Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Apr 17, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #796 of 1,323
I'm using the stock pads and man the bass slams hard and sounds very dark which I really love. I may tried the suede pads to brighten it up a little bit just for a change.

Apr 18, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #797 of 1,323
I just order the Brainwavz angled sheep skins. I'll report back when I receive them and get some decent listening time.

May 3, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #798 of 1,323
Hi.I've seen some videos and reviews of these,and read a little bitt on this thread.Im a little curios about these.

I have owned several headphones.But now i have the audeze mobius and amiron home.I also have the fiio fh7.

Of all the headphones i have had/tried,the ones that impressed me most was,audeze sine with chiper cable, lcd2c,dt1770 pro,v moda crossfade 2.And one that was not that great for music,but exellent for movies ( sounded like i was in the cinema ) was the b&w p9.

I also tried hd800,focal elear,audio technica msr7,shure se846,beyerdynamic t5p2 gen,xelento,ect....

What i learned is that i dont like flat or too neutral sound.I like my bass :p I also like large soundstage,details,but also a fun sound.

I want an headphone that is good allrounder for movies and music ( electronica and rock/metal).

The mobius is good,but i use it only bluetooth,and i guess i miss out something when using tidal hifi and 4k bluray movies.The amiron home is ok,but maybe a little boring.Tried both on the movie rise of the planet of the apes tonight,and the mobius sounded better.Warmer and more bass/full bodied.But the soundstage on mobius are rather small.The amiron sounded flat/boring.The mobius was more enganging and fun/immersive.

What can i expect of the argon mk3?

Ps:i use an nad stereo amp with headphone jack output and and dragonfly cobalt dac/amp.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #801 of 1,323
I took a chance,and ordered the headphones with protein pads,deerskin,an single ended cable.I live in norway ( europe ) ,so i guess it will take some time to have them here.

Sweet did you get the T50's ot T60's?

May 11, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #805 of 1,323
Does anyone have a balanced cable recommendation for Argons besides the periapt one?

I have that one and I think that it might be contributing to an issue with a new THX AAA 789 I received. The amp kicks on the circuit protection when using my Argons with periapt balanced cable and I crank up the volume pot enough. It happens on all gain modes, earlier on the pot with higher gains. It does this even when just the cable is plugged in, and not when using single ended with a different cable. The amp also doesn't do it with other cans, or a different periapt balanced cable.

May 11, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #806 of 1,323
Does anyone have a balanced cable recommendation for Argons besides the periapt one?

I have that one and I think that it might be contributing to an issue with a new THX AAA 789 I received. The amp kicks on the circuit protection when using my Argons with periapt balanced cable and I crank up the volume pot enough. It happens on all gain modes, earlier on the pot with higher gains. It does this even when just the cable is plugged in, and not when using single ended with a different cable. The amp also doesn't do it with other cans, or a different periapt balanced cable.

Get a balanced to female TRS adapter and see if this happens if you plug the single ended cable into the balanced out. Could be a faulty cable, but also may be unrelated.

What DAC are you using?

May 11, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #807 of 1,323
Get a balanced to female TRS adapter and see if this happens if you plug the single ended cable into the balanced out. Could be a faulty cable, but also may be unrelated.

What DAC are you using?

I have just such an adapter. Using it plugged into the 1/4" single ended output, same thing happens, just later on turning up the pot, presumably becuase of less power on SE compared to balanced.

As for a DAC I'm using a Grace SDAC Balanced, but it's the SE output into the 789.

May 11, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #808 of 1,323
I have just such an adapter. Using it plugged into the 1/4" single ended output, same thing happens, just later on turning up the pot, presumably becuase of less power on SE compared to balanced.

As for a DAC I'm using a Grace SDAC Balanced, but it's the SE output into the 789.

No, you need an adapter that plugs into the balanced output, with a female connector to accept your 1/4 headphone cable. That would rule out the balanced connection being the issue. You are using the single ended output, which we have already ruled out is not the problem.

May 11, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #809 of 1,323
No, you need an adapter that plugs into the balanced output, with a female connector to accept your 1/4 headphone cable. That would rule out the balanced connection being the issue. You are using the single ended output, which we have already ruled out is not the problem.

I see. That I don't have, but I have tested the balanced out on the 789 using different balanced cables besides the Argon/Pariapt cable that I'm concerned about. No issues that I can tell.

May 11, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #810 of 1,323
I see. That I don't have, but I have tested the balanced out on the 789 using different balanced cables besides the Argon/Pariapt cable that I'm concerned about. No issues that I can tell.

I can make you a balanced cable for the Argon. PM me and we can talk about price and I can show you what I make. It definitely won't cost as much as a periapt, I can tell you that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back