Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Apr 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #94 of 756
No glue, they fit on the new rings the same way the Beyer pads or HiFiMans own pads do

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #96 of 756
I don't know where you can get loose pads. I bought a FA-003 and use the velour pads on it and the leather pads on the HE-500.

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #98 of 756
I will be testing two pairs of pads soon:

- Moon Audio's DT990 black velour pads
- Lawton Audio's Denon angled leather pads

I'll let you know if they fit well. I'm predicting good results, as Beyerdynamic pads have been reported to work, and Mark Lawton measured his pads at 105mm, which is not too far from the HE-6's 109mm.

I really hope the Denon pads work well, as I found the angled aspect to increase comfort and headphone stability on my LCD-2's when I had them.

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #99 of 756
I'm very interested in those Lawton pads, I've been looking at them myself for use on the HE-500. I also need to dig up that link to the place selling the Brainwavz HM5 (FA-003 equivalent) pads.

Does moon audio make their own pads or do you just mean beyer pads from moon audio? I've been using black 990 pads on my HE-500's for a while now, they're tough to attach and they slide around on the housing a tiny bit (the stock ones do as well, but they have more friction while doing it), but they're very comfortable.

May 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #101 of 756
just installed LCD-2 pads on my HE-500 and guess what..??

It's amazing, comfort +10 and sounds better than beyer pads or stock pads trust me when i swapped the LCD-2 pads to my HE-500 i smiled...a huge smile...
biggrin.gif

yes the LCD pads is bigger in diameter so it looks ugly, but who cares for the looks i care more for the sound...

pic will be added tonight...

May 4, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #102 of 756
That's cool. For me, I can own both the pleather and velour for $16 shipped. It's a great combo and all I need for diversity. I suspect those other pads would be nice but the admission price on a pair of lcd pads is too high for me. Nice to know though.

May 4, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #103 of 756
That's cool. For me, I can own both the pleather and velour for $16 shipped. It's a great combo and all I need for diversity. I suspect those other pads would be nice but the admission price on a pair of lcd pads is too high for me. Nice to know though.

yeah since im in Hong Kong last week and im in need of new LCD-3 pads which are softer than LCD-2 pads so i bought the LCD-3 pads and gave my HE-500 a used LCD-2 pads if not ill stick with my DT990 pads..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back