Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 23, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #481 of 8,051
 Ordered mine too. I just hope there aren't any bugs to be worked out yet.
beerchug.gif

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #484 of 8,051
Got mine ordered with a Order confirmation sent to my email. I JUST recieved another email saying this "Due to limited supply, all stock is sold on a first-come first-serve basis. Auto Notification does not guarantee either availability or its price. All prices are subject to change without notice."

Man I better get mine!

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #485 of 8,051
  Got mine ordered with a Order confirmation sent to my email. I JUST recieved another email saying this "Due to limited supply, all stock is sold on a first-come first-serve basis. Auto Notification does not guarantee either availability or its price. All prices are subject to change without notice."

Man I better get mine!

Same here ,, did you ask for notification while it was out of stock ?
i think this is the notification but came late after we ordered

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #486 of 8,051

If the M-1060 has decent quality & sound, I can't help but wonder if HIFiMan & Audeze  will lower their prices to compete. About a month ago I bought a pair of new EL-8's and promptly returned them. The sound was very good but too colored for my taste. The deal breaker was the headband clip that they had an issue with early on. It was cracked! There isn't any stress in that area so I am assuming it may be a curing problem. This is an issue that should have been resolved way back down the road; especially at the price charged for the headphones. I'm not returning to Audeze. I tried the 400i too. At $260.00 (Black Friday), it was a bargain. However, I liked the mid-range on my late & early production Sextetts better. There is nothing wrong with the above mentioned headphones. I just prefer headphones that are closer to the Grado or Sextett sound reproduction. By design, I doubt any planer can duplicate the grado sound. I'm hoping for (M-1060) clear mids & nice highs. Good bass would be a plus too. I can live with & sometimes prefer some coloration or warmer sound.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #488 of 8,051
Gosh, I almost did it.  Was 'in cart' but.... I just couldn't.  

Not a huge fan of the M560 that is still in my collection.  I find it okay for general purpose/non critical listening, but, I just never could get past its forward tilt.  Even with a fairly lush tube amp.  

So, I think I am going to wait on these.  See how the reviews go.  

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #489 of 8,051
I just ordered a pair too.  I really can't even begin to justify buying these but my curiosity has gotten the best of me.

Before I ordered I tried to add 500 of these to my cart and it came back with 420 as the maximum inventory.

I now just tried to add 500 again and it is now saying 391 is the total available  So almost 30 have been sold in about 30 minutes.

They appear to have several pairs available but the supply is dwindling at a steady pace.  You may not want to wait around too long if you want a pair of this first batch.

Now the wait for delivery as I decided it was not worth paying what they were asking for fast shipping.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #490 of 8,051
Got mine ordered. I didn't like the idea of the m560. It's hard to really get good tuning on a can that's closed or open. Same goes for "variable bass" cans that have changeable porting. The m1060 seems to be their real release of note. Hoping for the 100+mm driver bass at $300. I also like the comment that the m1060 is not as heavy(SQ wise) as the LCD-2.

Either way, a very interesting can. The m560 seemed like a fun modders can for people into modding t50s and the like or maybe an slight jab at the PM3 and Sine. The m1060 is the blatant attack on the large driver planar market.

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #492 of 8,051

If the M-1060 has decent quality & sound, I can't help but wonder if HIFiMan & Audeze  will lower their prices to compete. 

If these are as good as the reviewer on their site claims, I would be messing my shorts if I was Audeze or Hifiman. TBH it really doesn't matter for me, the factory tour video Audeze did lost my business for them and Hifiman has done the same with the Edition 6 and the 3 bad 400i's I have gotten. I just hope these are good so there is a new planar to take their places. Mr. Speakers is good, but has always been overpriced IMO.

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #495 of 8,051
just jumped on this bandwagon. we'll see how this goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back