MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Nov 20, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #1,276 of 5,650
Hi!

Does someone here tried Elite with pc gaming? how is the experience?
tried it with Back 4 Blood and it was amazing! Wasn't paying attention to positional sounds but it sounded good. Might do a comparison with my Clears which are my go to gaming pair.

Nov 20, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #1,277 of 5,650
Nov 20, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #1,278 of 5,650
Where are you based? Maybe I should send you the Dark Mystery for a photoshoot too hehehe

Currently at south east asia, would be much easier to send stuff when I'm in Singapore (rather Indonesia).

Dark Mystery is clearly my most fav design of Meze! (Phoenix looks hot, but I tend to love something with black colour)

Nov 20, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #1,279 of 5,650
It’s been a week since the Elites arrived and during that time I’ve been away using the TT2 connected to a macbook pro via TQ Silver Diamond USB and SRC-DX. They sounded great… really good.

Now I’m back home I connected the TT2 back up to the oR via the SRC-DX, Js-2 with Roon Nucleus and HQPlayer on a Mac mini serving the files over the fibre network and…. Wow, the improvement all over is incredible… especially soundstage and imaging!

Time sped by, track after track just sounded perfect. I remember being sat in front of my NF system speakers listening to the Empyrean and while I loved the sound, I never felt like the sound could be coming from the speakers in front of me… the soundstage was good but just not good enough to make me think the sound was surrounding me in the room. Listening to the Elites today in front of the same speakers and the biggest grin appeared on my face… the voices and instruments sounded like they were reflecting off the walls… the soundstage gave the impression the music was hanging in the air. Very happy! Of course the soundstage isn’t as good as the NF system but it is very impressive all the same.

Then Roon did what Roon does best… served up something new... “The Architect“ by Jean-Michel Jarre. Now we’re all fairly used to hearing a good quality panning from left to right etc but this… this sent a sound that literally orbited by head?!? At first I thought I imagined it but it happened again… and again 😳

A quick look at the album the track came from…. “Welcome to the other side” released October 2021. Then I seen in the title of each track “Binaural Headphone Mix”. Seriously, if you like your electronic music, especially Jean-Michel Jarre… take a listen, it’s great fun and really shows what the Elites can do! It’s even got me thinking about whether speakers are my preferred way of listening to music now…I wasn’t expecting that!

Nov 21, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,281 of 5,650
It’s been a week since the Elites arrived and during that time I’ve been away using the TT2 connected to a macbook pro via TQ Silver Diamond USB and SRC-DX. They sounded great… really good.

Now I’m back home I connected the TT2 back up to the oR via the SRC-DX, Js-2 with Roon Nucleus and HQPlayer on a Mac mini serving the files over the fibre network and…. Wow, the improvement all over is incredible… especially soundstage and imaging!

Time sped by, track after track just sounded perfect. I remember being sat in front of my NF system speakers listening to the Empyrean and while I loved the sound, I never felt like the sound could be coming from the speakers in front of me… the soundstage was good but just not good enough to make me think the sound was surrounding me in the room. Listening to the Elites today in front of the same speakers and the biggest grin appeared on my face… the voices and instruments sounded like they were reflecting off the walls… the soundstage gave the impression the music was hanging in the air. Very happy! Of course the soundstage isn’t as good as the NF system but it is very impressive all the same.

Then Roon did what Roon does best… served up something new... “The Architect“ by Jean-Michel Jarre. Now we’re all fairly used to hearing a good quality panning from left to right etc but this… this sent a sound that literally orbited by head?!? At first I thought I imagined it but it happened again… and again 😳

A quick look at the album the track came from…. “Welcome to the other side” released October 2021. Then I seen in the title of each track “Binaural Headphone Mix”. Seriously, if you like your electronic music, especially Jean-Michel Jarre… take a listen, it’s great fun and really shows what the Elites can do! It’s even got me thinking about whether speakers are my preferred way of listening to music now…I wasn’t expecting that!

Agree about "speaker alike experience". Elite feels open as expected from open back, but there is "invincible" wall that help holographic imaging become more apparent. I also using TT2 direct to drive Elite.

Listening to Chie Ayado - Let It Be, the Chie's vocal seems full body, powerful and lifelike, and when the chorus singing, 3D Holographic is immersive. In this particular song, I would absolutely prefer Elite compare to Diana Phi.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #1,282 of 5,650
I'll give that album a listen... While they can't replace my NF system, the Elites have certainly closed the gap between headphones and speakers. I think it maybe the depth of soundstage more than anything else. Where a lot of headphones do left, right and even height well I've found it's not often that a headphone gets all that and depth right as well. It makes for a very immersive experience.

Nov 21, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #1,283 of 5,650
tried it with Back 4 Blood and it was amazing! Wasn't paying attention to positional sounds but it sounded good. Might do a comparison with my Clears which are my go to gaming pair.
It's great with console gaming
Nice to hear that, my final choice is between Meze Elite and DCA Stealth, I guess I will go with Elite, how is the details with the Elite? I read that Stealth have much detail, I think this is a good feature for fps gaming.

Nov 22, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #1,284 of 5,650

I'm with you on this. The bass seems to have been tamed with use in my review pair, interestingly enough. I'm getting much the same impressions from them out of the TT2/MScaler set-up as other people have. The soundstage seems to float in a slightly uncanny way (if you don't think about it too much). They seem to make everything sound good, even if there's a slight feeling in the back of my mind that the effect is slightly artificial. They aren't as unsympathetic as the LCD-5s are with bad recordings. It's a bit like using one of those 3D plug-ins (or the Audeze Mobius) but with much greater resolution. If a recording wasn't the best, it still makes it enjoyable, even though the Elites are somewhat "bright" overall, at least for me. They do "bright" in the most enjoyable way, with enough balance down in the bass.

If anything, I'm having trouble finding anything NOT to like about these headphones, as far as pure enjoyment goes. Did anyone try or buy a pair and NOT like what they heard?

OK I keep reading this thread and seeing awesome reviews. Can't help but think the Elite audition time I had was flawed...

Does anyone here have the Chord Dave and a tube amp, with the Elite? Could you let me know if u hear any major differences between plugging in the Elite directly into the Dave (which was what I did during the demo) vs going via the tube amp?
TT2/MScaler with ALO Audio Studio Six here. I like the Elites directly out of the TT2 for preference, for the resolution. Like the Empyrean, they seem to work very well with Chord gear.

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #1,285 of 5,650
If you can, try some PGGB files @24/768 with the TT2 and the elites. I’ve been playing them via HQP and SRC-DX and they sound very good indeed with the Elites.

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #1,286 of 5,650
Agree about "speaker alike experience". Elite feels open as expected from open back, but there is "invincible" wall that help holographic imaging become more apparent. I also using TT2 direct to drive Elite.

Listening to Chie Ayado - Let It Be, the Chie's vocal seems full body, powerful and lifelike, and when the chorus singing, 3D Holographic is immersive. In this particular song, I would absolutely prefer Elite compare to Diana Phi.

I love Chie much. The best for me is „Leaving on a jetplane“

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #1,287 of 5,650
I'm curious if other people have this issue - the Elite gets my ears noticeably hotter than other headphones I've tried. They get red and hot after 45m~ and I sorta have to take the headphones off for a good while. It's also quite cold where I live right now.

Nov 22, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #1,288 of 5,650

That album is very good, loved “let it be”. Another great evening with the Elites, just loving the musicality and the soundstage etc!

All I need now is to find a good transportable DAC / Amplifier that work well with the Elites. Does anyone having any experience with iFi‘s xDSD & iDSD options… or any other options, suggestion. It will be used when I want to take the headphones downstairs or when Im staying away in hotels etc!

edit…forgot to say, when away from my music room, I’ll be running it off a MacBook Pro & Pi4s that are running HQPlayer directly and via NAA’s so looking for the ability to play up to 32/768 from ups called files as well as PGGB files.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #1,289 of 5,650
That album is very good, loved “let it be”. Another great evening with the Elites, just loving the musicality and the soundstage etc!

All I need now is to find a good transportable DAC / Amplifier that work well with the Elites. Does anyone having any experience with iFi‘s xDSD & iDSD options… or any other options, suggestion. It will be used when I want to take the headphones downstairs or when Im staying away in hotels etc!

edit…forgot to say, when away from my music room, I’ll be running it off a MacBook Pro & Pi4s that are running HQPlayer directly and via NAA’s so looking for the ability to play up to 32/768 from ups called files as well as PGGB files.

perhaps waiting for the release of mojo 2?

Nov 23, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #1,290 of 5,650
I as thinking about that... I've ordered a Micro iDSD Signature to demo first. See how it sounds. I've had a Qutest and tried a Hugo 2 before I went for the TT2 so I'm used to the Chord sound. I'll check out the iDSD Sig and if I'm underwhelmed I'll send it back. I know the original Mojo was a bit warmer in tone compared to the rest of their DACs. I demoed a K&N SE200 and that went back... not a fan of Android and the SQ didn't seem to match the £.

The Elites are really performing today with Jaz music (1st day using them while working). With Roon Radio each track is sounding incredible... there's quite a list f new albums to check out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back