Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Sep 26, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #5,746 of 8,051
Here's Version 4 of the fazors:
100mm Mounting Ring
106mm Mounting Ring
V4 Fazor base

Modified to work with HiFiMAN mounting rings. There is a 100mm mounting ring that can be used to mount Brainwavz or similar pads if desired. Or you can use the standard 106mm ring to fit flush with stock or Audeze pads. Uses much less material than the previous version but not quite as sturdy. Can print an entire 100mm or 106mm set in one job with a Anet A8.

@PockyG thank you for your continuing work to upupdate and improve your fazor design!

Is there any sonic difference between v4 and previous? Or the grate part is still the same? And is this the “easier to print” version you mentioned in your last post?

Sep 26, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #5,749 of 8,051
@PockyG thank you for your continuing work to upupdate and improve your fazor design!

Is there any sonic difference between v4 and previous? Or the grate part is still the same? And is this the “easier to print” version you mentioned in your last post?
The fazors themselves haven't changed, It was the surrounding area that were changed up since the older versions were sturdier but also didn't leave much room for pad rings to mount into.

These are the easier versions since I can print one set in one job as opposed to 2 or more jobs. This in combination of being able to print 5 sets of rear fazors in one job makes life easier for me. I'll continue to create resins but this will just help fill in requests faster.

404'd. Probably didn't click publish I suppose!
lol you're right. Published.

@PockyG

those mounting rings are an amazing Idea, how are the resin models coming? do you think you will be able to get the same quality as your 3D printed model you showed earlier.
Thanks. They're going a bit slower as the weekday rolls in and trying to figure out ways to reduce the amount of sanding after casting. The casts are coming out nicely but I'm still trying to figure some stuff out like shrinkage.

@SomeTechNoob has offered to fill in some orders, so if you're not in the initial group, I'd suggest maybe shooting him/her a PM to get one quicker. All of my designs are over here if you want something in particular: https://www.thingiverse.com/PockyG/designs

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #5,750 of 8,051
So is there a generally agreed upon way to get the ringing down to tolerable levels with the m1060? I've seen some measurements for the various mods and most of them don't seem to do much for that massive orthowall. I wanted to buy these because I enjoy modding and EQ but those CSDs are scary looking

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #5,752 of 8,051
Status: ORDERS CLOSED FOR NOW. 3D PRINTER WANTS TO GIVE UP THE GHOST.

@SomeTechNoob has offered to fill in some orders, so if you're not in the initial group, I'd suggest maybe shooting him/her a PM to get one quicker. All of my designs are over here if you want something in particular: https://www.thingiverse.com/PockyG/designs

Alright folks, I've run the majority of PockyG's models through my cost calculator.

All parts will be printed in black PLA plastic unless notified otherwise.

Send me a PM here on Head-Fi if you'd like to purchase something!

KITS
[$3.00/kit] [KIT A]
- [1 Pair] M1060_Rear_Fazor_V2
- [1 Pair] M1060_Fazor_Pad_v3

Here are the prices for single items if you would like additional parts or want to mix and match:

FAZORS/MOUNTING
- [$0.75/ea] M1060_Rear_Fazor_V2
- [$1.25/ea] M1060_Fazor_Pad_v3
- [$0.75/ea] M1060_Fazor_Top_100mm_V4.1
- [$1.00/ea] M1060_Fazor_Pad_V4.1

GRILLS
- [$1.00/ea] M1060_grille-B
- [$0.50/ea] M1060_Grill_1.5mm_thickness (Please Specify "Lines" or "No Lines")
- [$1.00/ea] M1060_Grill_v2 (Please Specify "Lines" or "No Lines")
- [$1.00/ea] stn_grill_r2 (M1060C ONLY)

Looking for something else not listed? Feel free to send me a PM.

Shipping
Shipping within the contiguous US is a flat $6. Otherwise, let me know your postal code for a shipping estimate.

Invoice/Seller Protection & International Shipping
If you are international or want an invoice with seller protection, there's a 7% fee due to PayPal fees. Be aware that international shipping will likely be more expensive than the item itself. I will generally ask for Friends & Family payment for the folks in the US unless they request an invoice.

Tips always appreciated. And remember to thank PockyG and VRacer for their designs. All parts are made to order so bear with me as I will do my best to get them out as soon as possible. Expected shipping times are around 5-7 days after receiving payment.

----------------

Legacy Items, NOT RECOMMENDED

------------------

UPDATED 2018/6/6

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #5,757 of 8,051
Sep 27, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #5,759 of 8,051
Does anyone plan on measuring them? And comparing fuzzor vs fazor?

@PockyG - Please. I checked that you had done some rough calculations. Can you do a final calculation and also provide us with a CSD. Pleeeeeese. :D
https://imgur.com/a/6As5R These were for my own reference and not very accurate since I was just using a sloppy method of simply recording a frequency sweep on a phone. I don't have the know how to record a CSD waterfall plot. Sorry!

How do you attach the real fazor mods, seems like very little room on each side?
Make sure to use the V2 version of the rear fazor, they fit just fine. The mods I used were attached using double sided tape. Glue stick works as well too but it's a little messier. Just as a heads up to those planning on using the rear fazor is the stock foam won't fit with them on. I'm using some speaker cloth glued to the grills to protect the diaphragm.

Sep 27, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #5,760 of 8,051
How do the fazor's sound to you guys that have fitted them?

I am in the UK so will not get to buy into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back