MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 12, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #2,972 of 5,606
I want to share a personal plan with all my partners and friends in HeadFi forum. I'll take a long break later this month, and this will probably last till the end of 2022. I'll stay out of the radar completely and will resurface when I am fit to handle my job again. If you need any assistance on Meze Audio products, please feel free to PM @MezeTeam or left your message on Meze Audio Contact page. I'll hand over my ongoing activities/PM to them gradually next week. I really enjoy my time with the HeadFi forum and am looking forward to meeting with you again after my long vacation.
I appreciate all that you’ve done as a faithful member here on head-fi Andy. From arranging tours to answering all the questions members ask. You’ll be missed. Enjoy your time away :beerchug:

Sep 12, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #2,973 of 5,606
I want to share a personal plan with all my partners and friends in HeadFi forum. I'll take a long break later this month, and this will probably last till the end of 2022. I'll stay out of the radar completely and will resurface when I am fit to handle my job again. If you need any assistance on Meze Audio products, please feel free to PM @MezeTeam or left your message on Meze Audio Contact page. I'll hand over my ongoing activities/PM to them gradually next week. I really enjoy my time with the HeadFi forum and am looking forward to meeting with you again after my long vacation.
Enjoy the vacation.
Looking forward to your return.

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #2,974 of 5,606
Elites have arrived yesterday. First listening impressions are beyond expectation.
Comparing Euforia and Niimbus 4+ I have a clear prefernce for the Euforia.
So Niimbus 4+ as preamp into the Euforia is now my perfect setup.

Sep 14, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #2,975 of 5,606
Definitely get rid of the stock cable. I'm not a big cable "believer" , but when I first heard the Elites with the stock cable, I found them "diffuse" , though I initially called them "veiled". The silver plated upgrade cable is much better.
I'm curious how you'll find the Lavricables Grand , because I also have a pair lying around( with a bent connector), which I was considering re-terminating to mini XLR to use with the Elite instead of the Z1r. The upgrade cable does at least feel nicer than the Lavri though.
You are on to something with the stock copper cable. Very harsh and smears the picture. Using a Lavricable Grand which makes it much more enjoyable. Looking to try the Magnus on it as I think, I'm into excellent copper cables for my cans. You still get all the micro detail with an ever so slight roundness.

I got to get my Lavricable re-terminated to XLR as well if I decide to keep the Elites. Trying to find a good partner for the Susvara. :)

Sep 14, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #2,976 of 5,606
You are on to something with the stock copper cable. Very harsh and smears the picture. Using a Lavricable Grand which makes it much more enjoyable. Looking to try the Magnus on it as I think, I'm into excellent copper cables for my cans. You still get all the micro detail with an ever so slight roundness.

I got to get my Lavricable re-terminated to XLR as well if I decide to keep the Elites. Trying to find a good partner for the Susvara. :)
My second Lavri grand is at the post office as we speak, picking it up tomorrow and will compare to the Silver plated upgrade cable. I might get my solid core Lavri grand sorted out at one point, but probably keeping it for my next headphone.

Sep 14, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #2,977 of 5,606
My second Lavri grand is at the post office as we speak, picking it up tomorrow and will compare to the Silver plated upgrade cable. I might get my solid core Lavri grand sorted out at one point, but probably keeping it for my next headphone.
Coolio. Let me know your thoughts. I'll tell you guys how the Magnus sounds once I buy an adapter from Sean.

Sep 14, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #2,978 of 5,606
Waiting for your thoughts on Lavri vs Meze silver plated :wink:

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #2,979 of 5,606
Trying out the Elites. Planning to keep Susvara and will keep either SolP or Elites. SolP is definitely more technical, it competes with Susvara. Great cans. Not sure if I need two technical TOTL monsters. Elites are a downgrade in many aspects but I noticed I was just listening without "technical listening". They remind me of a less intimate, upgraded HD600.

Regarding vocals, I still think Susvara takes the cake. Right now I'm messing with Alcantara pads on the Elites. I like the rounded relaxed sound although it loses some technicalities. Something different from Susvara.

Soundstage seems wider on the SolP. Sub-bass and technicalities of bass easily go to SolP. Elites were brighter than I initially thought. Mids on the Elites I find to be more forward than SolP and Susvara but not too much like LCD5.

Stock cable is indeed a limiting factor with the Elites. It sounded less technical. Sub par instrument separation and harsher peaks in the FR was more apparent. Using the Lavricables Grand it became smoother, clearer, instrument separation improved. I definitely want to try them out with the Arctic Magnus. I just need to get an adapter.

SolP is amazing but I prefer the Susvara. They go head to head, more than the LCD5 I think. I was not a big fan of the TCs. Elites could be a very good complimentary can. I need to test it out for a few weeks and come up with a conclusion. I just cant handle clutter and excessiveness, too many cans stress me out.

Attachments

• 68487736119--D615611B-A4D8-4E63-935E-3AC0AF7CB8CA.jpg
    68487736119--D615611B-A4D8-4E63-935E-3AC0AF7CB8CA.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-0628.jpg
    IMG-0628.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 14, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #2,980 of 5,606
Trying out the Elites. Planning to keep Susvara and will keep either SolP or Elites. SolP is definitely more technical, it competes with Susvara. Great cans. Not sure if I need to technical TOTL monsters. Elites are a downgrade in many aspects but I noticed I was just listening without "technical listening". They remind me of a less intimate, upgraded HD600.

Regarding vocals, I still think Susvara takes the cake. Right now I'm messing with Alcantara pads on the Elites. I like the rounded relaxed sound. Something different from Susvara.

Soundstage seems wider on the SolP. Sub-bass and technicalities of bass easily go to SolP. Elites were brighter than I initially thought. Mids on the Elites I find to be more forward than SolP and Susvara but not too much like LCD5.

Stack cable is indeed a limiting factor with the Elites. It sounded less technical. Sub par instrument separation and harsher peaks in the FR was more apparent. Using the Lavricables Grand it became smoother, clearer, instrument separation improved. I definitely want to try them out with the Arctic Magnus. I just need to get an adapter.

SolP is amazing but I prefer the Susvara. They go head to head, more than the LCD5 I think. I was not a big fan of the TCs. Elites could be a very good complimentary can. I need to test it out for a few weeks and come up with a conclusion. I just cant handle clutter and excessiveness, too many cans stress me out.
I can tell you off the bat single ended on Elite vs Balanced on Susvara is not a fair fight :p . I've only stuck to the leather ones since day 1. The Alcantara seem to have less clarity to me. They sound a bit veiled.

Sep 14, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #2,981 of 5,606
I can tell you off the bat single ended on Elite vs Balanced on Susvara is not a fair fight :p . I've only stuck to the leather ones since day 1. The Alcantara seem to have less clarity to me. They sound a bit veiled.
Definitely a little more veiled but reminds me of that Sennheiser veil. Nice if one wants to relax. But Hybrid pads are technically better in most aspects. I need to re-terminate :).

Sep 14, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #2,982 of 5,606
Soundstage seems wider on the SolP.
If the Solp are also balanced, i'd hold off until you hear the Elites balanced on the Oor. The difference is very noticeable. With the leather pads and balanced cable I found them on par technically with the Susvara, though that was my first experience with both of them. Detail was all there for me, just presented differently.
I just cant handle clutter and excessiveness, too many cans stress me out.
Same here, part of the reason why I'm eager to get rid of Dave lol.

Sep 14, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #2,983 of 5,606
If the Solp are also balanced, i'd hold off until you hear the Elites balanced on the Oor. The difference is very noticeable. With the leather pads and balanced cable I found them on par technically with the Susvara, though that was my first experience with both of them. Detail was all there for me, just presented differently.

Same here, part of the reason why I'm eager to get rid of Dave lol.
The Dave is sad to here this ... what would you get again?

Sep 14, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #2,985 of 5,606
I been using Tidal for a long time. Always stuck to it as I thought it had a little better album selection than Qobuz. Sound quality wise I couldn't tell the difference between the two.

My Tidal subscription was coming to an end so I decided to give Qobuz another go but this time with the Elites. And what a revelation! Welcome Dynamics. Qobuz has way more dynamic range than Tidal and this is so clear to listen to on the Elites. I also thought the Qobuz app is better than the Audirvana app. The Dynamic range just disappears on Audirvana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back