Mini-Review: digiZoid ZO "portable subwoofer"
Aug 24, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #676 of 996

Quote:
At some point in the future, we would like to have cases made for different players/phones that actually has the ZO's circuitry embedded in the case itself! 

Yea this is a really good idea from a business point of view but I hope you always continue to sell the ZO as a standalone amp too (It's what I personally need). :) Maybe even offering an USB DAC + AMP combo sometimes in future? :p

Aug 24, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #677 of 996
I recently got the ER-4PT and it matches amazingly well with the ZO. It is a welcome change, as it shows the full dynamic range of the etys. 
etysmile.gif

I use the ZO with Clip+ running Rockbox. Shure Olives works very well for me and the isolation is scary! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #678 of 996
That short cable between ZO and Clip+ sure could use some angled stereo plug, at least on the side. :p

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #679 of 996
Quote:
I recently got the ER-4PT and it matches amazingly well with the ZO. It is a welcome change, as it shows the full dynamic range of the etys. 
etysmile.gif

This is what I was anxious to know! Can you please describe the improvements you hear with the Zo/ER4P combo? Also, how well is the synergy? For instance, can you comfortably push the Zo to any gain setting (even max, per se), without appreciable loss in SQ, or does it work best only on low gains settings? I've been meaning to give the Ety's a a listen, and analytical with added bass impact sounds rather appealing.
smile.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #681 of 996
If anything needs DigiZoid's golden touch, surely its onboard audio, particularly in laptops. For the small added cost (per laptop), this would have to be huge bang-for-buck for any big manufacturer. Sadly, I dont know how highly that rates with your average laptop buyer.

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #683 of 996
Ayy, he got dem beats yo!!!

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #684 of 996

Quote:
'Average Laptop Buyer' wants Beats Audio only.

Only becaus they dont know anything better. How did you feel the first time you saw seriously good computer graphics ? A full HD TV ? A naked wo... er, you get where I'm going with this !

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #685 of 996
Honestly, I don't want to spend money on a new cable. The right angled one that I have are a little too long for this setup. So I ended up using the ones that came with the ZO. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
That short cable between ZO and Clip+ sure could use some angled stereo plug, at least on the side. :p

Aug 26, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #686 of 996
The sound can be described as full without the loss of mid-range and Highs.  The ZO and the ER-4P are made for each other IMHO.

I have not come across a track so far where the sound distorts at the highest setting on the ZO. Overall, I am very happy with the set-up.

Hope this helps with your decision! 
normal_smile .gif

Quote:

This is what I was anxious to know! Can you please describe the improvements you hear with the Zo/ER4P combo? Also, how well is the synergy? For instance, can you comfortably push the Zo to any gain setting (even max, per se), without appreciable loss in SQ, or does it work best only on low gains settings? I've been meaning to give the Ety's a a listen, and analytical with added bass impact sounds rather appealing.
smile.gif

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #688 of 996
I've also kept mine maxed out without any noticeable distortion (running off a Clip+ with Senn MX680 ear buds).

Perhaps someone with more musical knowledge will know, but these kick in at the oddest spots.  I can see the added bass in say a Talking Heads song, but they also help out in acoustic guitar/vocal music by giving an added sense of depth.  Other times, in a classic rock song from the 70's for example, they don't really add that much (at least that is apparent).  This isn't meant as a negative, just odd, as I really like them.

Aug 26, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #689 of 996

Quote:
I've also kept mine maxed out without any noticeable distortion (running off a Clip+ with Senn MX680 ear buds).

Perhaps someone with more musical knowledge will know, but these kick in at the oddest spots.  I can see the added bass in say a Talking Heads song, but they also help out in acoustic guitar/vocal music by giving an added sense of depth.  Other times, in a classic rock song from the 70's for example, they don't really add that much (at least that is apparent).  This isn't meant as a negative, just odd, as I really like them.

It can't add anything that isn't already in the song, so those particular 70's songs are just recorded badly and there isn't any information to boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back