Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Dec 4, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #466 of 1,488
I prefer a tuning that follows the IEF neutral target curve. A slight boost in the 0-200Hz region is ok, but I want it to stick close to the curve in the 1-4kHz region and no sharp treble spikes above that. Headphones that more or less exemplify this to me are Auteur, HD650 and R70x.

Dec 5, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #467 of 1,488
@MezeTeam @Andykong This is the first headphone that's intrigued me in quite some time. Is there any chance of a Canadian loaner/review tour to help those of us without any way to audition them?

Dec 6, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #468 of 1,488
Just arrived.
I guess initial impression is very good.
My new portable setup NOW....
20211206_112324.jpg

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #470 of 1,488
Headfonia has published a comprehensive review for Meze Liric earlier today .

"What the Liric does really well though is the spaciousness and airiness from top to bottom and that certainly helps with giving the impression of a wide sound stage. I do feel the Liric scores better in depth than in width and the layering here is very impressive at times."
"... the mids sound realistic and they have a lovely timber. The separation here is excellent as is the spaciousness and airiness. The mid texture for me is very very nice. You do have to take a bit of vocal forwardness with the tuning though. I actually feel it works well here and I never felt it was too forward, energetic of focused. "

Well, looks like Lieven enjoys our Liric immensely, but you should check out the full review HERE for the complete story.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 7, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #471 of 1,488
I've been listening to them for a while now and the Liric with the iBasso DX300 w/Amp12 sounds incredible! It would be hard to imagine a better sounding portable combination (for now)...
Exactly what I was planning to get. Must resist as I don't really need portable setup anyway right now but so very tempting...

Dec 7, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #472 of 1,488
Are there any measurements of the frequency response, and EQ settings to reach the Harman target?

Dec 8, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #474 of 1,488
As a former Empyrean owner,
i can confirm the very good service. Yesterday I was in contact with customer service again.
I wanted to receive the frequency response measurement of the Liric.
Unfortunately, I was refused, with the information that this will be published soon.
I don't understand the secrecy...

Dec 8, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #475 of 1,488
As a former Empyrean owner,
i can confirm the very good service. Yesterday I was in contact with customer service again.
I wanted to receive the frequency response measurement of the Liric.
Unfortunately, I was refused, with the information that this will be published soon.
I don't understand the secrecy...
I'm not terribly invested in the FR issue, but it is a bit bemusing that the Liric has now been reviewed fairly extensively - nearly all praising it - and yet there's no graph/measurements. Probably for some buyers on the fence who take their cue from measurements, it would be beneficial.

Dec 8, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #476 of 1,488
@MezeTeam

Please publish the frequency response here.

A Liric is on the way to me...:)

Dec 8, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #477 of 1,488
Is it really that important? Trust your ears, they will tell you if you like it or not. :smile_phones: (or trust those who have listened to it)
Yesterday someone was asking EQ settings to tune to the Harman curve. Come on, just tune it to the way you like it yourself (if it needs change uberhaupt)
Listen, trust your ears and enjoy the music

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #478 of 1,488
I have already written the following lines several times in this Community, but in different threads, so this is not surprising.
In the past few years I've owned a lot of headphones, and regardless of the price range, it has always turned out that the Hamann target is exactly my thing.
No matter if a 100 € HE4XX, or a 3000 € Empyrean.
Or like the latest LCD-i4.
Therefore I can say from experience, that it will be the same with the Liric,
with a 99,99% probability ...

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #479 of 1,488
For those who couldn't check out the LIRIC in person and would like to have a FR curve assist your decision, we are sorry that you have to wait. We have send a Liric sample to HeadFi HQ for measurement, and we'll share the measurement curves as soon as we receive the result from Jude.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 8, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #480 of 1,488
Is it really that important? Trust your ears, they will tell you if you like it or not. :smile_phones: (or trust those who have listened to it)
Yesterday someone was asking EQ settings to tune to the Harman curve. Come on, just tune it to the way you like it yourself (if it needs change uberhaupt)
Listen, trust your ears and enjoy the music

Peak heafi comment......SMH. :deadhorse:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back