Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #4,564 of 7,702
Man these sound so good with the gear I have. This is one fine sounding headphone and am very happy to have it in my collection.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #4,565 of 7,702
Man these sound so good with the gear I have. This is one fine sounding headphone and am very happy to have it in my collection.
I see you are using a tube amp with the 99 Classics. I read several reviews on here that wasn't good for them. How do they sound? Does it warm them up like a tube amp? What do the mounts the tubes are on do? Thanks.

I will see you later today.

Dec 4, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #4,568 of 7,702
How do you find the balanced cable compared to the stock supplied S.E. My short cable seems to have developed some unwanted twists so if I buy arepleacement would be good to know.

Thanks
The Meze OCC Copper balanced cable is very well made , but it it have some twists . In contrary the newest Meze (99$) OFC Silver plated Copper balanced cable don't have any twist at all ! Hope it will help to you . Thanks

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #4,569 of 7,702
The Meze OCC Copper balanced cable is very well made , but it it have some twists . In contrary the newest Meze (99$) OFC Silver plated Copper balanced cable don't have any twist at all ! Hope it will help to you . Thanks

Thank you for taking the trouble to answer, does the cable have any affect on the audio quality apart from the volume and are you using amp 6..

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #4,570 of 7,702
Meze copper OCC 2.5 balanced cable
Is that cable you have from Meze? I had one given to me that I can't use because it has the 2.5mm TRRS end and I need a 3.5mm. I haven't found an adapter that still gives me a balanced connection. I have seen them on Amazon that will fit the 99 Classics that is balanced but can't seem to locate it again.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #4,571 of 7,702
Is that cable you have from Meze? I had one given to me that I can't use because it has the 2.5mm TRRS end and I need a 3.5mm. I haven't found an adapter that still gives me a balanced connection. I have seen them on Amazon that will fit the 99 Classics that is balanced but can't seem to locate it again.

Does anyone know where I can find one?
3.5TRRS balanced is not common on audio players.

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #4,573 of 7,702
3.5mm is what is on my MacBook Pro and iPad
Yes and they aren't Balanced so not point in a balanced cable. You can buy a balanced cable and get an adapter to 3.5 but you won't have any benefit since your source is not balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back