Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions
Dec 25, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #931 of 1,409
did some mods to the m1060c and really digging them. Opened them up and fixed the soundstage. Bought some dekoni pads but they are just a bit big. anyone know a pad that actually fits the m1060c?

What issue do you find with the earpads to want to change them ?

Dec 25, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #932 of 1,409
What issue do you find with the earpads to want to change them ?
They are worn out and when i wear them i end up with black dots on my head as the pleather flakes off.

Dec 25, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #933 of 1,409
Dec 27, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #934 of 1,409
Made some fun stuff for the M1060c
Pad adapters work great but need some fine tuning, just need longer screws. No more ruined pads and easy pad rolling
https://www.thingiverse.com/Shroomalistic/designs

Wife bought me white filament to go with the MP Select Mini Pro so I havent made any grills that im actually gonna use yet. But I figured I can test print everything in white and if it works good, do them in black and wood.

Dec 27, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #935 of 1,409
Nice, now I'm going to use the pad adapter for upcoming Ali memoryfoam lambskin pads. Other grille designs would be nice too, I would defitinely try out for fun.

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #936 of 1,409
Made some fun stuff for the M1060c
Pad adapters work great but need some fine tuning, just need longer screws. No more ruined pads and easy pad rolling
https://www.thingiverse.com/Shroomalistic/designs

Wife bought me white filament to go with the MP Select Mini Pro so I havent made any grills that im actually gonna use yet. But I figured I can test print everything in white and if it works good, do them in black and wood.
Weird. How do the pad adapters work? I have the Dekoni LCD pads and can't figure out how this would help. They just stick to the driver casing. How would this adapter be any different?

Dec 27, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #937 of 1,409
Its a version of drchnickistein's pad adapter. I made it a little thicker and shorter legs for stability.
Its made to use with pads that have a lip. I destroyed my favorite eikon suede pads cause they were stuck to the drivers and it pissed me off. So I hunted down some designs and modified them to work to my needs. So now I dont have to use the adhesive style pads with my cans anymore. The four screws you see in the picture are part of the driver, they dont seem to have a real purpose from what I can tell so I swapped them out with longer ones. m2.5mm x 16mm long and used the existing nuts that came with the m1060c. Cool thing is you can always revert it back to stock form if needed.

IMG_0948.JPG IMG_0949.JPG

Dec 27, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #938 of 1,409
These dont really look like monolith headphones anymore
IMG_0950.JPG

Dec 27, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #939 of 1,409
These dont really look like monolith headphones anymore

Looking good! I affectionately call mine Frankenphones, or ModFiMan M1060's, lol. The only parts on mine that are still stock are the wood and the drivers, everything else is modded.

Dec 28, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #941 of 1,409
Dec 29, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #942 of 1,409
Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #943 of 1,409
Anyone got any idea of a planar IEM that is similar to 1060C ...iSine20 etc ?

Jan 5, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #944 of 1,409
KiMkOMp.jpg

v0BwJRj.jpg

xluQDru.jpg

PwgRz9o.jpg

pKqQKc2.jpg

dwAt1SF.jpg

og5lNF6.jpg

There's a lot of pics but I wanted to show the Ali pads, outside fazors and the inside with the Shroomalistic's pad holders and I modded one 'full size pad holder fazor adapter' thing to fit just a good fazor to inside and sealed it with hot glue. I also have few dings and got one inside the cup edge and wanted to cover it with some vinyl. I really liked just flat black and wood but wanted to try carbon fiber. Idk, it looks a bit like a toy but fine for now. I'll go flat black next time.

I'm not sure did this mod and pads change the sound quality. I didn't listen them before modding, did it after work, but I noticed when playing R6S that it might have some change on soundstage as I was a bit confused first. It may be a bit bigger, as you could expect for a change I think. But still, they sound good and detailed with nice soundstage and stiff bass. The pads are defitinely lambskin and a bit faster memoryfoam than my WH1000-XM3. Quality on those are very good, and for price of 19$ with 3$ discount I don't think you can get better deal. It would be interesting to have comprasion against something more expensive as these are really really good.:) Originals are really good too IMO, I was interested for the price but now I understand why these are much better. Glad I did order them.

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #945 of 1,409
sick mods shroom. I also got the ali pads cause mine were starting to peel a bit, also don't really notice a difference in sound. I did remove the fabric back on my pads since I still have the stock fabric over my drivers.

these pads might actually have a tad more bass than stock. may have to do with the slightly smaller ear..squares, materials or slightly less deep pads. yea im actually fairly certain the subbass goes up a bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back