MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Aug 31, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #2,911 of 5,640
Sep 1, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #2,913 of 5,640
LOL. I'll grant you the Norne and Elrogs. Elite. :thumbsdown::smiling_imp:

Oooh and MELZ!
I see your Elrogs, Melz, and Elite, and raise you Envy and all Hapa cables/interconnects!

Audio poker. Much better than video poker.

But I’m bluffing, because I await Envy replacement and Elrog arrival next week. At least your other Melz came fast to me.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #2,914 of 5,640
Did somebody say "Meze Elite Dark Mystery with a Norne Solvine on a Woo Audio WA5-LE with Elrog and Melz tubes"???

Because that's what I heard20220831_193731.jpg
Huh, I am in the market for a new cable for my Elites, but i was thinking getting another Lavricables Grand. Mine was...unsuccessfully modified recently. I'm curious how the Norne would compare.

Sep 1, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #2,915 of 5,640
Huh, I am in the market for a new cable for my Elites, but i was thinking getting another Lavricables Grand. Mine was...unsuccessfully modified recently. I'm curious how the Norne would compare.
I've never owned a Lavricable, but I've got quite a few Norne, and love them all. I happened to find the Solvine used on another site and bought it just because I have a compulsive need to collect things. It's a thicker-gauge version of my Einvaldi, which, in turn, is an older version of their current flagship.

Sep 1, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #2,916 of 5,640
Lavri Grand works very well with Elites. Love mine.
Prefer the AW Noir hybrid with my Verite Closed.
It's great that Meze and ZMF use same headphone interconnects 😃

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #2,917 of 5,640
I see your Elrogs, Melz, and Elite, and raise you Envy and all Hapa cables/interconnects!

Audio poker. Much better than video poker.

But I’m bluffing, because I await Envy replacement and Elrog arrival next week. At least your other Melz came fast to me.
You barge in and you have the nerve to accuse me of using the Elite. How dare you! I would never! You confuse me for Thanatos. PFFFFFFF. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I feel Santafied as all received their MELZ.

They won't unstink your Elite, but enjoy nonetheless all the more.

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #2,918 of 5,640
You barge in and you have the nerve to accuse me of using the Elite. How dare you! I would never! You confuse me for Thanatos. PFFFFFFF. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I feel Santafied as all received their MELZ.

They won't unstink your Elite, but enjoy nonetheless all the more.
Always a pleasure to have you, lol

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #2,919 of 5,640
🤣🤣👍

Sep 3, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #2,920 of 5,640
Well, I’ve now played ‘musical chains’ w/ my Elite. (drumroll please) favorite chain is:

mScaler (coax out) ==> Audio-gd Master 11 (preamp out) ==> DSHA-3F ==> Elite

After that:

mScaler ==> TT2 ==> DSHA-3F ==> Elite
mScaler (coax out) ==> Audio-gd Master 11 ==> Elite
mScaler ==> TT2 (preamp out) ==> Audio-gd Master 11 (amp only) ==> Elite

are all pretty close.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #2,921 of 5,640
Interesting observations with family and friends who try the elites who aren’t audiophiles.

Using the copper upgrade cable, people spend the whole time complimentary them, loving them, etc.

Using the stock cable however, people have been quiet actually, focusing and many eventually shedding a tear or two. And some with a tear or two take them off early and either tell me the story behind the song they put on or how the headphone brought emotion to the song in general.

Sep 4, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #2,922 of 5,640
Found my 1266TC another home so I can make space for the Elite beside the Susvara. Just smarter to have an easy-to-drive TOTL for my travelling to/fro home country, or for use in more areas of the house. Now, to back-read 195 pages 😅

8DF6D379-55FD-47BD-B6E6-5074B2E4182C.jpeg

Sep 4, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #2,923 of 5,640
Seems like it was in good timing I got the Elite, as the Cayin HA-3A just came out and is available at a nearby shop. Looks like it’s quite the perfect match; Cayin’s Andy Kong uses the Elite with the new HA-3A as the primary pairing. Good price too.

And a promising review: https://www.headfonia.com/cayin-ha-3a-review/

Sep 4, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #2,924 of 5,640
Seems like it was in good timing I got the Elite, as the Cayin HA-3A just came out and is available at a nearby shop. Looks like it’s quite the perfect match; Cayin’s Andy Kong uses the Elite with the new HA-3A as the primary pairing. Good price too.

And a promising review: https://www.headfonia.com/cayin-ha-3a-review/
I only know the "bigger" Ha-6A, but Mezes seem to pair well with the current Cayin lineup from what I read

Sep 4, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #2,925 of 5,640
Really enjoying some classic rock from this chain:

mScaler (coax out) ==> Audio-gd Master 11 (preamp out) ==> DSHA-3F ==> Elite

Immigrant Song followed by White Room, Jingo, Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’, Magic Bus, To Cry You a Song — all conveying the powerful impact and emotion of this music. I’d call Elites from this chain Masters of Classic Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back