Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
May 28, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #813 of 1,323
May 28, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #814 of 1,323
Pulled the trigger on the MK3 single ended with protein pads and deerskin strap.This will be my first legit pair of headphones and I could not be more excited, as from what I've read they're amazing for electronic music, gaming, and movies. I just received my magni heresy and am looking at getting a Modi 3 in the next few weeks as well..

My question is, I'd really like to ""future proof" the argons in case I upgrade my amp down the road. If I get them balanced, can I still use them with my heresy using an adapter of sorts?
From what I've read balanced does make a slight difference given the right amp. I don't mind paying slightly extra just to have that option down the road.

May 28, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #815 of 1,323
Pulled the trigger on the MK3 single ended with protein pads and deerskin strap.This will be my first legit pair of headphones and I could not be more excited, as from what I've read they're amazing for electronic music, gaming, and movies. I just received my magni heresy and am looking at getting a Modi 3 in the next few weeks as well..

My question is, I'd really like to ""future proof" the argons in case I upgrade my amp down the road. If I get them balanced, can I still use them with my heresy using an adapter of sorts?
From what I've read balanced does make a slight difference given the right amp. I don't mind paying slightly extra just to have that option down the road.

You can just use a regular single ended cable with the balanced Argons if you want. There's no reason not to get them balanced.

May 28, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #820 of 1,323
Pics or it didn't happen :D

hahhha here is a picture!

CF8538A4-0CCF-481E-AF24-7B9354A95328.jpeg

May 28, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #821 of 1,323
I just received notice shipping of my Argon today. I sent it in 2/27/20, about 13 weeks for MK2, expecting arrive this Saturday or next Monday. Just be patient.

I'm about a month in..trying to take my mind off them but its so hard! Also, looks like the lead time was increased to 14 weeks..!

Jun 9, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #824 of 1,323
This is my posse, TRP series. Received my Argon TXO / MK2 on 5/30/20. I did not realize that i already had an Argon headphones on my hand. I have tinkered my TXO for over 3 years and was surprise how similar they are. Asking my 18 years old son and 21 years old nephew to verify and A/B them, and they concluded that the headphones sound the same.
I have converted the Argon to balanced by my self, and built a cable for it.View attachment DSC_0003.JPGView attachment DSC_0002 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #825 of 1,323
This is my posse, TRP series. Received my Argon TXO / MK2 on 5/30/20. I did not realize that i already had a Argon headphones on my hand. I have tinkered my TXO for over 3 years and was surprise how similar they are. Asking my 18 years old son and 21 years old nephew to verify and A/B them, and they concluded that the headphones sound the same.
I have converted the Argon to balanced by my self, and built a cable for it.
I would like to hear your take on the difference between the Alpha Dogs and the Argons once you get the chance. I read on other sites saying the Alpha Dogs are neutral whereas the Argons are more warm sounding with probably lower detail retrieval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back