Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 29, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #1,351 of 12,975
Thank you Meze Audio, you just made me smile again. Just few words for now, as is still early days. Indeed Christmas has come earlier.
Received my pair earlier, so i wasn't able to listen much. The build quality is very high as expected, from the last time I've heard and seen them back in July. They are better then when I remember them in all aspects. Who needs a headphone stand when the included aluminium flight case is perfect and light for protecting them when traveling or not in use.
The sound is fairly neutral with lots of details, deep bass when called for. The sound overall is natural, balanced, ans easily reproduced by Empyrean's unique Isodynamic Hybrid drivers. The comfort is really nice, you can barely feel them on your head.
I am planning to do more listening tonight and over the weekend and I plan to return with high quality photos and more impressions when possible. Overall I am very impressed and I will highly recommend to anybody to hear them first before purchase if you can, otherwise go ahead and order a pair. You will not regret it and I belive they all worth it, and other owners have already agreed with me pages back.
To summarise : the competition has been left far behind, quite far.

Ugh, you custom ordering son of a beep, beep lol.

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #1,354 of 12,975
Thank you Meze Audio, you just made me smile again. Just few words for now, as is still early days. Indeed Christmas has come earlier.
Received my pair earlier, so i wasn't able to listen much. The build quality is very high as expected, from the last time I've heard and seen them back in July. They are better then when I remember them in all aspects. Who needs a headphone stand when the included aluminium flight case is perfect and light for protecting them when traveling or not in use.
The sound is fairly neutral with lots of details, deep bass when called for. The sound overall is natural, balanced, and easily reproduced by Empyrean's unique Isodynamic Hybrid drivers. The comfort is really nice, you can barely feel them on your head.
I am planning to do more listening tonight and over the weekend and I plan to return with high quality photos and more impressions when possible. Overall I am very impressed and I will highly recommend to anybody to hear them first before purchase if you can, otherwise go ahead and order a pair. You will not regret it and I belive they all worth it, and other owners have already agreed with me pages back.

Hang on, how do you get the gold version that isn't even out yet?

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #1,355 of 12,975
The gold version does look pimping!

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #1,357 of 12,975
The sound is fairly neutral with lots of details, deep bass when called for. The sound overall is natural, balanced, and easily reproduced by Empyrean's unique Isodynamic Hybrid drivers. The comfort is really nice, you can barely feel them on your head.

Those are exactly the colors I've been fantasizing about! How did you get them?

I thought all the headphones from 1st two production runs were dark grey screens on gun-metal silver frames...?

(from Meze website)

empyrean-top.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back