MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 17, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #3,001 of 5,608
Every year when the temperatures are falling I like to switch to the Alcantara pads for a while.

That cozy feel is something special

Sep 17, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #3,002 of 5,608
I can imagine 6V to Burson GT would be too monstrous for Elite. Agree on your take about Susvara. I do still like it so much though, but building set up around it is kind of hassle for my current situation.

Yes. I own Elite and Verite. After tried Atrium for a week in my system, now I'm thinking to sell Verite and change to Atrium.

In general, Elite wins almost in all aspect, detail, transparency, soundstage, imaging, speed in complex passage, texture in vocal, sub bass response, and overall enjoyment. Atrium still perform great in technicality of course, but not up to Elite's level yet (Atrium is better than Empyrean though).

A bit hard to compare ZMF to other brand, there is always "specialty" about their "woody" sound. Unique character that may become addictive. Affect me so damn hard apparently.

In my case, the more laidback midrange and closer to neutral of Verite sound, may overlapped a bit with Elite. Atrium produce something more different here. More bold in character, more forward, more energetic. Yes in ultimate detail, Verite still win (only slight though), but I have Elite for that. Atrium bring more differences in character when compared to Elite.
Would you say the Atriums are much warmer than the Elites? I found the Elites to be brighter than expected.

Sep 17, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #3,003 of 5,608
Hey everyone! I've been reading through this thread and I appreciate all the various responses you all have provided. My question for those of you who still own the Elite is how far behind are they in terms of technicalities compared to other TOTL cans?

I see so many conflicting opinions online (especially from YouTubers) on how these do not sound like $4,000 headphones, but reading this thread makes me question the accuracy of that opinion.

Sep 17, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #3,004 of 5,608
Hey everyone! I've been reading through this thread and I appreciate all the various responses you all have provided. My question for those of you who still own the Elite is how far behind are they in terms of technicalities compared to other TOTL cans?

I see so many conflicting opinions online (especially from YouTubers) on how these do not sound like $4,000 headphones, but reading this thread makes me question the accuracy of that opinion.
They are not behind at all.
Except for maybe Susvara and Solitaire P which have like a 2% edge over the Elite.

The presentation is different but the Elites are technically extremely proficient.

Sep 17, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #3,005 of 5,608
Except for maybe Susvara and Solitaire P which have like a 2% edge over the Elite.

The presentation is different but the Elites are technically extremely proficient.
As a Susvara and Elite owner I’d say that it’s more around 8-9%. 2% is way too kind to the Elites. But it’s all relative depending on how each meets your personal preferences

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #3,006 of 5,608

You need to consider the technical performance alongside the balanced frequency response and tonality of the Elites.
Some of the best amps and speakers I have ever heard seemed fairly ordinary at first listen but, over time, they were superb simply doing everything right but nothing extraordinarily.

I was once served deconstructed fish and chips at an expensive restaurant. Not my cup of tea at all. I much preferred a great portion of fish and chips from a great chippie.
The Elites are like those great fish and chips from a great chippie!

Unless, of course, you like to analyse and pull apart the music into its constituent parts.
I prefer to simply engage and enjoy and, for that, the Elites are definitely TOTL on my opinion.

Sep 17, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #3,007 of 5,608
Well, I’m selling my Elites.

I actually like these very much … way better than Empyrean. But my ears prefer my just-arrived Atrium, and I can’t afford to keep both.

Sep 17, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #3,008 of 5,608
As a Susvara and Elite owner I’d say that it’s more around 8-9%. 2% is way too kind to the Elites. But it’s all relative depending on how each meets your personal preferences
I think it's more of a preference thing. Having heard both of them I'd kind of have to disagree here. The Susvara have soft bass and a smaller soundstage. I couldn't really find an area I liked more on them. I do get the appeal though.
I'd also point out that the rest of the chain also matters a lot. Elites sounded on par with Susvara with Dave+Oor, but they also scaled hugely when using Lina +clock and Oor. So I see no bottleneck, just different flavors between them.
FWIW I've also abandoned Hqplayer after that comparison, as I've found it does more harm than good.

Sep 17, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #3,009 of 5,608
Well percentages here don't make much sense, I just put 2% because for me the difference is super small.

The Susvara and Solitaire P are better suited if you want to strictly Analyze the music (and your gear) but it still feels like it’s a matter of taste regarding the presentation.

To someone who is primarily after analyzing music, the perceived difference might be bigger. It's all relative after all.

Sep 17, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #3,010 of 5,608
Well percentages here don't make much sense, I just put 2% because for me the difference is super small.

The Susvara and Solitaire P are better suited if you want to strictly Analyze the music (and your gear) but it still feels like it’s a matter of taste regarding the presentation.

To someone who is primarily after analyzing music, the perceived difference might be bigger. It's all relative after all.
I 2nd this.
I ve owned both Susvara and TC but settled on SolP and Elite for simplicity and ergonomy reasons (and as Susvara bass was lacking for me either)
SolP is giving me details, pinpoint seperation and localization plus subbass.
As I need more upfront vocals I need to EQ SolP.
Elite is the headphone to grap for to just enjoy music without thinking and analyzing but once doing so not feeling to compromise.
For vocals I d give the point to Elite for it's very good timbre compared to SolP.
Maybe Susvara was slightly more textured and detailed but from overall jack of all trades satisfaction and engaging experience I prefer these 2 cans for simplicity Elite all day.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #3,011 of 5,608
Would you say the Atriums are much warmer than the Elites? I found the Elites to be brighter than expected.
Yes, Atrium is warmer, but at the same time also felt less transparent. Atrium has more "jumpy" feeling though, I think due to its nature being dynamic driver (or perhaps the tuning). Elite on the other hand is more liquid and smoother for each note's transition.

Sep 17, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #3,012 of 5,608
No. With lambskin Universe pads and the open mesh Atrium are about the same or slightly brighter than Elite … pretty close though.

With leather pads on Elite, silver cable makes either one brighter than the other via a copper cable. So darn close. Elite a bit darker w/ alcantara pads. Atrium via silver cable vs Elite w/ alcantara via copper becomes ‘noticeably brighter’. Might get the opposite result by comparing Elite/leather pads/silver cable vs Atrium/suede pads/copper cable — especially if swap to the solid mesh on Atrium.

But really, back to my first paragraph, pretty close tonality. To my ears, from my chain, so JMHO.

Sep 17, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #3,013 of 5,608

Nice. Did yo get
No. With lambskin Universe pads and the open mesh Atrium are about the same or slightly brighter than Elite … pretty close though.

With leather pads on Elite, silver cable makes either one brighter than the other via a copper cable. So darn close. Elite a bit darker w/ alcantara pads. Atrium via silver cable vs Elite w/ alcantara via copper becomes ‘noticeably brighter’. Might get the opposite result by comparing Elite/leather pads/silver cable vs Atrium/suede pads/copper cable — especially if swap to the solid mesh on Atrium.

But really, back to my first paragraph, pretty close tonality. To my ears, from my chain, so JMHO.
so what are the best pads for a darker signature but retaining soundstage? People like copper cable with it?

Sep 17, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #3,014 of 5,608

If you do audition them, take them home for a week. You need to spend time with them and then you will realise what they are and why they are tuned in a certain way. When I first got mine, I was almost ready to send them back. But a few days later after my ears had adjusted to them... I was in love.

They are not the last word in resolution as the others have mentioned. But it's purposely kept that way so that average recordings still sound good with these. I have had Stax SR007 mk1 before and anything less than a stellar recording sounded bad. The Elites are detailed for sure but more laid back than other headphones which are tuned brighter to give the perception of better resolution and details.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #3,015 of 5,608
… so what are the best pads for a darker signature but retaining soundstage? People like copper cable with it?
I’d call it either/or. Warmer from alcantara but more open headstage from leather. I preferred a silver cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back