Mini-Review: digiZoid ZO "portable subwoofer"
Aug 13, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #631 of 996
Thought I'd share a track where even at the max setting, the Zo lives up to its name.
basshead.gif

Aug 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #632 of 996
I don't even DARE trying max levels on my headphones but shouldn't be any suprise as I'm using a XB500 headphone, already at middle somewhere which is probably the highest I've tried it's like the headphone starts dancing on my ears and tickles my ears as the bass pressure tries to escape between the pads and the ear. 

Also I get the chills when reading people tried going up to like 90% volume and see if it would distort, if I did that, I'd probably hear the headphones from downstairs in the furthest room apart when left playing in my room, the XB500 is that efficient headphones so have to use around 10~12% volume for normal listening with a computer soundcard. Already at say 25% it would be crazy loud so I wouldn't say no to that volume control that's supposed to be in v2. :p

BTW nice track and quality for a youtube upload, me likey! :D Oh it's an album released for free, this person really got talent btw, immediatly grabbed that album without hesitating.

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #633 of 996
I lurked around and read this entire thread and have been really excited about the Digizoid Zo for quite awhile but when I searched around it's all sold out. So does anyone have an idea where I can go buy one? Also I have another question. I have a Sansa Clip+ RB and the genres I listen mainly to is Vocaloids so I was wondering how do the Digizoid Zo pair up with these two? And thank for your time to read this post.

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #635 of 996
Update to my list below, shown in bold red:

Great synergy: can comfortably go as high as the max setting without appreciable loss in SQ
  1. Sony EX1000
  2. HiFiMan RE262
  3. HiFiMan RE272
  4. SM3 V2

Mediocre synergy: the Zo works best on low gain settings, else there is appreciable loss of SQ
  1. Westone 4
  2. Atrio M5 (mg7)

Not so great synergy: overkill, plain and simple
  1. JVC FX700
  2. Miles Davis Tribute

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #636 of 996
I probably would have put the SM3 v1 in the not so great category for me.  More so than any phone they really didn't benefit that much from amping or bass contouring.  To me they were best straight from HO.

Have you posted your RE272 impressions somewhere?  Link please.

Quote:
Update to my list below, shown in bold red:

Great synergy: can comfortably go as high as the max setting without appreciable loss in SQ
  1. Sony EX1000
  2. HiFiMan RE262
  3. HiFiMan RE272
  4. SM3 V2

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #637 of 996
Not yet my friend. I'm testing them as we speak, against the SM3 and 262. However, I'm finding that they really are a beast of their own, and what the 262 is to mids, the 272 is to treble extention. Simply stunning!

Aug 16, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #643 of 996
Congrats, I'm sure good things will come out of this. :)

As for headphones to try... ATH-M50 is one good well respected popular headphone. It doesn't have particularly great soundstage but great for the price otherwise and ZO does seem to offer a bit improvement in that department, at least with my headphones it did. Instead of using Sennheiser HD280 which seemed to be your current reference as "studio monitor" test specimen.

You're looking for popular headphones or suggestions for "great sounding" headphones though? Popularity wise you already did the right thing by testing with for example Skullcandy headphones as unfortunately those are very popular among the youth which are your perhaps biggest customer target. I would also add some Sony into the mix. Sony is a brand that has always had customers and great availability, don't know what model exactly to recommend to test but yea some from Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back