Meier Audio Daccord
Aug 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #301 of 715
Quote:
I'm glad you found something that worked; now set it up and prepare your ears for sonic beauty!                                                                     

+1  
beerchug.gif

I have reached another level of audio nirvana today.  Using the OPPO BDP-105 as a CD player I ran the digital coaxial into the Daccord>Corda Classic>T1, I have never heard those old CD's sound any better. Seriously expanded soundstage, both detailed and balanced.  The audio equivalent of moving up from 480i to 1080p in video.
I initially tried the HP out of the OPPO and it really didn't sound that bad, but the volume had to get cranked past the 70% level to get the T1's to get up to a routine volume level.  I tried adding the Corda Classic 1st and the audio was kicked up significantly. The Daccord addition completely blew me away.   

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #302 of 715
Quote:
+1  
beerchug.gif

I have reached another level of audio nirvana today.  Using the OPPO BDP-105 as a CD player I ran the digital coaxial into the Daccord>Corda Classic>T1, I have never heard those old CD's sound any better. Seriously expanded soundstage, both detailed and balanced.  The audio equivalent of moving up from 480i to 1080p in video.
I initially tried the HP out of the OPPO and it really didn't sound that bad, but the volume had to get cranked past the 70% level to get the T1's to get up to a routine volume level.  I tried adding the Corda Classic 1st and the audio was kicked up significantly. The Daccord addition completely blew me away.   

Sounds like the more time we each put into this extended audition of our new toys, the more we come to the same conclusion - the Daccord is ridiculous. Not to take away from the Classic, cause I find it to be a fantastic amp, but I think at the Daccord's price point it may be a special bargain. 

I'm going to be moving my headphone gear into my mini-HT room, so I'll finally be able to hear my Oppo as a music source, as well. I have the BDP-93, which is the non-audiophile version of that generation. You have the 105, is that the step up from the BDP-95 I assume? And there is a 103 model that would be the new version of my player? 

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #303 of 715
Quote:

Sounds like the more time we each put into this extended audition of our new toys, the more we come to the same conclusion - the Daccord is ridiculous. Not to take away from the Classic, cause I find it to be a fantastic amp, but I think at the Daccord's price point it may be a special bargain. 

I'm going to be moving my headphone gear into my mini-HT room, so I'll finally be able to hear my Oppo as a music source, as well. I have the BDP-93, which is the non-audiophile version of that generation. You have the 105, is that the step up from the BDP-95 I assume? And there is a 103 model that would be the new version of my player? 

I have an OPPO BDP-80 which is an outstanding DVD/CD/SACD player and has been my primary home theater music and movie source.  When I wanted to upgrade I strongly considered the 103 but now I'm more into flagship ownership mode, like the T1 and Meier stack no regrets.  I have a hard time believing that if I spent 10X's or 3X's the amount that I could upgrade more than 5-10% better than what I have now.  I'll say this about OPPO if they made AVR's I would be first in line.  I have yet to try out the audio streaming with the OPPO but the CD's I've played with so far have left me a bit preoccupied.

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #304 of 715
Quote:
I have an OPPO BDP-80 which is an outstanding DVD/CD/SACD player and has been my primary home theater music and movie source.  When I wanted to upgrade I strongly considered the 103 but now I'm more into flagship ownership mode, like the T1 and Meier stack no regrets.  I have a hard time believing that if I spent 10X's or 3X's the amount that I could upgrade more than 5-10% better than what I have now.  I'll say this about OPPO if they made AVR's I would be first in line.  I have yet to try out the audio streaming with the OPPO but the CD's I've played with so far have left me a bit preoccupied.

Nice, I think my Oppo has a coax dig output, so I can't wait to run that into the Daccord and give a listen. The 93 is my first Oppo player and I can't imagine owning anything else. The one feature Im waiting for is a triple crossover for bass management that allows for independent settings. I use a multichannel analog preamp, so I have all the processing carried out in the player. That's a big reason why I love the oppo so much...they said they've had multiple requests for this functionality, so hoping it shows up on an upcoming unit. But I couldn't ask for better performance from a BD/uni player. It's funny that I've never once used it for CD playback, so I need to get this hooked up in the next few days. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #305 of 715
Quote:

Nice, I think my Oppo has a coax dig output, so I can't wait to run that into the Daccord and give a listen. The 93 is my first Oppo player and I can't imagine owning anything else. The one feature Im waiting for is a triple crossover for bass management that allows for independent settings. I use a multichannel analog preamp, so I have all the processing carried out in the player. That's a big reason why I love the oppo so much...they said they've had multiple requests for this functionality, so hoping it shows up on an upcoming unit. But I couldn't ask for better performance from a BD/uni player. It's funny that I've never once used it for CD playback, so I need to get this hooked up in the next few days. 

You have the same basic set up I have. I used the digital coaxial of the OPPO out to the Daccord digital coaxial and used the fixed input into the Classic.  The audio out of the CD player on the OPPO is outstanding.  The Daccord's ability to process and output the CD digital signal is next level. 

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #306 of 715
Quote:
You have the same basic set up I have. I used the digital coaxial of the OPPO out to the Daccord digital coaxial and used the fixed input into the Classic.  The audio out of the CD player on the OPPO is outstanding.  The Daccord's ability to process and output the CD digital signal is next level. 

That's awesome....it'll be interesting to compare the quality of the Oppo as a transport with a physical disc to my streaming source. I'd be curious to see if I can discern any difference. 

also, I'm very tempted to utilize the variable outputs on the Daccord directly into my Butler amp to see how the Daccord can function in terms of a preamp, as well. 

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #307 of 715
Quote:

That's awesome....it'll be interesting to compare the quality of the Oppo as a transport with a physical disc to my streaming source. I'd be curious to see if I can discern any difference. 

also, I'm very tempted to utilize the variable outputs on the Daccord directly into my Butler amp to see how the Daccord can function in terms of a preamp, as well. 

I haven't tried the preamp of the Daccord yet,  too many uses to try 
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #308 of 715
I haven't had a chance to compare the preamp out to anything else yet, but my initial impression is very good. I have it running into my headphone amps and there's no scratchiness or channel imbalance that I've found yet. Sound is exemplary, as always. 

I've toyed with the idea of trying out a StageDAC (since you can pick them up shockingly cheap nowadays) to see if I like that less rounded (and presumably a bit more aggressive) sound. I also like the idea of having all those settings to mess around with :wink:.

Aug 11, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #309 of 715
Hi just wondering if anyone is using the daccord and classic to run either the HD800 or T1? and if so what your thoughts are?

Cheers

Aug 11, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #310 of 715
Quote:
Hi just wondering if anyone is using the daccord and classic to run either the HD800 or T1? and if so what your thoughts are?

Cheers

Yep, a few of us are. The Meier gear is a great match for the T1s. If you search through some of my past posts, you'll see my impressions on this pairing since it's only been a month or two that I bought the Classic/Daccord. Others have posted impressions in the same threads I did. 

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #311 of 715
Quote:

Cheers

I echo what Focker said above. I've also posted my impressions of the classic/daccord + T1s earlier in this thread.

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #312 of 715
Any updates on your issues with USB, Theogenes, or are you going to stick with the laptop?

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #313 of 715
Quote:

Yep, a few of us are. The Meier gear is a great match for the T1s. If you search through some of my past posts, you'll see my impressions on this pairing since it's only been a month or two that I bought the Classic/Daccord. Others have posted impressions in the same threads I did. 

Cheers, I'll have a look through your posts.

So it seems the T1 is a good match, what are peoples thoughts on the HD800 and Meier stack?

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #314 of 715
Is anyone running their daccords pre-amp into any headphone amps, any issues?

I'm getting a second amp soon and am considering running Daccord Pre-amp>Classic with the Daccord turned up half-way as that gives me a bit more room on the Classic as far as volume control is concerned but I'm not sure about diminishing the quality by doing so. I won't have a chance to properly sit down and test it for a few days so I was hoping someone else had already tried it :p

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #315 of 715
Quote:
Is anyone running their daccords pre-amp into any headphone amps, any issues?

I'm getting a second amp soon and am considering running Daccord Pre-amp>Classic with the Daccord turned up half-way as that gives me a bit more room on the Classic as far as volume control is concerned but I'm not sure about diminishing the quality by doing so. I won't have a chance to properly sit down and test it for a few days so I was hoping someone else had already tried it :p

I've tried various volume settings on the Daccord with the Classic and frankly it matters very little.  Paired this way it acts more like a pure DAC and less like a preamp.  The Classic has more than enough power to spare.  I rarely turn up the volume beyond 1/4 even with very difficult to drive HP's like the AKG K240 Sextett.  I can't emphasize this enough the pair sound great together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back