Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Dec 23, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #1,906 of 12,974
this guy video threw me off a bit, definitely he does not care to give it a polished presentation or treatment, if that guy got it to review it i would never send anything to people like that, his diving into the drivers made think what the heck, it made the whole experience look cheap, i rate this as worst unboxing, i really hope he does not get stuff to review as he made the whole thing to look so bad, from the amount of videos he has it looks he gets stuff for review, i hope meze did not send him the headphone to unbox or whatever he is trying to prove from this disgusting video, and the way he closes the case on the pads , i would be pissed if i send someone anything and does that

I don't see any issue with the video. Don't understand your reaction.

Dec 23, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #1,907 of 12,974
Phil it's night and day, you don't need hours on the headphones.swap the pads and givgivee your impression it ain't rocket science

I'm just spending time getting to know the headphones first and seeing if there are differences with more hours on them. If I change pads it will throw my impressions for now. I'll stick with leather for a while longer. I'm enjoying what I hear already hehe

Dec 24, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #1,911 of 12,974
Sorry not been giving much impressions of my Meze audio Empyrean headphones but it was the chase that I love now I've got them it's not the same lol joke. I've been busy sorting out a part ex so I get better speakers.
2200 quid for the b&w 705 s2 speakers with the dedicated stands

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #1,912 of 12,974
Hi all bought the empyrean, just wow, perfect compliment to my hifiman he 1000 v2

will upload few pics tomorrow

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #1,913 of 12,974
Merry Christmas to everyone.

The Meze Audio Empyrean is an incredible headphone!
1.jpg
IMG_2265.JPG
IMG_2279.jpg

Dec 24, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #1,914 of 12,974
Merry Christmas to everyone.

Nice set up and collection! How did you get your hands on the copper grill version? :)

How do you like the Arya vs. the Susvara?

Dec 25, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #1,916 of 12,974
Dec 25, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #1,917 of 12,974
Expect to feel very little clamping force as the suspension band supports the headphone in place. The thick earpads also mean that the any "force" is dissipated in the earpads. These are not b&w p7 luckily.

the fit is as you mentioned but it perfectly secure

Dec 25, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #1,918 of 12,974
here is my take on empyrean listening to it on my ifi ican pro and chord qutest compared to hifiman he 1000v2, using the leather pads

empyrean has more bass in quantity but the good thing is, its very controlled and does not affect the mids like the zmf atticus
mids are in my opinion placed perfectly and the transition from bass to mids is done superbly, you will enjoy vocals alot with empyrean, the vocals are more full compared to hifiman he1000 v2
highs are very enjoyable, are a bit tiny less detailed than hifiman, but make no mistake empyrean has really made the highs perfectly
soundstage well both have bout the same soundstage , but the experience on empyrean feels bigger when u add all the lows, mids and highs as whole experience, its a more meaty sound and big

and finally it works well with all genres, even classical which i do not listen to

and yes you can enjoy it using a dap like astell and kern se100 unlike he1000v2 which needs power

the sound of empyrean feels grand big and its an experience

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back