Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #5,821 of 7,681
Hello.
I don't know if it can help you, but i bought the smaller pads from Meze at the same time as the Yaxi earpads.
I haven't tried them, since i installed the Yaxi earpads, but the smaller pads looks more rounded than the stock pads..
I'm not sure if they are the original pads that everyone is talking of.
https://imgur.com/a/Le3kqNl
Left : small pads
Right : stock pads

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #5,823 of 7,681
I just installed the YAXI stPad2 earpads on my Meze 99 Classics...

Love these Yaxi pads too!. It's been on my Meze 99c since I last post about them here (with photos).

Aug 1, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #5,824 of 7,681
I just installed the YAXI stPad2 earpads on my Meze 99 Classics which are connected to my FiiO K3 using the balanced output and the balanced cable from Meze.
The sound is pretty much perfect for me to be honest, the bass doesn't bleed into the midrange anymore.
Really happy with them.

Love these Yaxi pads too!. It's been on my Meze 99c since I last post about them here (with photos).

Just bought the YAXI stPad2 directly from their website (free shipping from Japan), as the amazon.de offer would have been more expensive and would have also been send from Japan.
Really looking forward to test these earpads.

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #5,825 of 7,681
hi everyone. DOES this EQ right?

AUDIOPHIL HEAVEN - its correct EQ? i trying to setting this from your review

upload_2019-8-1_13-38-59.png

Aug 2, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #5,829 of 7,681
hi everyone. DOES this EQ right?

AUDIOPHIL HEAVEN - its correct EQ? i trying to setting this from your review

you should quote me by my name, I can't see if you quote audiophile heaven :)

okay, so there are a few things.

You may want to give the 16 kHz a few dBs less

increase 20 kHz similar to 16 kHz

increase first two bands as well, for more sub bass and more impact

lower 100Hz a bit more

Should be a bit better

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #5,831 of 7,681
Do the Yaxi pads make the bass lighter? I like the bass and stock sound of Meze 99 classics. Should I use the Yaxi pads? Thanks

Subjectively, I felt the Yaxi 'tighten' or 'rein in' the bass better. Bass didn't 'bleed' as much - if this makes any sense. I think the bass and fundamental characteristics of 99c are still all there.

Comfort is also another plus.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #5,833 of 7,681
@chungjun thank you! I see on the Yaxi website that they only have the blue and red backs of the YAXI stPad2 Earpads! Have you those? Do they have black ones?

https://www.yaxi.jp/onlineshop/
I don't feel like the bass loses energy with the Yaxi earpads, but the headphones definitely sound less muddy and more airy.
On yaxi website : stPad2 are black ones (which I have), stPad2-LR are blue/red ones.

Aug 4, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #5,835 of 7,681
@chungjun thank you! I see on the Yaxi website that they only have the blue and red backs of the YAXI stPad2 Earpads! Have you those? Do they have black ones?

https://www.yaxi.jp/onlineshop/

I bought the full black ones. I believe the "blue and red" are the ones for L/R indicators. From the drop down box, choose this (i.e. without / no LR in description):-

Screenshot_20190804-123003_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back