1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287
289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298
Next

Last
  1. Quadfather
    I am currently using a Lotoo Paw Gold and a QP1R... I only have them for 7 days. Unfortunately, I am only a portable user. I don't like being tied down to desktop units or home stereos.

2. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Gotcha...but I'd still suggest you go to a local meet to hear just what your Empyreans can really do. It's about the whole audio chain for this level of full sized TOTL headphones.

EDIT: That said, I'm a bit slow tonight...I just looked down from my iMac and noticed by Chord Hugo2 sitting right there. It is both a desktop and portable solution...and it's seriously good, so much so that it bests many desktop setups I've heard. Plus its portable and plays the Empyreans quite well! Just a recommendation.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  3. Quadfather
    The Paw Gold seems to drive them fairly well. I think I may need to just listen without throwing the other headphones that I'm used to into the mix...500mw/32ohm.... the gold actually drives my hd650 to ear splitting levels

4. MacedonianHero Contributor
    The Hugo2 is on another level in terms of both drive (power) and transparency (as a source). I like the Paw Gold, but not for full sized TOTL headphones...great with IEMs though.

tradyblix likes this.
  5. Quadfather
    Looks sweet, but $$$$

6. ken6217
    Don’t confuse the ability to play loud with driving them well.

As you go up the food chain of amos, the Empyrean will really shine.

7. Jvincent
    Even with as efficient as the empyreans are I really dont think you would be getting the full potential out of them from the paw gold. Especially in the low end... as far as portable players really the hugo 2 is a great option, if you are looking at dap's the kann cube is supposed to be good (haven't heard one myself).

MacedonianHero and Quadfather like this.
  8. Quadfather
    I really love Lotoo and Sony products. I like the non leather Empyrean ear pads best so far. I wish I was in a position to buy a lot more stuff LOL. I hope to get somewhere at some point to hear Hugo 2. Now the Empyreans are seeming better, it may have just been having that familiarity with the other headphones influencing things. Or maybe the ear pad change. The one thing I really do like about them is the bass response and then non fatiguing nature. I totally hated the K812s when I first heard them and they are one of my favorites now.

Jvincent likes this.
  9. Jvincent
    Definitely listen to stuff first before purchase. Otherwise you end up spending a fortune in this hobby.
    I'm surprised you're not really happy with the empyreans, IMO they are the best headphones I've listened to for metal (a lot of other things too) but the slight bass jump, tonal characteristics and speed of the Empy's make listening to stuff like Dream Theater a whole new experience.

Quadfather likes this.
  10. Quadfather
    I kept going back and forth between the empyrean and the k812. I think my brain was so used to the K812 that I was liking it more at the time because of the familiarity. I am listening now strictly to the Empyreans and seeming to like them the more stuff I play on them. I'm going to throw on a Little Lamb of God now and see how it goes.

11. jlbrach
    I think the empyrean is a fine product but IMHO the lcd-4 is far better....the only advantage the empyrean has to me is their efficiency making them less amp needy....they are also very well made and nice looking....that said again only my opinion obviously the lcd-4 is far better

Quadfather likes this.
  12. triggsviola
    Whoa thems fightin words round here!

13. jlbrach
    lol

Quadfather likes this.
  14. Quadfather
    Everybody needs to remember that every single human being on this planet hears differently. I enjoy my Shure SRH1540 headphones more than some very expensive offerings.

15. mixman
    Uh Oh!!! :astonished:

Quadfather likes this.
First

Back
278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287
289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298
Next

Last