Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
May 17, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #1,246 of 1,493
I really hope Meze steps their toes into the Bluetooth field soon! The Audeze Maxwell have shown that the technology is finally mature. The lircis are the best closed-back I've tested, would kill for a pair of Wireless Lirics with the latest BT-tech! :D

May 17, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #1,247 of 1,493
I really hope Meze steps their toes into the Bluetooth field soon! The Audeze Maxwell have shown that the technology is finally mature. The lircis are the best closed-back I've tested, would kill for a pair of Wireless Lirics with the latest BT-tech! :D
Since I absolutely don't need that my wallet would approve of that.

May 17, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #1,248 of 1,493
How is the T+A Solitaire T compared to the Liric?

May 17, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #1,249 of 1,493
How is the T+A Solitaire T compared to the Liric?
Never had the chance to A/B test, the T+A had insane details, weras the Lirics really shined with the imaging/soundstage (especially for a closed back.)

But above all the Lirics are also the most comfortable closed backs I've tired, that's kinda the aspect I miss the most of not owning them anymore!

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #1,251 of 1,493
@Newsee and @ThanatosVI any flex / play on your Liric yokes? Mine feels little cheap to be honest :frowning2:
I have almost 4 year old Empyreans and they have been rock solid.
Nope, top notch build on my unit.
Liric build is as solid as my Empyrean and Elite.

And I have them since they were released, one of the first pairs ever created

May 17, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #1,252 of 1,493
Not the same thing, but I know PlusSound custom makes BT cables/adapters to enable your respective cans to become wireless. That was my plan for the Liric and wanted to mention that in my review as well, as they're built to withstand outside and sun for commute purposes.

May 17, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #1,253 of 1,493
Not the same thing, but I know PlusSound custom makes BT cables/adapters to enable your respective cans to become wireless. That was my plan for the Liric and wanted to mention that in my review as well, as they're built to withstand outside and sun for commute purposes.

Yeah, not the same, also don't think those cables are on the very edge of Bluetooth tech like the Audeze Maxwells are :p

May 17, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #1,254 of 1,493
Nope, top notch build on my unit.
Liric build is as solid as my Empyrean and Elite.

And I have them since they were released, one of the first pairs ever created
It seems I got two lemons in a row. First pair had subpar leather finishing and this one has flexing and slightly creaking yokes. Everywhere I see only praise for the build quality of Lirics... What are the chances! I have had over two dozen headphones and only two of them have had build quality issues. Meze Liric and Mark Levinson 5909.

May 17, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #1,255 of 1,493
It seems I got two lemons in a row. First pair had subpar leather finishing and this one has flexing and slightly creaking yokes. Everywhere I see only praise for the build quality of Lirics... What are the chances! I have had over two dozen headphones and only two of them have had build quality issues. Meze Liric and Mark Levinson 5909.
Yeah really unfortunate.
The only build issues I ever had were with 2 of my 4 Hifimans back then.

Hifiman really didn't have the build quality for the asking, going from my samples.

Meze is extraordinary well made tho from my experience.
All my HPs, pads and cables have been flawless crafts.

May 18, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #1,256 of 1,493
My first pair of Liric had some paint damage and I had them returned. But aside from that, the build quality was outstanding. Second pair had no problems.

Attachments

• 20230510_144346.jpg
    20230510_144346.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
May 30, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #1,257 of 1,493
I too started to get a creaking yoke on the left, but it isn't very noticeable.
Speaking of build quality, I have issues on my second pair, which I only discovered after a few weeks after purchase.

The right jack has considerable movement and creates micro phonics on the cable every time I move about. The left jack is sturdy and no issues. I am hoping I can get a resolution from the shop as they are only 2 weeks old.

May 31, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #1,258 of 1,493
No creaks here….
After a couple of months with the Liric I have to say I am deeply impressed.
These hadphones do everything right.
The biggest mistake from Meze is to advertise them as “portable”, which may lead people to think they’re easy to drive.
From my experience, they massively improve with a strong amp. Give them power, get yourself a quality copper cable and let them sing…

Jun 16, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #1,259 of 1,493
Hi y’all! Another new Liric owner here. I’m wondering if anyone else is playing them with a Mojo 2? I have mixed feelings, mostly because I’m not sure if the bass is all it can be, powered by the M2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back