MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Oct 8, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #3,243 of 5,656
Thanks for that!

I just wanted to give a quick word of praise to the comfort of the Elite.
I'm sitting here with covid on an otherwise beautiful Saturday morning. I've worn my Elites for the past two and one half hours without the slightest bit of annoyance in either physical comfort or sound quality.
You know how when you're sick everything hurts? The tiniest little thing is annoying and sometimes the last thing you feel like having on your head are headphones?
Not once in the last 2.5 hours have I felt the need to take them off. The weight distribution is simply perfect. It's the most perfectly comfortable headphone I've ever worn. There's nothing about the sound I'm getting that is abrasive or aggressive. It's all just liquid.

That's it.

Oct 8, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #3,244 of 5,656
I had Elite on from 0500 Friday morning until 0130 Saturday morning practically non-stop while trading, listening to music, a trading webinar, several economics and precious metals videos, then more music until I could hardly see straight after doing price action replays for Friday NQ futures on 5 different time frames. Up at 0500 this morning listening to my binaural meditation soundtracks. Now doing price action replays on Monday open thru Friday close on 15 minute. I likely get more hours on my gear in a month than a lot of guys get in a year. (Jacob Gurevitsch Lovers In Paris album on now) and comfort is absolutely sublime. Cannot emphasize how important comfort is when using headphones for really extended duration listening. These headphones are superlative in comfort and sound quality. So glad I got turned on to these...

Oct 8, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #3,245 of 5,656
I had Elite on from 0500 Friday morning until 0130 Saturday morning practically non-stop while trading, listening to music, a trading webinar, several economics and precious metals videos, then more music until I could hardly see straight after doing price action replays for Friday NQ futures on 5 different time frames. Up at 0500 this morning listening to my binaural meditation soundtracks. Now doing price action replays on Monday open thru Friday close on 15 minute. I likely get more hours on my gear in a month than a lot of guys get in a year. (Jacob Gurevitsch Lovers In Paris album on now) and comfort is absolutely sublime. Cannot emphasize how important comfort is when using headphones for really extended duration listening. These headphones are superlative in comfort and sound quality. So glad I got turned on to these...
😂 That's awesome.

Oct 8, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #3,246 of 5,656
Thanks for that!

I'm sitting here with covid on an otherwise beautiful Saturday morning. I've worn my Elites for the past two and one half hours without the slightest bit of annoyance in either physical comfort or sound quality.
You know how when you're sick everything hurts? The tiniest little thing is annoying and sometimes the last thing you feel like having on your head are headphones?
Not once in the last 2.5 hours have I felt the need to take them off. The weight distribution is simply perfect. It's the most perfectly comfortable headphone I've ever worn. There's nothing about the sound I'm getting that is abrasive or aggressive. It's all just liquid.

That's it.
Darn it being sick sucks. I had that stuff over a year ago, felt like a train wreck for a few days. Hope you get to feeling better quick!

BTW envious of that Holo Spring 3 dac. Been lusting after that or May for quite some time... Although the DENAFRIPS Ares II has been a really stellar performer so no complaints really.

Oct 8, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #3,247 of 5,656
Darn it being sick sucks. I had that stuff over a year ago, felt like a train wreck for a few days. Hope you get to feeling better quick!

BTW envious of that Holo Spring 3 dac. Been lusting after that or May for quite some time... Although the DENAFRIPS Ares II has been a really stellar performer so no complaints really.
Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah one can't really go wrong with a Denafrips DAC.
I absolutely love the Spring 3 KTE. I was a Metrum and Sonnet guy for a while (6 total. This included the Pavane L3 and Morpheus). The Spring 3 KTE has the body and warmth of the others but with more detail without being harsh or abrasive. It's more expansive in staging as well. It just checks more of my boxes.

Oct 8, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #3,248 of 5,656
Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah one can't really go wrong with a Denafrips DAC.
I absolutely love the Spring 3 KTE. I was a Metrum and Sonnet guy for a while (6 total. This included the Pavane L3 and Morpheus). The Spring 3 KTE has the body and warmth of the others but with more detail without being harsh or abrasive. It's more expansive in staging as well. It just checks more of my boxes.
Would you know if Spring 2 L2 is close in performance? There’s one for sale in my area and I’m toying with the idea.

I’m currently a Morpheus guy and I enjoy it with the Elites. Cayin ha-3a and burson gt amps. I am also getting tired of my TT2 and I’m looking to replace it actually. Holo is just not that accessible where I am. But I am loving the Elites with R2R for sure.

Wonder if Gustard R26 is as good as what the few reviews say.

Oct 8, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #3,249 of 5,656
Would you know if Spring 2 L2 is close in performance? There’s one for sale in my area and I’m toying with the idea.

I’m currently a Morpheus guy and I enjoy it with the Elites. Cayin ha-3a and burson gt amps. I am also getting tired of my TT2 and I’m looking to replace it actually. Holo is just not that accessible where I am. But I am loving the Elites with R2R for sure.

No. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with any other Holo product other than the Spring 3 KTE.
I think I saw a video or read somewhere once that the L2 doesn't have the upgraded USB implementation. Go on Holo's website or check Goldensound video on YouTube.

Oct 8, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #3,251 of 5,656

I highly recommend Denafrips Pontus II and if you can combine the DDC Hermes or Iris always from Denafrips.
You will have the warmth and detail of analog sound.

Oct 9, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #3,253 of 5,656
Thanks for that!

That's it.

Back at around 6 months ago, due to covid, I had to got out of my room for isolation (in a hotel), and I only brought Clear MG + Chord Mojo at that time. Well they sound ok, but of course not comparable to my proper desktop set up that included Meze Elite.

I can't imagine you do that with 4Z!

Oct 9, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #3,254 of 5,656
I have done that with LCD4z for years. But the Elites are just another level higher in comfort. I used to think guys complaining about comfort were over-doing it a lot, but these Elite have made me realize just how important the comfort issue really can be. I also use my headphones for when I am doing photo-realistic pencil renderings, which take many hundreds of hours (pointillism) to complete, such a relief bending over the drawing table with the Elite on vs the 4z. Which I did not really think were all that bad back then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back