MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 9, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #2,956 of 5,608
I own the Susvara and planning to keep SolP or Elite. Which one do you like better or is it hard to pick? Thanks
Which do you like better?
Since we all hear headphones slightly differently and we all have different preferences, the only important factor is what your preferences are for your own listening.
I may be a bit different to some head-fiers in the following:
I decided I wanted my end game home headphone and so set about finding it.

After much searching, I settled on the Elite as a brilliant all-rounder. I am now enjoying these headphones.
These are my end game headphones for home listening so I am done comparing.

I have my ZMF Verite Closed for use in my campervan, where I need a bit more isolation, so my search is over!

I, personally, don't want to be swapping headphones for different music. Yes, I may be missing the absolute best for particular genres but, heck, different tracks on the same album could be better with different cans. That is not a pleasurable rabbit hole for me to go down.
Now, it's time to simply enjoy the music!

Sep 9, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #2,957 of 5,608
Which do you like better?
Since we all hear headphones slightly differently and we all have different preferences, the only important factor is what your preferences are for your own listening.
I may be a bit different to some head-fiers in the following:
I decided I wanted my end game home headphone and so set about finding it.

After much searching, I settled on the Elite as a brilliant all-rounder. I am now enjoying these headphones.
These are my end game headphones for home listening so I am done comparing.

I have my ZMF Verite Closed for use in my campervan, where I need a bit more isolation, so my search is over!

I, personally, don't want to be swapping headphones for different music. Yes, I may be missing the absolute best for particular genres but, heck, different tracks on the same album could be better with different cans. That is not a pleasurable rabbit hole for me to go down.
Now, it's time to simply enjoy the music!
I haven’t received them yet but I can imagine they are very different. Will give it a bit of time to see what I want to do.

Sep 9, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #2,958 of 5,608
Overall if I had to pick one to keep it would be the Elite.

However both have their strengths and I actually prefer both over the Susvara.

Very tough choice.
Thanks for your take. Will let you all know my thoughts. I do like the sweeter sound of the Susvara. Paired with Dave I think it adds some needed excitement. Pairing is nice with Ferrum stack but loses a bit of its air but gains points on tonality. It also adds a bit more energy in the mids as well which I think Dave does too.

SolP is very nice as well. Pairs well with Ferrum stack. I like it more now. Bass cannons. I just don’t want 3 TOTL cans. Seems overboard but it’s very hard to get rid of one of them. At this point I want to keep the Susvara for its Uber detail and sweet treble.

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #2,959 of 5,608
Which midrange is more emotionally engaging? Susvara vs Elite. Out of Dave and maybe Ferrum stack. Thanks

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #2,960 of 5,608
Which midrange is more emotionally engaging? Susvara vs Elite. Out of Dave and maybe Ferrum stack. Thanks
I have a TT2 instead of Dave, and Soloist GT instead of the Ferrum. Susvara trumps Elite for me (bass, midrange, all of it). Though I love the Elites; I even replaced my 1266TC for them.

I am finding the Elites to be my day cans and Susvara as my evening cans.

Sep 9, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #2,961 of 5,608

Tricky question, Susvara has "Hfiman Sweetness" with more transparent and more resolution overall. Elite's character connect me better to music though. My main playlist consist of vocal jazz, country, pop, new age and some instrument songs.

As great as Susvara is, I always miss the solidness of impact/bite in sound with it. Make me want to crank up volume even more, but the treble sparkle prevent me to do it. At low volume (in the morning I listen around 55dB), Elite perform the weight of each notes in addictive way.

Sep 9, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #2,962 of 5,608
At this point I want to keep the Susvara for its Uber detail and sweet treble.
Since we have the same stack, I really am curious if you think Susvara are more detailed once the Elites get there. Hope you also have the upgrade cable for them.

Sep 9, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #2,963 of 5,608
Since we have the same stack, I really am curious if you think Susvara are more detailed once the Elites get there. Hope you also have the upgrade cable for them.
Well I just bought a Arctic Magnus for the Susvara and I have a Lavricable Grand but terminated in 1/4inch, need to reterminate to XLR though.

Sep 10, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #2,964 of 5,608
Well I just bought a Arctic Magnus for the Susvara and I have a Lavricable Grand but terminated in 1/4inch, need to reterminate to XLR though.
Well I had the same issue, but I have the solid core Grand. A friend tried to re-terminate it , but it's not as easy as switching out the connector, it actually needs to be changed from single ended to balanced. After a month of fiddling he finally got it working, but i'm not very happy with the result, so I ordered a new one.
In case anyone wants a 1.4 m balanced Lavricables Grand with Furutech plugs, and can re-solder the mini xlr's himself, let me know, and I'll let it go for a low price :)

Sep 10, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #2,965 of 5,608
Well I had the same issue, but I have the solid core Grand. A friend tried to re-terminate it , but it's not as easy as switching out the connector, it actually needs to be changed from single ended to balanced. After a month of fiddling he finally got it working, but i'm not very happy with the result, so I ordered a new one.
In case anyone wants a 1.4 m balanced Lavricables Grand with Furutech plugs, and can re-solder the mini xlr's himself, let me know, and I'll let it go for a low price :)
I see. Do you think I will have the same issue with the non solid core version?

Moon audio said they can do it for $45-50 plus shipping. I was going to provide the XLR cable.

Sep 10, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #2,966 of 5,608
I see. Do you think I will have the same issue with the non solid core version?

Moon audio said they can do it for $45-50 plus shipping. I was going to provide the XLR cable.
Not if you send it to a pro. I just don’t know any and it’s too much hassle. Prob should’ve went with Lavricables from the start.

Sep 12, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #2,968 of 5,608
Vocal

Edit: was doing a search. Messed up. Please ignore as I don’t see an option to delete message.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #2,969 of 5,608
I want to share a personal plan with all my partners and friends in HeadFi forum. I'll take a long break later this month, and this will probably last till the end of 2022. I'll stay out of the radar completely and will resurface when I am fit to handle my job again. If you need any assistance on Meze Audio products, please feel free to PM @MezeTeam or left your message on Meze Audio Contact page. I'll hand over my ongoing activities/PM to them gradually next week. I really enjoy my time with the HeadFi forum and am looking forward to meeting with you again after my long vacation.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 12, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #2,970 of 5,608
I want to share a personal plan with all my partners and friends in HeadFi forum. I'll take a long break later this month, and this will probably last till the end of 2022. I'll stay out of the radar completely and will resurface when I am fit to handle my job again. If you need any assistance on Meze Audio products, please feel free to PM @MezeTeam or left your message on Meze Audio Contact page. I'll hand over my ongoing activities/PM to them gradually next week. I really enjoy my time with the HeadFi forum and am looking forward to meeting with you again after my long vacation.
Have a good rest Andy and thanks for your commitment to this work!

Users who are viewing this thread

• cr11
Back