1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last
  1. tradyblix
    thats not normal. However, I have damaged cable housing this way by yanking on it in the past and its not really an issue for me unless I can hear it. Although it would set my obsessive compulsiveness off something fierce.

Rinalice likes this.
  2. Quadfather
    Very true. Since hearing is different for everyone, there really is no right answer. One headphone can obviously be a piece of art, super well-made, and state-of-the-art technology, but for whatever reason, it may not tickle everybody's ears.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  3. Rinalice
    Thanks for the quick replies!

Guess I shouldn't worry too much for the time being since it's still under warranty and is working fine.

I've tried the stock cables and a Periapt cable and it seems to be the port than the cable connector, I can't seem to see or hear anything at fault besides being afraid the loose twisting would twist hard and break the pins (Could be me mostly being paranoid).

tradyblix likes this.
  4. ayang02
    Anyone here using the Nordost Heimdall 2 cable with the Empryean? I wonder how this pairing compares to the Kimber Axios CU & Cardas Clear pairings.

erik701 likes this.
  5. Currawong Contributor
    Been a while since I've used this set-up. Source is a Hugo 2/Soundaware D300REF.

Rig-12.jpg

6. naynay
    Hi,

Can someone confirm for me if the Meze Empyrean ship there headphones with two pairs of Headphone cables?

Thanks.

7. ken6217
    They do not.

tradyblix and naynay like this.
  8. CoryGillmore
    Man as much as this headphone cost, I'd be sending it back for a replacement or repair. The main reason being: one day if you decide to sell, you're gonna have to mention that there is a slight issue with them and you're gonna get less money because of it. Even though they came like that, you'll get less.

Rinalice and tradyblix like this.
  9. kumar402
    Mine came with only a pair I selected.

naynay likes this.
  10. tradyblix
    If you buy them direct from Meze you can choose which type of adapter and cable you want at the time.

11. JLoud
    I just bought a pair and you can select which termination you want. But only one cable.

12. SammYyYyY
    I had a chance to hear these at CanJam SoCal last month. I heard them on the WA11, WA8, and my FiiO Q5. Does anybody have any other suggestions for a DAC and amp for $2,000 or less to drive the Empyrean? Size isn't an issue, and I don't need it to be a combo unit. The setups I've been researching are the WA11, RME ADI-2 (with a separate balanced amp), the Cayin i-HA6/i-DAC6 stack, Schiit Ragnarok 2 (with the DAC module), the Questyle CMA600i and CMA Twelve, and the AudioGD D-27 and NFB-28. I'm open to any suggestions.

13. popof94
    Hi all,
    with one of my friend we have compared 2 Meze empyrean headphones..
    We have compared them by blind test with the same stock cables and with the same audiosensibility upgrade cable. We used the 2 X 6,35 outputs of the Viva 845 headphone amplifier.

We have checked before that the 2 outputs are exactly the same with a pink noise and have also reversed them 3 times.

We have founded in 100% of our tests that one of the empyrean is, without any doubt, better than the other: better dynamic, more clear with better bass and sub bass. How this is possible on high end 2900€ headphone.

Anybody have made the same tests with 2 similars Empyrean headphones from Meze?
    518A2901-A9DB-4B59-934B-02D24E7EC26B.jpeg 9A9AF0BB-7ECB-4607-96CA-B178785597BE.jpeg 93A74968-BC92-40A8-9B37-5ADEF50B86AE.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Jwakeford likes this.
  14. LCMusicLover
    Silly questions:

- same pads?
    - approximately same amount of usage (burn-in)?

Assuming the answers are 'yes' and 'yes', then the answer is .... driver variability?
    Of course, the really interesting question is ... which set is 'correct' ... that is, sounds as designed? One assumes the 'better' sounding one is 'as designed', but ... :)

15. popof94
    Hi, yes same pads.
    Same amount of usage: no, the best one is new, the other have more than 200 hours listening.

For us the new one is better ( the one from my friend). It is absolutely better for both of us. Bass are more impactful, the voices are more clear with better slam and tuning on the new one.

I just write Meze about that. We will see what they will answer.

First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last