Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Apr 3, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #1,322 of 1,323
In case anyone reading this thread is like me and is wondering whether to get the Xenon pads for their T60 Argons that currently have ZMF pads - I really dislike what the baffles did to the sound. Everything became muffled and blunted to the point where I would choose other headphones. I was really disappointed for a couple days after installing the Xenons, but then I took the baffles out and everything was back to the way it sounded before. The pads do give a better bass and soundstage as advertised and that part is great, but avoid the baffles at all costs imo. If your pair had Xenons installed when you got them, try removing the baffles!
Seems like the T60rp argon was designed for ZMF pads, but when they commissioned the Xenon pads, it made a big difference, but I don't know if he modded the actual headphones to work better with the new pads. You seem to feel that the new pads on the zmf version of the argon is poor without adjusting baffles.... There is a video here where the guy mentions the difference here:

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #1,323 of 1,323
I haven’t used my Argon MK2 in years on my main setup, but I plugged them into my Schiit Mjolnir 3 tonight out of curiosity. They sound incredible on this amp! I’ve also got a Yggdrasil A2 now, so my setup is exponentially better than the last time I used these headphones. I just had no idea they’d scale so well. To my utter disbelief, they totally hold their own with my ZMF Atrium Closed and Meze Elite.
Scaling isn't real. The reason it sounds good is because the amp performs as it was engineered to, and the headphone plays in spec like it's supposed to. You just have good equipment, nothing to do with being better on the Schiit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back