MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Oct 12, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #3,271 of 5,664
The times I've listened to his reviews I've always found they were balanced and detailed. He tends to explain the reasons why he has come to XYZ. A calm approach with very little hype.
this is exactly what i feel when i listen to his reviews. he gives you the feeling to just share his "neutral opinion" and interpretation based upon his experience. that's it. no hype, no artificial overreacting.

Oct 12, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #3,272 of 5,664
I like Currawong. You can tell he is more about listening to the gear and how it plays music and how it mates with other equipment rather than just rambling on about measurements and or frequency responses. A really good example is the Master 9 amp. I dismissed this amp initially because of all the negative press on the ASR forum on AG products. But when I saw Currawong’s review and a couple of other head-fi members endorse it, I pulled the trigger. The best amp I have had and I have had a few.

I also enjoy Z reviews but more from an entertaining viewpoint.

Oct 14, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #3,274 of 5,664
delete

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #3,275 of 5,664
Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #3,276 of 5,664
About the copper 'upgrade' cables:

I've avoided silver upgrade cables ever since a too-bright experience with silver cables for Audeze, and so I ordered the copper upgrade cables for Meze Elite.

But I was shocked at the veiled sound that I heard, compared with the stock cable. The copper upgrade was actually a downgrade, with less clarity and transparency.

Have others experienced this, or is it a peculiarity of my system?

Oct 14, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #3,277 of 5,664
from

I've avoided silver upgrade cables ever since a too-bright experience with silver cables for Audeze, and so I ordered the copper upgrade cables for Meze Elite.

But I was shocked at the veiled sound that I heard, compared with the stock cable. The copper upgrade was actually a downgrade, with less clarity and transparency.

most people i know prefer silver over copper when i comes to meze. and the silver one is really an upgrade.

Oct 14, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #3,278 of 5,664

I can't say I saw it as a downgrade but the stock cable is already quite fine. Wonderful build quality though on the copper cable and for me it was an upgrade yes. Not massive but yep an improvement.

I found the silver plated Meze copper cables better and have stuck with those. I like them.

Others have other brands of upgrade cable (mostly silver) and speak very highly of them.

Oct 14, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #3,279 of 5,664
I have used the Meze silver upgrade cable with my Audeze LCD-3 and they are a definite upgrade. The build quality is amazing.

Oct 14, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #3,280 of 5,664
I was listening to the LCD-3 Pre Fazor last night (2012 build). Fabulous headphones. Switched to the Elites - Elites have that laid back quality but cleaner and smoother in the mids, better highs, bigger soundstage & imaging. Midbass hits harder but LCD-3 subbass is slightly elevated in comparison. The initial speed is the same. The bass on the LCD-3 stops on a dime so it does help with resolution in the subbass whereas the Elite bass does linger a tad in comparison (still better than Arya SE). But the Elite produces more thunderous impact so instruments like Kickdrums sound more natural on the Elites. LCD-2/3 vocals are to to die for. Well, Elites just took that throne away.

Now some regard the LCD-3 prefazor equal or better than the LCD-4. The Elites are a big upgrade in comparison to the LCD-3 prefazor. I am almost tempted to sell mine. Then theres the subject of comfort and weight where Elites are unmatched. So $4k for these headphones is not overpriced. IMO, if you are a LCD-3 owner looking to upgrade - I would put the Meze Elites on top of that list.

Oct 15, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #3,281 of 5,664
One of my favorite headphones was LCD3pre-f. Damn I loved those cans. I foolishly traded them for LCD-X. The X were pretty special too, but I know that was a huge mistake to trade off the 3pf. I did not think the 3pf were better than 4z. If 4z had better sound stage they would be pretty hard to beat IMHO. Until Meze Elite...

These Elites rock. Everything I listen to with them sounds really tight and clean. That sound stage! Can spend hours on Tidal and it just keeps getting better. I love these cans. Run out of words to expound on the virtues really... feed 'em good and they will keep you happy. Comfort matters. Only problem is they keep making me want to twist the volume up a bit more, gotta watch that.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #3,282 of 5,664
One of my favorite headphones was LCD3pre-f. Damn I loved those cans. I foolishly traded them for LCD-X. The X were pretty special too, but I know that was a huge mistake to trade off the 3pf.

These Elites rock. Everything I listen to with them sounds really tight and clean. That sound stage! Can spend hours on Tidal and it just keeps getting better. I love these cans. Run out of words to expound on the virtues really... feed 'em good and they will keep you happy. Comfort matters. Only problem is they keep making me want to twist the volume up a bit more, gotta watch that.
I sold my LCD-2.2 Pre Fazors for the LCD-X. The first ever Audiophile headphones I heard were the LCD-2.1 PF. Audeze lost their soul with the LCD-5.

I find myself wanting to turn up the volume up too. I have to control myself.

Oct 15, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #3,284 of 5,664
Isn't it interesting the roads we travel with working chains of dacs, amps, and headphones? It's a lifetime pursuit of the holy grail LOL...
Haha so true!

I genuinely think I have reached mine with the Elites but the itch is still there to upgrade the DAC.

Oct 15, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #3,285 of 5,664
There are three more items I REALLY want to acquire: a Holo May, a Wells Audio Head Trip II Level II, and a Feliks Audio Envy tube amp. Someday... however it is nice to be able to get exemplary SQ with the gear I have, and very pleased with it all as these headphones really complete the trilogy at a bit more reasonable cost. All good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back