Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Apr 11, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #6,226 of 12,974
...Whats the build quality like on these? Are there reports of drivers failing? ...
Build quality is excellent. Really, the only build issues I’ve seen mentioned were a couple pair with slight cosmetic defects. I don’t recall seeing any reports of mechanical or sound failures.

Apr 11, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #6,227 of 12,974
[/QUOTE]
the emyreans have been exceptional re no (or VERY limited) quality control issues - you won't get any better than these
Build quality is excellent. Really, the only build issues I’ve seen mentioned were a couple pair with slight cosmetic defects. I don’t recall seeing any reports of mechanical or sound failures.

Thanks guy's. That is great news! Cant believe I am thinking of buying these.

Might have to take a trip to the city and have a listen.

Apr 11, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #6,228 of 12,974
So far the only issues I've heard about were some cosmetic blemishes which Meze fixed pretty quickly by increasing the thickness of the anodization.

Apr 11, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #6,229 of 12,974
Fabulous headphones. If I could only have one pair, these would be it. Someone mentioned they are like taking the Senn HD650 to the next level (or another level above that even). I think that's accurate.

And personally, I actually really like the cable (but yeah, the tangling/crimping can get annoying). Solid core copper, I presume? On a lower level, kind of reminds me of the Audioquest NightHawk that way. (Also a really cool, unique headphone, but not at the level of the Empyrean of course).

Apr 11, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #6,230 of 12,974
I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy these in a few days and from HeadAmp. I bought a Chord Hugo TT2 a few weeks back from Justin and it is spectacular. I'm listening with my LCD 2.2's that I've had seven years? Sounds great but I have to believe this is going to take me to heaven. Only decision is which color. I'm leaning to trad black. The copper look cool but I think that might wear off on me..........

Apr 12, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #6,232 of 12,974
What speaker amp are you using for your musical nurvana☺

headphones are so different that I find some much more appropriate for certain kinds of music etc...I own several because I find they all have different strengths and weaknesses ........

Apr 12, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #6,233 of 12,974
I got the Abyss 1266 TC back in December and paired it with a speaker amp, and nothing compares for me.

I can’t own multiple headphones. I never understood the appreciation of hearing different with different headphones.
I'm in agreement with you. I can't have multiple headphones.
Great to read the Abyss is killer. I can imagine it might be near impossible to beat.

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #6,234 of 12,974
Great to read the Abyss is killer. I can imagine it might be near impossible to beat.

I own the Abyss, and I am also lucky enough to own the Empy. It is two different experiences, but in short, if you do not have a high-end amp and are even remotely interested in a mobile setup, the Empy is the headphone of choice.

Apr 13, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #6,235 of 12,974
yes for sure, the Abyss TC isnt a portable setup, that is for sure

Apr 14, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #6,236 of 12,974
I own the Abyss, and I am also lucky enough to own the Empy. It is two different experiences, but in short, if you do not have a high-end amp and are even remotely interested in a mobile setup, the Empy is the headphone of choice.
Mmmmm.....i do like my hekse out of everything

from my auralic taurus, woo wa2 otl and ipad mini

Apr 14, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #6,237 of 12,974
Mmmmm.....i do like my hekse out of everything

from my auralic taurus, woo wa2 otl and ipad mini
I just bought a pair of Empyreans. Here Wednesday?

Apr 14, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #6,238 of 12,974
I just bought a pair of Empyreans. Here Wednesday?

Congrats man. They took a while to really open up and sing, so just bear with them initially. I like mine with a good silver cable and a good solid state amp. I prefer the suede pads as well; I like the bigger sound stage, less hot highs, and the bass punch. Amazing headphones through and through.

Apr 14, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #6,239 of 12,974
Congrats man. They took a while to really open up and sing, so just bear with them initially. I like mine with a good silver cable and a good solid state amp. I prefer the suede pads as well; I like the bigger sound stage, less hot highs, and the bass punch. Amazing headphones through and through.
Thx! Whose silver cable do you use? I was thinking about Meze copper upgrade but I came across a Silver cable from Europe that looked great. Can’t remember name but bookmarked it on computer.

Apr 14, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #6,240 of 12,974

Users who are viewing this thread

Back