MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Nov 24, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #1,291 of 5,675
DSC_6880-2.jpg

Nov 25, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #1,292 of 5,675
Can anyone comment on how the Elite sounds with Classical (mostly large orchestral) music? I usually turn to my (very EQ'ed) HiFiMan headphones, but I often miss more tonal thickness/lower-end heft-- often the HiFiMan sounds a little light/wispy/delicate to be fully satisfying for my ears. Thanks for any thoughts.

Nov 25, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #1,293 of 5,675
Can anyone comment on how the Elite sounds with Classical (mostly large orchestral) music? I usually turn to my (very EQ'ed) HiFiMan headphones, but I often miss more tonal thickness/lower-end heft-- often the HiFiMan sounds a little light/wispy/delicate to be fully satisfying for my ears. Thanks for any thoughts.
It sounds great with very natural and balanced tonality.
Organic and quite realistic instruments presentation, natural vocals.
Wide and spacious for an open back, I am using it with all kinds of classical music.

Nov 25, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #1,294 of 5,675
It sounds amazing with orchestral music and does certainly have more tonal thickness than the Hifiman offerings.

Nov 25, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #1,295 of 5,675
It sounds great with very natural and balanced tonality.
Organic and quite realistic instruments presentation, natural vocals.
Wide and spacious for an open back, I am using it with all kinds of classical music.
Agreed, it’s hard to fault the sound of the Elites with any genre of music. They move a tremendous amount air in the bass department which just adds to natural, realistic presentaction the Elites have. They sound so full-bodied and the improvements in the upper midrange and treble makes them a great all around headphone.

Nov 25, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #1,296 of 5,675
Classical and Jazz are just sublime. I was listening to some jazz this evening and just got lost in it. The gentle teasing of the cymbals sounded so lifelike. Just loving the Elites so far!

Nov 25, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #1,298 of 5,675
Agree… I love them so much I’ve now started to build a “downstairs“ system so I can continue listening after work… that’ll also be transportable. I cancelled the iFi iDSD and tomorrow I’ll be receiving a miniature TT2… aka, Hugo 2!

Nov 25, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #1,299 of 5,675
Agree… I love them so much I’ve now started to build a “downstairs“ system so I can continue listening after work… that’ll also be transportable. I cancelled the iFi iDSD and tomorrow I’ll be receiving a miniature TT2… aka, Hugo 2!
Ifi idsd is very nice with the Elite.

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #1,300 of 5,675
Ifi idsd is very nice with the Elite.
It receives excellent reviews but… the H2 would also be able to step in as cover should (god forbid) anything happen to the TT2 and I also know what to expect from the H2 when paired with the Etude… just not with the Elites! Look forward to hearing how they get on!

Nov 26, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #1,301 of 5,675
Just joined the club. Getting the Elite tomorrow. This despite my having a poor audition with it + the Dave. Going to give it another go, and hopefully it'll be good on my own setup. Fingers crossed..

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #1,302 of 5,675
Just joined the club. Getting the Elite tomorrow. This despite my having a poor audition with it + the Dave. Going to give it another go, and hopefully it'll be good on my own setup. Fingers crossed..
Welcome to our Club.

For most of us the Elite strikes the perfect balance between detail and musicality. Looking forward to your impressions since you're used to Susvara and Abyss.

Your Wavelight is amazing and the synergy with your Wa33 is so good that Woo decided to place an Elite together with it on the new Marketing shots.
Screenshot_20211126-150738_Chrome.jpg

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #1,304 of 5,675
Nov 26, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #1,305 of 5,675
Personally Soundstage really one of the biggest strength of Elite. The 3D depth, height and width combine with the high accuracy of instrument position help the "lifelike" presentation greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back