Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Aug 4, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #5,836 of 7,700
Thanks! I have bad experiences with the durability of some stock earpads of other headphones as they got damaged after less than a year of usage. Do you think the Yaxi pads have better durable materials?

I bought the full black ones. I believe the "blue and red" are the ones for L/R indicators. From the drop down box, choose this (i.e. without / no LR in description):-

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #5,837 of 7,700
Can't say for certain but so far so good. I've had the Yaxi since late March this year after my stock pads started to flake. I know what you mean (about durability), but I would treat any ear pads as 'consumables' (i.e. they do need a change every now and then). Much less so if it's real leather but real leather needs constant care too (at least in humid weather were I am).

Thanks! I have bad experiences with the durability of some stock earpads of other headphones as they got damaged after less than a year of usage. Do you think the Yaxi pads have better durable materials?

Aug 4, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #5,838 of 7,700
$42 direct isn't bad. Just ordered. Hopefully JP shipping is faster than China lol

Hope you'll enjoy it too! Let us know your impressions once you have it! Cheers!

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #5,845 of 7,700
I’ve had a pair for a few weeks now. My first impressions that they have a wayward bottom end still holds although eq if it’s available is a big help here. Without they can be a bit overwhelming for my tastes. Nevertheless for the money I think they are first rate if you like relaxed easy listening especially jazz. Think ZMF style tonality and you’re not far off. I’m only using a Dragonfly Cobalt so a beefy amp may control the bass better. On the other hand my Focal Stellias work ok with the DFC so are clearly more balanced but 10 times the price of course.

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #5,846 of 7,700
I’ve had a pair for a few weeks now. My first impressions that they have a wayward bottom end still holds although eq if it’s available is a big help here. Without they can be a bit overwhelming for my tastes. Nevertheless for the money I think they are first rate if you like relaxed easy listening especially jazz. Think ZMF style tonality and you’re not far off. I’m only using a Dragonfly Cobalt so a beefy amp may control the bass better. On the other hand my Focal Stellias work ok with the DFC so are clearly more balanced but 10 times the price of course.
I'm looking forward to a heavy bottom end after the clean sounds of the 800 and 800S.

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #5,850 of 7,700
:astonished:
Oh, 10x for the $.... very interesting comparation !:astonished: By the way, did you try the Meze Empyrean? How is the Focal Stellias vs Meze Empyrean please?

I know I know - but the Stellias are closed back whilst the Empyrean are open. I haven’t tried them as my open cans are Stax which I’m happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back