MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device
Jul 21, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #196 of 2,609
Ok, the Mojo V is starting to kick it into overdrive. Finally it has come back. At this point it is transforming the amp and whatever you hook up to the amp. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #197 of 2,609
Cool (of course, I now have to take a contract out on you :smiley: )

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #198 of 2,609
i am very interested in this thread......in the microZOTL and in the mojo......go on guys and thank for sharing your passion !
smile.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #199 of 2,609
The HE1000 sound even faster now. They change so easily with everything upstream from them. So the micro and V are doing the job. Extremely tight sound, in a good way. Super fast, dimensional, layered and tight articulated bass. I hope it sticks, will see. I know Mojo said that the PS hits its total peak at 800 hours. I am around 250 or 275 and I would say it took 150 to come back into really good sound. But again, I have to see if it stays. I am using some black glass, flat plate 68FG tubes. What is interesting is the noise floor has dropped to the point where I can hear the tape sound on Analog recordings very easily and even digital transfer info but not to a discredit of the music. Has to be heard to be appreciated but you can not judge the PS until you have many hours on it. IMO

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #200 of 2,609
Well today the sound is holding up for the combination of the micro and the Mojo V power supply. It would be nice to have someone hear the combination for a second opinion. I can express, put down in words, to try and convey what I am hearing but it comes from one person and after a while validation from others would be nice. I don't need validation of what I am hearing but I don't want to be appearing to hype this combination. 

Jul 22, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #201 of 2,609
Go ahead and hype...having to save up to go for this, maybe sell some gear (anyone want a ton of not-getting-much-use gear?)

Jul 22, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #202 of 2,609
Go ahead and hype...having to save up to go for this, maybe sell some gear (anyone want a ton of not-getting-much-use gear?)

That isn't the best way to advertise it. lol 

What I am also waiting for is a a mostly burned in, according to Mojo, power supply so I can AB it with the stock ps, which I don't enjoy doing: the switching back and forth, very boring. But as long as I have now listened to the ups and downs of the Mojo and now on the upward trend, listening back and forth for a short time should be enough. 

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #203 of 2,609
  Well today the sound is holding up for the combination of the micro and the Mojo V power supply. It would be nice to have someone hear the combination for a second opinion. I can express, put down in words, to try and convey what I am hearing but it comes from one person and after a while validation from others would be nice. I don't need validation of what I am hearing but I don't want to be appearing to hype this combination. 

If we all agree to take it as one data point and not as Truth, can you share your opinion (while you look for others to listen and give their opinions later on)?
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #204 of 2,609

That isn't the best way to advertise it. lol 

What I am also waiting for is a a mostly burned in, according to Mojo, power supply so I can AB it with the stock ps, which I don't enjoy doing: the switching back and forth, very boring. But as long as I have now listened to the ups and downs of the Mojo and now on the upward trend, listening back and forth for a short time should be enough. 

I know, actually haven't put anything up for sale yet, though I have stuff not-getting-much-use, not because it isn't good stuff, just because I have TOO MUCH STUFF! I've been living my life with the basic premise, very American, that he who ends with the MOST STUFF WINS!!! Great stuff, like the HE-560, Shure 1540, and too much to get in to right now basically collects dust (the HE-1000 has something to do with this as well). One of these days, I'll get my act together and connect PayPal to my bank account, get the boxes ready, and have a "yard sale"...
Am really interested in the power supply, though, maybe spring for it when my wife's not looking...:D

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #205 of 2,609
I know, actually haven't put anything up for sale yet, though I have stuff not-getting-much-use, not because it isn't good stuff, just because I have TOO MUCH STUFF! I've been living my life with the basic premise, very American, that he who ends with the MOST STUFF WINS!!! Great stuff, like the HE-560, Shure 1540, and too much to get in to right now basically collects dust (the HE-1000 has something to do with this as well). One of these days, I'll get my act together and connect PayPal to my bank account, get the boxes ready, and have a "yard sale"...
Am really interested in the power supply, though, maybe spring for it when my wife's not looking...
biggrin.gif

It is curious how this PS, the Mojo V affects the amp. It is like super instant power. There is no let down at any time. When the music is extremely dynamic, the amp is super fast, no loss of dynamics or response at Any frequency. Bass is extremely well controlled and things like cymbals sound true and clean. I am told, as I have mentioned, that it improves more and I am not even at the half way point. The V doubles the price of the micro but the PS has often been an off the shelf solution and to me, it is the most important part of an am or dac or dap because without it, what do you have? The AC musical signal travels on the DC and the better the DC, the better the sound, with everything else being up to snuff. 

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #206 of 2,609
True, I was a bit surprised at the power supply when I got the Zotl, expected more (my Ray Samuels HR-2 seems to be ALL power supply). Not that heft is everything, but I suspected more could be done in that regards.
On an unrelated note, :)set up at present...Fully loaded Linn LP12/Ittock/Lyra Delos/Pro-Ject Tube Box S/MicroZOTL2/Norne Zoetic Cable/HE-1000. Man, really sweet sounding rig...

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #207 of 2,609
I ordered the Whiplash TWau cable in the modular design. Expensive but in the modular, I can now have my other phones wired with the Y done and I won't need the rest as the modular disconnects at the Y. This will tell me even more about the micro and Mojo as I have the TWau on the TH900 and it did very good for the sound they produce. 

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #208 of 2,609
True, I was a bit surprised at the power supply when I got the Zotl, expected more (my Ray Samuels HR-2 seems to be ALL power supply). Not that heft is everything, but I suspected more could be done in that regards.
On an unrelated note, :)set up at present...Fully loaded Linn LP12/Ittock/Lyra Delos/Pro-Ject Tube Box S/MicroZOTL2/Norne Zoetic Cable/HE-1000. Man, really sweet sounding rig...

you are approaching Audio Nirvana.......keep your head up and facing forwards.....we are all excited for you!!!!
seriously, CONGRATULATIONS, you are stretching the envelope and going where no man has ever gone....
when you get there, save a place for me!!!!  

Aug 3, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #209 of 2,609

Well kids a new breakthrough with the Zotl2:
Benjamin from Mojo Audio got my hands on his new HIGH CURRENT power chord for my borrowed JOULE ONE power supply for  my Zotl2.  the improvement was slight over the previous sound with the old power cable.  Then BAM this morning, after about 100 hours of burn in use, the sound just exploded to a higher level, the soundstage expanded,the
guitar on Buddy Guy's new BORN TO PLAY THE GUITAR album just became FEROCIOUS!  the drums kicked butt, and the the vocals seared my brain. Im listening throughAudio Technica W1000 cherrywood full size phones, and I've never heard them sound this good until this morning, like a full concert JBL pro audio set up in my head. wow,if you have the JOULE power supply be sure to contact Ben about upgrading that cable, be patient burning it in, and fasten your seat belt!!! the improvement with a JOULE V will be astronomical!!!

Aug 3, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #210 of 2,609

Well kids a new breakthrough with the Zotl2:
Benjamin from Mojo Audio got my hands on his new HIGH CURRENT power chord for my borrowed JOULE ONE power supply for  my Zotl2.  the improvement was slight over the previous sound with the old power cable.  Then BAM this morning, after about 100 hours of burn in use, the sound just exploded to a higher level, the soundstage expanded,the
guitar on Buddy Guy's new BORN TO PLAY THE GUITAR album just became FEROCIOUS!  the drums kicked butt, and the the vocals seared my brain. Im listening throughAudio Technica W1000 cherrywood full size phones, and I've never heard them sound this good until this morning, like a full concert JBL pro audio set up in my head. wow,if you have the JOULE power supply be sure to contact Ben about upgrading that cable, be patient burning it in, and fasten your seat belt!!! the improvement with a JOULE V will be astronomical!!!

What is the difference in cables? 

I contacted Benjamin and the cable I have have is the same. A little more to go on the burn in for my V. Can anyone say, black backgrounds, dynamic, and just plain fast? A total lack of any type of grain to the sound. The power supply does an excellent job. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back