Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Mar 6, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #781 of 1,323
Just got my Argons MK3 today, ordered mid November.

I really liked them, detail and sound stage are stunning. The bass is a bit to much in quantity for my taste. I tried the ZMF lambskin as suggested on the mod house page but the bass just start to bleed in the midrange and didn't reduce in quantity.

Did anybody experimented with other pads?

Mar 6, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #782 of 1,323
^^
Try ZMF suede pads. Suede perforated pads works the best when it comes to taming down the bass.

Mar 17, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #784 of 1,323
I just picked up a set of T60RP’s with the factory pads, they really sound fantastic and look great, coming from a set of Meze 99’s he400i’s and T50rp these maybe my endgame.

Mar 22, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #786 of 1,323
^^
Try ZMF suede pads. Suede perforated pads works the best when it comes to taming down the bass.

I just got the ZMF oval suede pads and what can I say, they did the trick! The bass spikes are smoothed out and they are super comfy, Im supper happy! On a side note these headphones are an amazing deal! I also have the Ether CX, DT177X and the Bayerdynamit T5p and the Argons can easily challenge them all to a point where its not about sound quality anymore just preference.

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #787 of 1,323
Anyone run a tube amp with Argon's and if so, how did it go?

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #790 of 1,323
I've now had my T60RP Aragon's with stock pads for about 2 weeks and feel comfortable writing a bit what I think of them, and how they have preformed.

First so everyone knows where I am coming from, the can's I have owned are he400i's, meze 99cs. T50RP's (my own mods) as well as various iem's. I really haven't tried many hi-end can's and most of my stuff has been mid-fi, it may or may not disqualify my opinion.

Overall build, these can's to me feel very high end, and extremely comfortable. The wood is beautiful and although they have some weight to them, the do disappear on my head after wearing them for a few minutes. I've worn them up to 3 hours for some gaming sessions.

Sound: These are the most musical can's I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. They are warm and thick but also retain detail I have never heard from anything brighter I have listened too. During listening sessions I simply do no want to remove them, and when I throw on something else to compare, it really can't. During some songs my face feels like it is melting, and after listening I do not know why I own anything else. They are so good I really can't see how anything can sound better at any price range. I haven't tried any summit-fi, but if they sound better they are truly worth the expense because if the cost was double I would still gladly pay it for these Aragon's after listening to them.

The imaging is different and also wonderful. Instruments I find easy to place but with vocals and some acoustics it is like a halo and thick sound around your head, its difficult for me to explain but when you have them on your head I think most would understand. Its like listening to music and in church. For gaming it is not ideal, but they just sound so good I prefer to use them, effects and explosions sound fantastic.

Owning these makes me what to hear what some more high end can's have too offer, and if its possible for anything to be better, or only different. They are the most satisfying purchase in audio I have made thus far.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0069.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0069.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 0
Apr 6, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #792 of 1,323
Has anybody tried paoring the t50rp argons on the smsl Sp200? Does this amp provide enough power, and is the overall sound good?

Been searching but didn't have any luck coming across comments on this pairing.

Thanks!

The SP200 came out late last year so hasn't had a chance to become prevalent yet in the market. It is a THX amp, puts 3W per channel at 32ohm. That is more than enough juice for the T50rp.

Aside from looking in if anyone has specifically used this amp with these headphones, the reviews for the amp have been fairly positive. Zeospantera was very favorable to it.

Apr 17, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #795 of 1,323
Fellow Argon T60RP owners - what are you rolling with for pads?

I've been using the Modhouse "default" ZMF oval suede pads which are just fantastic for comfort, and the cans are still so impressive from a build, comfort, fun and soundstage perspective, but I've been using the Audeze Mobius for convenience while working from home and the subbass (impact) just demolishes the T60's bass response. In fact, the entire FR is just so astonishingly listenable that I can't help but notice the comparatively bright/lean response when I go back to the T60s and suede pads (on a BasX A-100).

Anyone have any direct experience with lambskin or cowhide or even protein who can weigh in?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back