MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 7, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #2,941 of 5,620
That review is spot on for my impressions too.
I personally wouldn't trade the SolP for Elites but enjoying Elites nevertheless for their musicality and timbre, playing every genre with ease, better suited for bad recordings like some older metal and can be even easier driven by DAPs (but likes better amplification as discussed before)
Have to say though that I am enjoying things like my Chill hop Playlist more on SolP as it's tighter and more spatial.
Am experiencing the spatial qualities of Holo Spring 3 more on SolP whereas on Elite the difference between direct output of my HA200 or Spring 3 over HA200 isn't as striking (positioning of instruments is more diffuse in direct comparison to SolP).
Have to say though that SolP is a master of instrument seperation and pinpoint localization and in that regards trumping even Susvara which has a nice stage but not as much pinpoint holografy as SolP imho.
I'd say Susvara is more musical than SolP and slightly more textured but missing bass amount satisfaction for my taste.

I've got rid of Susvara hesitantly though

From its tonality SolP bass is more dry TC like (though cannot reach TC amount) and Elites bass tonality is more leaning towards warm and soft in direct comparison - I personally prefer dry and hard.

As usual an ideal headphone would be a mix of all with the tight dry bass from SolP and its spatial qualities, Elites timbre and comfort and Susvaras effortless textured detail and treble extension.

Another thing worth to be mentioned is need for equing.
I personally put on the ultra wide pads onto the SolPs which are opening up the upper registers and leading to a more Susvara like open presentation (though won't reach Susvaras presentation there fully), mids are still quite recessed compared to Harman target.
I am bumping those.
Bass usually doesn't need eq but is also recessed due to the ultra wide pads and can need some increase to compensate (or loudness on my HA200).
On Susvaras I ve tried PEQ for bass shelves too once I had them as the stock bass amount didn't satisfy me.
With Elites I can play straight stock without need for equing (loudness for some more fun).
So I can play straight Apple Music without always looking for a Roon source which I can equ.
That's a great advantage over the mentioned other TOTLs imho.
As usual all a personal view...
Do you find the midrange to be more recessed on the Elites vs the SolP? Thanks

Sep 7, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #2,942 of 5,620
1662559259360.png

109's finally coming

What a photographer!
It took time to figure out how to make such a picture out if this headphone:

Meze109-with-Envy.jpg

(Taken at High End Munnich)

Sep 7, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #2,943 of 5,620
Tried the Alcantara pads briefly. While intially they sound good but I missed the lushness of the Hybrids. Alcantara makes them sound like a Hifiman. Boosted upper mids to give the illusion of more resolution IMO. Back to the Hybrids.

Sep 7, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #2,944 of 5,620
I only tried the Alcantara pads for about 10 minutes once and then went right back to the Hybrids. I found the clarity to be impacted in a pretty negative way. Everything sounded a little fuzzy around the edges. It might work well for certain genres of music for some people’s preferences, but I find the Hybrid pads better for me across the board.

Sep 7, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #2,945 of 5,620
Bought some Elites. Can’t wait to test them out.

Sep 8, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #2,947 of 5,620
Do you find the midrange to be more recessed on the Elites vs the SolP? Thanks
Vice versa
Midrange is clearly recessed on the SolP vs Elite which is more balanced.
That's one of the reasons I often grap the Elites as these are plug and play without need for equing for some average Playlist (still prefer loudness / bass shelf for more thumping bass on both SolP and Elite)

Sep 8, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #2,948 of 5,620
What a photographer!
It took time to figure out how to make such a picture out if this headphone:

Meze109-with-Envy.jpg
(Taken at High End Munnich)
If these sound 90% of my recently bought Elites, Imma be pissed 😂 but happy for everyone else

Sep 8, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #2,949 of 5,620
If these sound 90% of my recently bought Elites, Imma be pissed 😂 but happy for everyone else
That's the fun part.
Statements like 90% of headphones XY are completely unverifyable.

For some they are close enough, for others the missing 10% create 90% of the enjoyment.

Sep 8, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #2,950 of 5,620
That's the fun part.
Statements like 90% of headphones XY are completely unverifyable.

For some they are close enough, for others the missing 10% create 90% of the enjoyment.
Yeah it’s all relative. It’s so hyped I feel like maybe it sounds like the Elite driven by portable vs an Elite from a totl desktop amp, is what I meant. But it doesn’t matter; we’re all excited ❤️

Sep 8, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #2,951 of 5,620
Yeah it’s all relative. It’s so hyped I feel like maybe it sounds like the Elite driven by portable vs an Elite from a totl desktop amp, is what I meant. But it doesn’t matter; we’re all excited ❤️
Personally I expect them to sound very different.
I expect an overear Advar more than anything else

The differences in driver tech alone should create vast differences in tonality.
However this is exactly what Spikes my interest.

If it's something completely different yet enjoyable, it has a place in my collection.
If it sounds like a technically inferior Elite, it is of no use to me

Sep 8, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #2,952 of 5,620
Do not worry. Until you define a numeric measurement with linear scale how good a HP is, I can not say that percentage.
I was concentrating more on the Envy than the 109, and that might have been a prototype, but for me the Elite was in a different league.

Sep 8, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #2,953 of 5,620
That's a bold Statement.
Can you give some detail, what do they better than the Solitaire P for you?
I own the Susvara and planning to keep SolP or Elite. Which one do you like better or is it hard to pick? Thanks

Sep 8, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #2,954 of 5,620
Don't be, these play in the same ballpark. I just sold the Soli P (abyss before that) and I'm impressed by the Elite.
TCs tonal balance is off. Very aggressive sounding can with obvious recessed midrange.

Sep 9, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #2,955 of 5,620
I own the Susvara and planning to keep SolP or Elite. Which one do you like better or is it hard to pick? Thanks
Overall if I had to pick one to keep it would be the Elite.

However both have their strengths and I actually prefer both over the Susvara.

Very tough choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back