MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Oct 9, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #3,256 of 5,664
Can the Moj2 to power the Elite, not in the case, yes it gets plenty loud, but to really get it sounding good ?

If you have both, A/B testing the Elite with desktop solid state amp/dac with the Mojo2 ?

Whats the experience, same emotion in the music, smaller sound stage, less bass, mids more closed in, highs little darker ?

Oct 9, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #3,257 of 5,664
Can the Moj2 to power the Elite, not in the case, yes it gets plenty loud, but to really get it sounding good ?

If you have both, A/B testing the Elite with desktop solid state amp/dac with the Mojo2 ?

Whats the experience, same emotion in the music, smaller sound stage, less bass, mids more closed in, highs little darker ?
Yes, absolutely, stellar match. The Woo WA8 is another transportable amp that pairs really well with the Elite.

Oct 9, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #3,258 of 5,664
Yes, absolutely, stellar match. The Woo WA8 is another transportable amp that pairs really well with the Elite.

Uhhh, thats so nice to hear, to imagine Mongus Hugus Planar, that you can take out and about with you :L3000:

Oct 9, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #3,259 of 5,664
Uhhh, thats so nice to hear, to imagine Mongus Hugus Planar, that you can take out and about with you :L3000:
That's one of the best things about the Elites. They are happily powered just plugged into your laptop (not that I recommend that, but in a pinch, it's convenient)!

Oct 10, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #3,260 of 5,664

Yes, power wise Mojo 2 will drive Elite properly, doesn't mean it would sound the best of course.

Compared to desktop set up at similar price, my prefer choice would be Fiio K9 Pro ESS, as it sounds more "complete" to me. Bigger soundstage, deliver more solid impact/bite, more agile, while still smooth and full body.

Oct 10, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #3,261 of 5,664
I listen sometimes wandering around the house or in the Garden using an iFi Go Blu and that still sounds pretty decent to me. I hang it around my neck with one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09LD5H986/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Naturally it can't compete with a proper setup but it's not bad at all and very portable.

As others have said they scale really really well with better gear but the fact they can run on basically anything is a wonderful trait.

Oct 12, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #3,263 of 5,664
Okay, so it's been around a week since I've owned these and I feel like I'm enjoying these cans more each day. I just can't believe how Meze was able was literally able to make a headphone so fun/engaging to listen to while still maintaining a relatively neutral sound signature and TOTL technicalities. Generally in my experience with headphones, the more technical a headphone is the less "fun" it tends to be, and vice versa, but Meze really found the perfect balance with these. It's absolutely astonishing and it's a shame these don't get the recognition I think it deserves in the community.

Oct 12, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #3,264 of 5,664
Elite and Empy together.

daft-punk-1-1200x900.jpeg

Oct 12, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #3,265 of 5,664
It does seem odd that outside of this thread, there is very little real substantive positive reviewing of the Elite headphones. However to my ears these cans are darn near perfect and tick all the boxes I was looking for. I have gotten over 100 hours listening time in, and the sound stage has to be one of the most striking features. The 4z I think have a slightly darker thicker presentation, with mids on Elite perhaps a bit more prominent, and overall slightly more neutral. Crank 'em up some and the Elite will rock your world though with a tight clean hard-hitting bass. Very satisfying. Add in the comfort factor with build quality, and the Elite are just that. Could have maybe just a tad more sparkle up top, but then I am 63 and it is entirely possible my hearing up there is not what it used to be. YMMV on that one... Over all, value is there all the way around. Personally I am extremely satisfied with these cans. Will replace the pads on the 4z (again) and put those in the case. End of an era figuratively.

So irrespective of reviewers accuracy or not, the Elite just work perfectly fine. Love these cans.

Oct 12, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #3,266 of 5,664
It does seem odd that outside of this thread, there is very little real substantive positive reviewing of the Elite headphones. However to my ears these cans are darn near perfect and tick all the boxes I was looking for. I have gotten over 100 hours listening time in, and the sound stage has to be one of the most striking features. The 4z I think have a slightly darker thicker presentation, with mids on Elite perhaps a bit more prominent, and overall slightly more neutral. Crank 'em up some and the Elite will rock your world though with a tight clean hard-hitting bass. Very satisfying. Add in the comfort factor with build quality, and the Elite are just that. Could have maybe just a tad more sparkle up top, but then I am 63 and it is entirely possible my hearing up there is not what it used to be. YMMV on that one... Over all, value is there all the way around. Personally I am extremely satisfied with these cans. Will replace the pads on the 4z (again) and put those in the case. End of an era figuratively.

So irrespective of reviewers accuracy or not, the Elite just work perfectly fine. Love these cans.
There are plenty of positive Elite reviews too, but more in writing than on YouTube.
I would say YouTube reviews are 60% positive 40% negative while written reviews are 90% positive and 10% negative.
As always, some negative sources are just louder than the positive ones.

Oct 12, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #3,267 of 5,664
There are a lot of very positive reviews of the Elites online. I think short of the Susvara it’s quite rare to have an almost consensus positive review. Most cans will have their own passionate detractors.

DCA Stealth veiled, underwhelming
LCD-5 built cheaply
1266 wonky
ZMFs not resolving enough
SR1a no bass
Etc etc

As in the real world, it’s easy to hate on the beautiful, or underestimate/ dismiss the beautiful. I feel Meze just painted a target on their backs for making one of the most beautiful headphones on earth.

Oct 12, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #3,268 of 5,664
Of course, any review is just someone's opinion.

Meze do seem to have been hated a bit unnecessarily. I have no idea why tbh.

Comments like "overpriced beats" are laughable.

I've always liked Lachlan (Passion for Sound on YouTube) because for everything he has reviewed that I have also heard - I agree 100% with his comments.

I know from this that I can trust his ears on things so perhaps we have similar tastes. Who knows.

In any case - you should still always audition yourself.

Oct 12, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #3,269 of 5,664
"Passion for Sound"
The times I've listened to his reviews I've always found they were balanced and detailed. He tends to explain the reasons why he has come to XYZ. A calm approach with very little hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back