1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288
290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299
Next

Last
  1. Quadfather
    At this level there is no way to say which is best. It's all about art, your hearing, and perception. I had a massive stroke 3 years ago. For all I know, this changed how I perceive sound. I am just grateful I can hear, whichever headphone it happens to be...

Arcabonne, MacedonianHero and Bern2 like this.
  2. betula
    There are also opinions with the opposite conclusion. Just read back in the thread, there are tons of comparisons between these two great headphones. It is a matter of personal preference, gear and other factors but there is no clear winner here. To me the Empyreans are better overall.

While the Empyreans are very efficient and sound surprisingly good from portable gear, their homeland is good desktop setups. They are TOTL open back headphones afterall..

xxx1313 and Quadfather like this.
  3. kumar402
    even though they might sound better but weight is a big issue. I heard it weighs something like 650 or 700g that’s like exercise for neck.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  4. ken6217
    Then throw in the fact that their quality control isn’t the greatest and the pair that you receive may not sound like the pair that you auditioned, or the same as your friends etc. etc.

The bottom line anyway is that all of these comments on a particular headphone is all based on your own personal preference and how you hear music, and how you like to hear music. There is no universal “this is better“. It’s what’s better to you.

5. jlbrach
    Agreed it is incredibly subjective

Quadfather likes this.
  6. JLoud
    I bought my Empyreans from Crutchfield because of their 60 day return policy. Listened to them for 6 weeks. While I found them very enjoyable, I just preferred my LCD4 and Abyss. Returned them for full refund minus $10 flat rate return shipping. Maybe the best way to demo for those without access to a shop that carries high end gear.

Bern2 and Quadfather like this.
  7. Quadfather
    Sounds like a good way to do it.

8. Quadfather
    I am currently listening to HD650s on my Questyle QP1R for the first time and I'm actually pretty surprised at how good they sound in high gain. I have quadruplets anyway, so I think I've gotten the idea of acquiring the Empyreans out of my system. LOL

9. tradyblix
    I agree. They are hot. Its the type of leather they used. My LCD-2 of long ago didn’t have that issue but it had a different leather type, dryer, more leathery, less soft. Of course the LCD-2 got a lot more uncomfortable, quickly.

I dont find the alcantara pads (its not velour, different material) to be as hot, but they change the sound so....

I imagine leather being hot is not an issue in more temperate and colder climes but I’m near the equator.

Another reason to look forward to different pad types. Its not a dealbreaker for me or anything but I did notice it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  10. Rinalice
    Hello, have a question,

I just received my empyrean two weeks ago and noticed the mini-xlr port for the connector on the left ear up is loose and the right earcup is firm and tight. When I try to turn it will move a little left and right while right side its sealed very tightly and locked (kinda hard to unplug too). Should I be concern and sent back to request to fix it or it's actually a normal occurrence and it's totally fine? Everything else is working as intended.

11. MadDane
    Wow, I don't come here for 1-2 days and there are dozens of posts.

12. ken6217
    Mine is similar but work fine.

Rinalice likes this.
  13. nwavesailor
    Both L and R are very tight with the stock cable connectors.
    I am hoping the Norne S3 cable I ordered will lock solid but the mini XLR ends will be easier to remove from the hp.

14. tradyblix
    The Hugo2 has so much power it can make my Utopias clip. Max excursion. The Empyreans lap it up tho. Love planars that way.

15. tradyblix
    Not only that, but its pointless to argue with people about it online.

Quadfather likes this.
First

Back
279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288
290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299
Next

Last