Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Jan 18, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #1,291 of 1,323
That shows the baffle inserts that come with the pads. That is indeed one part of the mods.
I'm going to send mine in and have it done. I'll take them apart when I get them back and post some pics.
Still waiting to get them back. It's been about 7 weeks now. Have tried twice to check on the order. ZERO response. They don't seem to have a published phone number either. Everything thru email. I have my fingers crossed.

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #1,292 of 1,323
Still waiting to get them back. It's been about 7 weeks now. Have tried twice to check on the order. ZERO response. They don't seem to have a published phone number either. Everything thru email. I have my fingers crossed.
From what I've read on here I've heard good things about the guy who does the mods, in terms of quality and responsiveness to problems/issues, but less good responses to enquiries. I guess he is snowed under. I did message on his website, will see if there is a response. Even so you are in the US so it should be a lot easier....

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:30 AM Post #1,293 of 1,323
I think interested in Argonizing my T60rp. I am in the UK. Does anyone have any advice please on what international customers have done (especially UK) to send their headpones to the States to the Argon Gentleman (that sounds like a Victorian Superhero, lol). I guess that the scummy authorities will try and charge customs taxes both on export, and reimport, even though you could technically argue they are being sent for a "repair", and are used headphones and nowhere near their "new" value.

Can anyone advise me if they know anything about the costs or processes for this? I might also be able to travel them to the states and mail them from there, but it's not super convenient, but possible. thanks.
Lots of variable. One possibly is to buy a complete Argon from ModHouse and selling your current pair locally to make up some of the difference. Just a thought!

I really like my Argon T60rp. Super comfortable with the lambskin pads and sound great for the money.

Jan 18, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #1,294 of 1,323
Yeah, in my experience, Mr. Modhouse isn't very good at responding to e-mails. But he did do good work and did deliver by his given deadline. So I guess it's a case of "no news is good news."

Jan 18, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #1,295 of 1,323
Ryan is also really busy building and fulfilling orders for his Tungsten headphones. He will deliver but it takes time. I wouldn’t worry. He is reputable.

Jan 21, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #1,296 of 1,323
sorry if this has been asked before but following the Argon mods does the t60rp become closed as opposed to its original semi-open design?

Feb 1, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #1,297 of 1,323
I just put in an order for modding my T60rps with Modhouse audio. I assume Ryan will be in touch with mailing instructions.I also guess the wait is going to be about 6 months at this point. Haha, did anyone else get theirs yet?

Feb 1, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #1,298 of 1,323
I just put in an order for modding my T60rps with Modhouse audio. I assume Ryan will be in touch with mailing instructions.I also guess the wait is going to be about 6 months at this point. Haha, did anyone else get theirs yet?
The web site said 8-10 weeks when I ordered. I am on week 9 and no one from Modhouse will even answer an email. Please don't make excuses for them about how busy they are. I bet if I were ordering a pair of Tungsten headphones, Ryan would be happy to return my email. Simply crap customer service.

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #1,299 of 1,323
The web site said 8-10 weeks when I ordered. I am on week 9 and no one from Modhouse will even answer an email. Please don't make excuses for them about how busy they are. I bet if I were ordering a pair of Tungsten headphones, Ryan would be happy to return my email. Simply crap customer service.
Huh. Well I will actually need a reply with details of how I can send the headphones. I don't mind if it takes months, as long as I know it's going to be months. But I need to know soon so I can actually mail them. I sent the dude 210 dollars, I'd expect at least an email. I did buy PayPal so if he doesn't respond I can just get a refund.

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #1,300 of 1,323
Modhouse is literally a one-man operation. And that one man is probably just a hobbyist with a full-time job besides. The less time he spends writing e-mails about how "Yes, everything is on time" and "No, I haven't forgotten," the more time he spends actually doing the work.

Feb 1, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #1,301 of 1,323
Modhouse is literally a one-man operation. And that one man is probably just a hobbyist with a full-time job besides. The less time he spends writing e-mails about how "Yes, everything is on time" and "No, I haven't forgotten," the more time he spends actually doing the work.
You have absolutely no clue what I asked of Ryan.
A person that has paid for a service is entitled to be able to ask a question and expect to receive an answer. That's how business is done.
Send me your money and you'll get your crap when we feel like sending it is not a good way to do business.

Feb 2, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #1,302 of 1,323
You have absolutely no clue what I asked of Ryan.
A person that has paid for a service is entitled to be able to ask a question and expect to receive an answer. That's how business is done.
Send me your money and you'll get your crap when we feel like sending it is not a good way to do business.
I completely agree. Responding to customer enquiries is a part of business. He should slow down production and spend 20 minutes a day replying to emails. Even a copy and pasted response would be better. According to zeos he is producing up to 30 tungstens a month.

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #1,305 of 1,323
I purchased the T60 Argons, and his wife was handling customer service inquiries. Wonder what's going on. But i wouldn't worry, he is very reputable.
Me too. A lady replied to me also which I assume then is Ryan's wife. I believe an 8-10 week lead time was quoted. To be honest I suspect the mod is extremely easy, as it is the research and testing that is hard. If the mod parts are produced in bulk I suspect anybody could be shown how to do it in a very short period of time and could crank out a large number in a short period.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back