Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Jan 31, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #2,446 of 12,975
You make these sound like my perfect headphones. I can’t wait for mine to arrive.

Quick question. Did you listen to any acoustical music or music without much bass? If so, how did they perform? Thanks.

Very clean and expansive, a real sense of air.

I listened to the below song and it was beautiful, you almost feel like you are there with them.

Also this one, it isn't bass free but has large sections without bass in it and it was also pretty great. A nice contrasting song where you get the crisp voice in the calm sections and the when the instrumental sections come it really thumps.

For reference I also listened to the following tracks:
Northlane-Node
Wille and the Bandits-Got to do Better
Plini-Sunhead
Woody Pines-Stella Blues
Saint Motel-Move
The Prodigy-Destroy
Reverend and the Maker-He said he Loved Me
Pink Floyd-The Great Gig in the Sky
Sheelanagigs-Shetlag
Beth Hart-Black Coffee
Metallic-Master of Puppets
Iron Maiden-Prowler

(Yes it is an eclectic mix lol)

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #2,447 of 12,975
Very clean and expansive, a real sense of air.

I listened to the below song and it was beautiful, you almost feel like you are there with them.

Also this one, it isn't bass free but has large sections without bass in it and it was also pretty great. A nice contrasting song where you get the crisp voice in the calm sections and the when the instrumental sections come it really thumps.

For reference I also listened to the following tracks:
Northlane-Node
Wille and the Bandits-Got to do Better
Plini-Sunhead
Woody Pines-Stella Blues
Saint Motel-Move
The Prodigy-Destroy
Reverend and the Maker-He said he Loved Me
Pink Floyd-The Great Gig in the Sky
Sheelanagigs-Shetlag
Beth Hart-Black Coffee
Metallic-Master of Puppets
Iron Maiden-Prowler

(Yes it is an eclectic mix lol)

Very cool. I’m an eclectic listener as well. Thanks for the tracks! It’s always cool to hear something new.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #2,449 of 12,975
Well this is a pain, I am back home using my Ether Flows and they just sound flat and boring now. Whos idea was it to demo the Empyrean lol... :deadhorse:

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #2,451 of 12,975
yeah they are pretty good. I'm glad I have mine back tbh. I have the new hardcase too now, I love it.
Well hopefully it won't be too long until I have my own set, I have my Ether Flows up for sale as we speak and once they are gone in come the Empyreans :L3000:

But I am intrigued "new" hardcase? What changed?

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #2,453 of 12,975
Well hopefully it won't be too long until I have my own set, I have my Ether Flows up for sale as we speak and once they are gone in come the Empyreans :L3000:

But I am intrigued "new" hardcase? What changed?
haha I meant that mine is new to me. my demo unit didn't come in the travel case to start with. That only got to me a few days ago. At least I can loan it out in the proper case now to protect it. Good luck in the sale of your headphones.

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #2,454 of 12,975
haha I meant that mine is new to me. my demo unit didn't come in the travel case to start with. That only got to me a few days ago. At least I can loan it out in the proper case now to protect it. Good luck in the sale of your headphones.

Ah right that makes sense. Thanks, hopefully they won't take too long, I should stop saying how much I prefer the Empyrean though as it might put people off buying the Flows :money_mouth:

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #2,455 of 12,975
Ah right that makes sense. Thanks, hopefully they won't take too long, I should stop saying how much I prefer the Empyrean though as it might put people off buying the Flows :money_mouth:

I feel your pain. I sold my HEX V2, HEK V2, Arya, LCD 3 Fazor, and returned my Ether 2, in order to purchase the Empyrean. Mine should arrive Monday or Tuesday next week. I can’t wait!

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #2,456 of 12,975
I feel your pain. I sold my HEX V2, HEK V2, Arya, LCD 3 Fazor, and returned my Ether 2, in order to purchase the Empyrean. Mine should arrive Monday or Tuesday next week. I can’t wait!

I can only hope you enjoy them as much as I did! :)

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #2,459 of 12,975
I wouldn't worry Empyrean is much better than the flow. What cable are you gonna go for 6.3 for Schiit then an adapter for MoJo?

Just a little joke, I demoed it today and it is indeed much better for my tastes/ears.

Cable wise I have a few options, I will probably get the stock short 3.5mm to use with my Mojo then either get my Ether Flow Toxic Cables re-terminated to mini xlr which would work balanced straight with my Mjolnir as it already has a 4pin XLR or I was thinking of getting a Forza Noir Hybrid HPC made for it. Not sure which option I will go for yet though. The re-termination will be the cheapest though as it is already a very good cable.

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #2,460 of 12,975
Now the fun begins thanks to Mr Arthur Power. Picked my Empyreans and had a Jersey pizza with Arthur. Can't listen tonight but tomorrow the break-in begins.
Guys, enough contemplating about the Empyreans. Jump in the water with us Empyrean owners and be happy happy.

IMG_0298.jpeg IMG_0299.jpeg IMG_0300.jpeg IMG_0302.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back