Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 29, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #1,321 of 12,975
I cannot find any information regarding different colors. Where did you get the information from ? Thx
Mostly in this and similar threads, plus some conversations in the Meze room at this years London show.

In short, Meze trialled a variety of finishes on pre-production models. I'm aware of black, copper and silver for the grill colour, but there could have been more, (Black is my shorthand for a dark grey/gun metal colour that Meze clarified recently in this thread).

For the production models, Meze chose black for the first 2 runs of 500 each. They haven't stated what colour the 3rd batch will be, so some of us are putting in our votes early for copper to help them make the correct decision :)
It's only the grill that changes, not the whole headphone, so hopefully Meze will gain confidence to add different colours depending on how fast the first 2 batches sell.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #1,322 of 12,975
Ah okay. Thanks for the explanation. Maybe I will wait until copper is available. Looks sexy :relaxed:

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #1,323 of 12,975
I hate to be the one to report the first negative comment about the Empyrean, but this is how my damaged Empyrean arrived:

beschadiging-frame-1.jpg beschadiging-frame-2.jpg beschadiging-grill.jpg

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #1,325 of 12,975
Please keep us updated on your experience with Meze customer service in resolving this.
Didn't buy them directly from Meze, but from my Dutch dealer. I've just contacted him and he's on it. He's heavily surprised as the guys from Meze are quality freaks.
Anyway, even though I'm heavily disappointed I'm sure it will be sorted soon :)

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #1,326 of 12,975
Didn't buy them directly from Meze, but from my Dutch dealer. I've just contacted him and he's on it. He's heavily surprised as the guys from Meze are quality freaks.
Anyway, even though I'm heavily disappointed I'm sure it will be sorted soon :)
Minus the gripe with the damage. What do you think about the sound?

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #1,330 of 12,975
Haven't listened enough yet to have an opinion. I'm going to do a review this weekend with a comparison to the LCD-4 (latest drivers).
Sweet, I used to own the 4z which would be pretty similar to yours.

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #1,331 of 12,975
I just reduced Meze's stock by one. A shout out to Vlad from Meze tech support who answered my questions and helped me with my order!

I don't have the Abyss but do have the LCD-4 so will post my impressions of the differences between the two...both being driven with a balanced (BTG...formerly Q...Audio) cable, using a Cayin iDAP-6 as a source for a Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC and Mjolnir 2 Amp and some very rare Lorenz Stuttgart 3-mica PCC88 tubes.

I'll let you know when it arrives and post impressions after a little burn-in and comparison time.

Cheers and Thanks Meze!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Totally agree. I've received the very best customer service from both Vlad, and Mircea these last 4 months. @koenoe I'm confident your dealer or the Meze team will take care of you.

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #1,333 of 12,975
Now that there will be several Empeyean owners out there - in addition to impressions of the HP itself I'd be interested to hear comparisons with different amps. I am glad to see more TOTL planars with higher efficiency coming to the market now.

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #1,334 of 12,975
Question to all the owners, can someone do a nice little unboxing video of the Empyrean? and post it on Youtube or something. :)

I think i can do this later this day i have more then one unit without my bad english lol

NOMAX

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back