Mini-Review: digiZoid ZO "portable subwoofer"
Dec 2, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #17 of 996
I have every confidence that enterprising bass enthusiasts will get on these and we'll see it blow up. It really is nothing like any other portable amp-like device out there. Wanting to make sure I wasn't dreaming, since I came back to the states Ive compared it to every portable amp with some sort of focus on bass or "bass boost" I can get my hands on and I'm more convinced than ever it's an utterly unique device in a sea of mediocrity.

Apr 2, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #18 of 996
Thanks for the review. I just ordered mine. It looks pretty promising to any basshead. If all works out I will definitely push to get this amp's name out here on Head-Fi. I stuggled for months trying to find a good bass boosting amp around $100. I'm sure others have trouble too. I've tried the Cmoy but the fact that it simply has a bass boost on/off function doesn't work that well. So if that bass boost is too much/little, you're screwed. As with me, the bass boost ruined the SQ when it came to the Cmoy.

Apr 7, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 996
I decided to order one too today even though it sounds like they are close to producing a version 2.  Being able to control the amount of bass on the fly is very appealing, especially if it is higher quality bass than just software EQ on the DAP.  Maybe these will give my W4's the small added kick I want.

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #21 of 996
Sold mine to hiflight, but when I owned it I can say with confidence that it's the best kept secret for quality bass AND overall SQ.  It proved to me how most other devices (amps, combo amp/dac) are grossly over priced, granted that industrial aesthetics do come with a price, but in the end, it's the sound that matters, right? 

I await for somebody to dissect one to see the innards causing the magic.

Apr 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #25 of 996

Quote:
Gotcha. I'm trying the zo, since it is pretty small and hopefully I won't mind carrying it around.

I think I am just going to put velcro stickers on the back of my iPod and Zo. I just got mine and it works perfectly as it states. If your headphones are good enough, then the Zo will be able to highly increase the bass without messing up the sound quality. Doesn't do much with earbuds though (understandable). This is the one and ONLY amp I have found that gives out enough bass (tons of it) without ruining the quality. The 32 levels of bass is genius to adapt to anyone's needs. I am very impressed with it. I just don't understand how this thing isn't more popular. The one and only bad thing is not being able to use an LOD with it (no volume control) but maybe they will put volume control on the next Zo. I am definitely keeping mine though.

Apr 10, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #27 of 996
Yea I also read that... but considering the size of the Zo, it is obviously meant for portable use and it's tough to find that short of an inline cord. Just another hassle in my opinion but oh well, I can barely tell the difference between the quality of LOD and basic headphone jack.

Quote:
On their support page they suggest putting an inline volume control on your LOD before the zo. Of course it is one more thing to mess with.

Apr 10, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #28 of 996
I'm in need of another portable headphone amp since my Little Dot Micro+ is MIA and have always yearned for better EQ control when using my iPhone. I just ordered mine from sharperimage.com. I'm really excited to hear what this will do.

Apr 11, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #30 of 996
This sounds like it would be perfect for say the DBA-02, when you're in the mood for some clean, balanced analytical sound, but with some more weight and texture to the bass.  Or RE-Zeros, CK10s, etc...  Might have to take a look at this someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back