Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 22, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #452 of 8,051
Question for people who has done this kinda thing or just returned anything to MP

I want to buy the 560 and the 1060, and return the one I like less and keep the one I like more.

What would you suggest the best way to go about this would be?

How favorable is the return policy from monoprice compared to like JET/Amazon for this kind of thing :) I also want to not screw anyone up business-wise, but I also have been waiting for these 5ever.

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #454 of 8,051
That user review was on the Monolith site for awhile. Sorry but I'm skeptical. I fired off an email asking how can one person get these while the rest of the world waits?? I cannot help but think that this person is an employee or??? I'll wait for Head-fier reviews or just jump in and do my own review!

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #456 of 8,051
  That user review was on the Monolith site for awhile. Sorry but I'm skeptical. I fired off an email asking how can one person get these while the rest of the world waits?? I cannot help but think that this person is an employee or??? I'll wait for Head-fier reviews or just jump in and do my own review!

The bottom of the review states:

"*Monoprice invites the most trusted reviewers to post opinions about new and pre-release items to help their fellow customers make informed purchase decisions."

I tend to believe that he is a repeat customer, and Monoprice chose him (through some Lottery-like witchcraft voodoo) to specifically do a pre-release review.

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #457 of 8,051
They are well aware of the forum OCD'ed ortho heads who desperately crave a knock-off with a small pricetag, they have stolen the Audioquest Dragonfly design and are certainly out to get Hifiman & Audeze too.......of course we would never buy those chinese cheapies ourselves on taobao or so due to poor reliability and possible copyright infringements but they are providing a 5y warranty so we shall see
popcorn.gif

Latest Hifiman phone costs 6K IIRC, those guys need an alarm call back to reality pretty badly.....especially when much like A-GD & Audeze they constantly release new revs that kill resale value.

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #459 of 8,051
  So what's the verdict? This going to happen today? We taking bets?

It better. I should have been in bed 2 1/2 hours ago, trying to stay up just for this.

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #460 of 8,051
  It better. I should have been in bed 2 1/2 hours ago, trying to stay up just for this.

Obsessing isn't going to help.  Get some sleep, wake up and see if they're for sale.  It'll happen when it happens, and nobody knows when that will actually occur.

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #461 of 8,051

Obsessing isn't going to help.  Get some sleep, wake up and see if they're for sale.  It'll happen when it happens, and nobody knows when that will actually occur.

Yup, going to run an errand and check one last time when I get home.....then go to bed! 

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #462 of 8,051
 I like to read all reviews. I highly doubt Monolith would post anything negative to kick start sales. I would like to see more reviews from Head-fiers. Ultimately, the bottom line on judging any audio product are your own ears. Aw heck, I'm not waiting. For $300.00, I'm jumping on the bandwagon!
L3000.gif

Thanks for the informative reply.

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #463 of 8,051
I feel like a kid again, I'm sitting here on the store page hitting refresh every few minutes.

I don't even understand why I'm so excited. Or so obsessed. It's not like M1060's are Beyonce tickets, and they are going to sell out in 22 seconds... I hope?

Anyway. I'll post here once I figure out that they are officially live!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back