually say "member of the trade" or something next to the name to show its legit?

I noticed that is the ONLY post from that individual.

Not to start something but is it possible that's not a real monoprice rep?

That caught my eye too. Also, note the date he became a member. I fired off an email to Monoprice about the warranty. Now the wait begins.

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #1,152 of 8,051

That caught my eye too. Also, note the date he became a member. I fired off an email to Monoprice about the warranty. Now the wait begins.

Except, the website reflects the change. Do the people in this thread really think someone made a phony Monoprice rep account just to reassure people about a change that was already corrected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back