Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Apr 4, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #6,196 of 12,974
@MezeTeam

Hi Meze, I want to ask you, if you plan to produce closed-back version of the Empyrean's in the future, too?

Thanks

We are working on multiple headphone projects right now, and that include a premium closed back planar, there is no ETD so unlikely in immediate future. This is not exactly a close-back version of Empyrean. The Empyrean is an open-back design since the early conceptual time, everything were designed along that line including the frame and overall shape. Everyone enjoyed the comfortable of Empyrean in a home/desktop type setting, but it probably looks weird or exaggerated if you wear the Empyrean on a bike or on metro, even when we change the cup to close back design and solved all the acoustic problem in due course.

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Apr 7, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #6,199 of 12,974
If anyone is interested, I'm going to be listing my Empyreans for sale. Leather pads that have not been used, original suede pads and new pair not used, and Lazuli Reference Balanced headphone cable, Lazuli Reference speaker amp adapter (banana plus with email XLR on other end).

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #6,200 of 12,974
If anyone is interested, I'm going to be listing my Empyreans for sale. Leather pads that have not been used, original suede pads and new pair not used, and Lazuli Reference Balanced headphone cable, Lazuli Reference speaker amp adapter (banana plus with email XLR on other end).
I was going to do the same with mine but with a lot of shippers are no longer implimenting signature required due to covid-19 I'm cautious to and may wait until all this blows over... just a heads up.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #6,201 of 12,974
A wise move if you don't have to deal with fire sale. :)

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #6,202 of 12,974
I was going to do the same with mine but with a lot of shippers are no longer implimenting signature required due to covid-19 I'm cautious to and may wait until all this blows over... just a heads up.

Actually I thought of the whole Covid thing but I checked the For Sale forum and a lot of people are listing headphones. Mine comes with a face mask, hand sanitizer, and a starter pack of hydroxychloroquine.

Apr 8, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #6,204 of 12,974
Curious to hear your reasons - anything that you got fed up with or just generally time to move on to something new? The latter I can relate to :)

Apr 8, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #6,206 of 12,974
I got the Abyss 1266 TC back in December and paired it with a speaker amp, and nothing compares for me.

I can’t own multiple headphones. I never understood the appreciation of hearing different with different headphones.
Dou you find the TC confortable for long periods? If I had a TC I would still need a lighter hp for longer periods.

Anyway if you are selling the gun metal maybe you could get a premium for that, given it is not made anymore. Although now there may be several in stock. Likely in the future its value will increase.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #6,208 of 12,974
Actually I thought of the whole Covid thing but I checked the For Sale forum and a lot of people are listing headphones. Mine comes with a face mask, hand sanitizer, and a starter pack of hydroxychloroquine.
Can you throw in a ventilator too? Just in case things go south.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #6,209 of 12,974
Apr 8, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #6,210 of 12,974

Users who are viewing this thread

Back