MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 19, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #3,031 of 5,620
Well, a lot more or a little more is pretty subjective word. Also I believe our playlist and set up do the big role here. Agree that Susvara has one of the best midrange out there, pretty hard to beat. It's just that I prefer Elite's midrange more.

I own Atrium, as my tandem with Elite. However currently I'm in the process to switch back to Verite, as somehow I still prefer Verite for Dynamic Driver.

Haven't heard 109 but review seems promising. Newer Meze like Liric and Advar actually is a bit bright and thin for me, so if you like this kind of signature could be Elite felt a bit too warm.
Yup you said a “little more” and I said “a lot more” lol. Not much to go on. I’d say 30% more detail as a ballpark figure. What is your chain again?

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #3,033 of 5,620
Sep 19, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #3,035 of 5,620
Well, a lot more or a little more is pretty subjective word. Also I believe our playlist and set up do the big role here. Agree that Susvara has one of the best midrange out there, pretty hard to beat. It's just that I prefer Elite's midrange more.

I own Atrium, as my tandem with Elite. However currently I'm in the process to switch back to Verite, as somehow I still prefer Verite for Dynamic Driver.

Haven't heard 109 but review seems promising. Newer Meze like Liric and Advar actually is a bit bright and thin for me, so if you like this kind of signature could be Elite felt a bit too warm.
Could be, though the LCD-5's are very mid-forward and I love them. I'll probably give them another trial listen sometime in the upcoming weeks to see if listening to them from a fresh perspective will change how I feel about them.

Sep 19, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #3,036 of 5,620
Could be, though the LCD-5's are very mid-forward and I love them. I'll probably give them another trial listen sometime in the upcoming weeks to see if listening to them from a fresh perspective will change how I feel about them.

LCD-5 is too raw for me, definitely need EQ. Actually I can enjoy MM-500 more if we judge them in stock without EQ.

Yup you said a “little more” and I said “a lot more” lol. Not much to go on. I’d say 30% more detail as a ballpark figure. What is your chain again?

Haha yeah.

Had tried to compared them in various set up (multiple times) that consist Chord TT2, DCS Bartok, Formula S/Powerman, Ultrasonic Telemachus, Cayin HA300-II. I can understand if people love Susvara so much, but not my cup of tea. If only Elite is not exist, I may own Susvara.

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #3,037 of 5,620
Well, shipping my Elite off today. They'll be missed, but I have my Atrium to console me :)

Again, didn't dislike them, and if Atrium hadn't shown up, I would have kept them. But I couldn't afford to keep both.

Gave them a 'farewell' listen last night before boxing up. Great headphones! Miles better than Empyrean for my tastes.

All that said, I likely won't post to this thread much in the future.

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #3,038 of 5,620
20220922_113938.jpg

For sale in the classified section. Silver upgrade cable 1.2m length.

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #3,039 of 5,620
< sorry, wrong thread >

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #3,040 of 5,620
The Elites are so good. But you can get used to even the best sound in the world.

That is why I challenge my Elites with some other great headphones every now and then. The last challenge made me realize after 9 months of ownership that the Meze flagship still is the very best for me by a good mile.

That said, I can't wait to listen to the Meze 109Pro, ZMF Atrium and the new ZMF Caldera. I am pretty confident the Elite for me would best the 109 and Atrium but that planar from Zach is super intriguing despite the fact ZMF dynamic headphones didn't really hit the sweet spot for me yet I truly admire them.

Sep 23, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #3,041 of 5,620
Hey Elite owners! Quick question for you all. How would you describe the overall tuning of the Elites? Would you characterize it as being an overall neutral headphone, V-Shaped, bass boosted, etc.? When I tried them on at a local shop, they seemed to be tuned very similarly to the LCD-5's I own (neutral with a slight emphasis in the mid-range) but it was hard to tell as I didn't have an LCD-5 to compare it to directly.

I'm asking as if I do decide to buy the Elites, I'd sell my LCD-5's first, but I want to make sure I can properly mix the music I make with them with accuracy (which the LCD-5's absolutely excel at).

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #3,042 of 5,620
Hey Elite owners! Quick question for you all. How would you describe the overall tuning of the Elites? Would you characterize it as being an overall neutral headphone, V-Shaped, bass boosted, etc.? When I tried them on at a local shop, they seemed to be tuned very similarly to the LCD-5's I own (neutral with a slight emphasis in the mid-range) but it was hard to tell as I didn't have an LCD-5 to compare it to directly.

I'm asking as if I do decide to buy the Elites, I'd sell my LCD-5's first, but I want to make sure I can properly mix the music I make with them with accuracy (which the LCD-5's absolutely excel at).
LCD5 midrange is a lot more forward than the Elites. I think LCD5 midrange is too forward. Elite is a nice balance. Elites have a wide soundstage. LCD5 is very intimate. I believe from memory the Elites have a brighter treble than the LCD5.

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #3,043 of 5,620
LCD5 midrange is a lot more forward than the Elites. I think LCD5 midrange is too forward. Elite is a nice balance. Elites have a wide soundstage. LCD5 is very intimate. I believe from memory the Elites have a brighter treble than the LCD5.
Thanks! It definitely seemed like the Elites had a brighter treble (at least without any EQ) compared to the LCD-5's. The main reason I may look to sell the LCD's in favor of the Elites is mainly due to comfort. Although I've gotten used to the clamp force on the LCD-5's since I've owned them, at times it can still be bothersome, especially as I have a small head and can deal with pretty bad sinus issues during the month, so that extra bit of pressure can really add up in terms of discomfort during long listening sessions.

I just refuse to buy from any other high-end brand either due to comfort concerns and/or build quality at this summit-fi price range.

Sep 24, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #3,044 of 5,620
Has anyone heard the Elites with the Violectric HPA V550 (or 590)? I listened to the Elites when I went to CanJam London, driven by a Ferrum Erco+Hypsos, and I really enjoyed the sound of that system. I have the V550 and really like the amp. I was wondering if I can expect a similar experience with the V550 and the Elites. Has anyone heard the Elites with the Violectric gear or was even able to compare these amps to the Ferrum amps?

Sep 24, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #3,045 of 5,620
Thanks! It definitely seemed like the Elites had a brighter treble (at least without any EQ) compared to the LCD-5's. The main reason I may look to sell the LCD's in favor of the Elites is mainly due to comfort. Although I've gotten used to the clamp force on the LCD-5's since I've owned them, at times it can still be bothersome, especially as I have a small head and can deal with pretty bad sinus issues during the month, so that extra bit of pressure can really add up in terms of discomfort during long listening sessions.

I just refuse to buy from any other high-end brand either due to comfort concerns and/or build quality at this summit-fi price range.
FWIW I had multiple side by side home demos before deciding between these 2 and Susvara. While I really loved the LCD-5 the first time I had it (except the comfort, which was horrendous for me), when I had the Elites here as well, listening to the LCD-5 felt like a chore. I didn't even want to compare them anymore. They are a lot more musical and balanced overall, with a considerably bigger soundstage and more dynamics. Midrange was too forward on the LCD-5 for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back